Antonio Valencia's Farewell Message...

lewwoo

All the best Tony. He must look around at the current team compared to what he has played with in the past and wonder what the hell went so wrong.

Coops73

Thanks Tony V.

He may of not been the most talented of players but if half this team had the application and determination that he had we might all feel a little more positive about the future of this club.

BlackBen

Farewell Valencia. I love how he always handled and bullied Sterling in his Liverpool days and early City career rendering him (Sterling) useless in the games and Sterling getting subbed off most of the time at half time as a result of that.

Good luck wherever you go Tony V.

arthurka

Great servant to us. Thanks for the good times.
Hope he does good where ever he decides to go.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Always superb attitude, I think I never heard him complaining about anything.

Ends his time in the club with full dignity with having some superb performances against Pool under his belt.

ship50

Thanks for everything and my best wishes to you, Tony.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Loved watching Valencia at Wigan. Wanted us to sign him (Villa) as he'd have been been a good fit for a Martin O'Neill team with his direct wing play but obviously no chance when Man. United came calling.

Thought he was very good first season (bit of a thankless task being a sort of replacement for Ronaldo) then struggled a bit after the broken leg although he was good in the run in for 11/12. Afterwards he switched more to right back and became more of a solid pro before his legs ran out this season.

Interesting reading that article and all the friendships he's made at the club which suggests he's more talkative around the place and better command of English than he lets on (before you all start I know his lack of education in Ecuador plays big part in this).

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Not as bad as most think the last few years.

His crossing wasn't great but you couldn't get around him. Shaw is doing what he did and being praised.

Beast of a RB and a great winger for a few years. Fired his agent because he wanted to stay.

Going from winger to full back is not an easy transition.

slir32

Great servant of the club it is sad to see him go but it is time. Thank you Valencia.

el3mel

Good luck for him in the upcoming part of his life. Had many bright moments here and one of the few that actually deserves the phrase "good servant".

Nikelesh Reddy

Goodbye Antonio.Will definitely miss watching you play in a United shirt....All the best for the future.....

Marcus

Thanks much Antonio! You gave us your all. This feels like the Gary Neville departure.

WensleyMU

One of the last players who truly knew what it meant to represent Manchester United. End of an era almost.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

rotherham_red

The disrespect he got from some twats on Twitter is nothing short of disgraceful. Had a horrible injury which would have wrecked other players' careers and bounced back from it within record time and helped us to win our next two titles. Then admirably transitioned to RB and did well until age caught up with him.

Deserves nothing but our total respect.

Whiteside '85

Excellent piece,

Tony V Gave everything for the shirt. Tore it up 11-12 Sir Matt award, Players' Player of the Year award and Goal of the season, all deserved...which was immense considering the horrific leg break a season earlier. Honestly, some will disagree given his terrific return but I believe that injury robbed Utd of an even better player for a more sustained period.

Sentiments aside, we held on to him for far too long.

That said, best of luck to him and his family a real success story.

Reactions: VeevaVee

Eila

He was definitely quality. He also way overstayed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Good to see this confirmed. Was fearing a u-turn and a new 4(+1) year deal with Woody in charge.

Foxbatt

Yes he was brilliant before his injury. the injury set him back. The year Rooney scored all those goals Berbatov would pick any pass to the right and there was Valencia to cross it for Rooney. He is also very quick and very strong too. If only his crossing was better he would have been unbeatable.
I wish him the best of luck and we need fighters like him and not players poncing around on the ground. Gave everything.

Yes he was brilliant before his injury. the injury set him back. The year Rooney scored all those goals Berbatov would pick any pass to the right and there was Valencia to cross it for Rooney. He is also very quick and very strong too. If only his crossing was better he would have been unbeatable.
I wish him the best of luck and we need fighters like him and not players poncing around on the ground. Gave everything.
One of his few good seasons was actually after the injury. Very lucky to be at the club so long, should have been jettisoned 5 years ago. Lots of effort, but quite frankly not good enough. Best of luck, but he won’t be remembered fondly by me.

Ace of Spades

He was a very good player overall, also a consistent player. Apart from his final season, you knew what to expect from Valencia. Also a fighter, his no nonsense attitude was probably why he was liked by all managers even after SAF.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Peak Valencia was hard to handle. You knew he was going to take his player wide and his defender knew that too, but he was so explosive with his first step that 9 times out of 10 he still managed to take his man on and either put in a quality cross or a cut back pass from the byline. I wish our players today would do that more often. He's the last generation of wingers who looked to set up a goal first and score second. The one thing I never understood though, was how he always went out of his way to avoid using his left foot. You would think that his left foot was there just to stand on, but every once in a while he would use his left and he actually had a great left foot. In fact, he scored some crackers with it...

King.of.Red

Great servant for the club. Top professional. I still remember that I was very sad when he broke his leg and very happy when he come back again. Well, enjoy and good luck for your new journey, Capt!

Irwin99

I liked Tony V despite his limitations. Always gave it his all and was genuinely a very good player at times. I wish him good luck.

Always thought Ashley Cole struggled against him, which is strange because Cole handled just about everyone else pretty well on one on ones.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Made a very solid season in our Europa League run and last season. This season everything changed for him (and us)