5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Has he had much game time since coming back from his injury?
3 games, 2 goals and 2 assists. He hasn't trained for a couple of weeks, so his fitness level might be in question.

dubplate warrior

One thing for sure is that Erik absolutely loves Antony, I think he'll start him as he knows his way of playing already.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Hope he plays against Arsenal, we'll need someone of his quality on the counter.
Doubt he'll play. We'll be lucky if he makes a sub appearance. Ten Hag seems to value fitness and won't start any player who isn't fit. Took a while to play Varane coming back from his injury and it's taking a while for Casemiro to start a game. Antony hasn't trained in a while now(remember he refused to train with Ajax during his transfer saga) which means he's behind in fitness and I don't see ETG playing him so soon. Sub appearance against Arsenal if we're lucky.

laughtersassassin

Buzzing about this one. We really need somebody who can add another dimension to our attack and Antony just seems to have 'it'.

11 you would imagine
Not a chance he takes 11. United won't want to draw attention to the Greenwood situation

laughtersassassin

He should start with Sancho on other side and Ronaldo up front. Elanga and Rashford need some time on the bench

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He should start with Sancho on other side and Ronaldo up from Elanga and Rashford need some time on the bench
I get this sentiment but I also think we’ll play counter attack against Arsenal and Rashford does tend to play well in those games

I agree with you long term though.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Can’t wait to get him in the side, we really need more unpredictability up front and pace and creativity. Really exciting player. Hope he plays on Sunday.

Vaibhav Raj

I get this sentiment but I also think we’ll play counter attack against Arsenal and Rashford does tend to play well in those games

I agree with you long term though.
It is a myth that Rashford plays "well" in our counter attacking games. Sure he gets a simple assist or a goal but he also kills down multiple attacking opportunities. We can win these games far more comfortably and convincingly playing counter attacking football if we fielded someone with better footballing IQ.

DevTheRed

Will definitely add another dimension to our attack.. and some well needed depth too.

Sancho Martial Antony
Rashford Ronaldo Elanga​

Doesn’t look too bad to me!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It is a myth that Rashford plays "well" in our counter attacking games. Sure he gets a simple assist or a goal but he also kills down multiple attacking opportunities. We can win these games far more comfortably and convincingly playing counter attacking football if we fielded someone with better footballing IQ.
Thats what we want surely - goals and assists

sherrinford

Will definitely add another dimension to our attack.. and some well needed depth too.

Sancho Martial Antony
Rashford Ronaldo Elanga​

Doesn’t look too bad to me!
Will he though? The way Antony is described mostly gives the impression he is similar to Sancho and Martial in that he predominantly wants the ball into his feet and likes to have runners in and around him for him to find - will that front three stretch the pitch and offer enough penetration?

DevTheRed

Will he though? The way Antony is described mostly gives the impression he is similar to Sancho and Martial in that he predominantly wants the ball into his feet and likes to have runners in and around him for him to find - will that front three stretch the pitch and offer enough penetration?
I think he will.. he’s a lot more direct than Sancho, left footed so that alone will add something, he’s quicker off the mark and looks to have a better cross.

He just looks a very confident footballer which will hopefully rub off on a few other players.. certainly Rashford.

FrantikChicken

Yes, Eric said he's was training yesterday, and he wouldn't have been training without a visa.
I thought the same but then Isak at Newcastle was training and his visa only got approved on match day, allowing him to play at the last moment. Seems like players can train but the visa is needed for actual games.

Lu Tze

I thought the same but then Isak at Newcastle was training and his visa only got approved on match day, allowing him to play at the last moment. Seems like players can train but the visa is needed for actual games.
Seems odd, it's a work visa. You surely can't work, i.e. train with your employer, without one.

Ghostrider318

Seems odd, it's a work visa. You surely can't work, i.e. train with your employer, without one.
Its probably treated as a personal workout session rather than a workday to get around it I guess

BoulderDevil

Can see him coming on as a sub if we are needing more control and ball retention in the final third. We will look much better with him playing over elanga or rashford on the wing. Shame we won’t get to see him play with martial yet.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Christ, he was born this millenium. I feel so old :( .

Hope he makes the bench for Sunday, and if we have a somewhat comfortable lead that he gets a cameo.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'm gonna stick my neck out on the line here for predictions these first few months:

He will most likely not light up the world in his first couple of games. As an attacking unit we aren't one that you can just chuck in and expect magic like City have done with Haaland. He will need some time to adapt.

He will be slated by critics, by oppo fans for being a flop after about 60 minutes' worth of football because of the price tag. We did it with Nunez, it's fair game.

But, if we let him settle, believe in his talent, and give him the time to show his passion to give his all (much like Martinez did with his start to the season), then I truly believe he will be delivering very soon. I am so excited to have a proper right winger for the first time in possibly a decade, and with Dalot finding his feet this could finally be a flank we will be watching much more of.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'm gonna stick my neck out on the line here for predictions these first few months:

He will most likely not light up the world in his first couple of games. As an attacking unit we aren't one that you can just chuck in and expect magic like City have done with Haaland. He will need some time to adapt.

He will be slated by critics, by oppo fans for being a flop after about 60 minutes' worth of football because of the price tag. We did it with Nunez, it's fair game.

But, if we let him settle, believe in his talent, and give him the time to show his passion to give his all (much like Martinez did with his start to the season), then I truly believe he will be delivering very soon. I am so excited to have a proper right winger for the first time in possibly a decade, and with Dalot finding his feet this could finally be a flank we will be watching much more of.
It's easier for Haaland and Nunez going into established teams with coaches that have been there 5 years+

Also as a striker you're there to finish moves, not create them. For those guys its much easier, as a creator or winger its not

SoCross

I think he will be a breath of fresh air and bring crowds to their feet. But will show moments of inconsistency for sure…but like you said, patience is required.

Looking forward to this!

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
It's easier for Haaland and Nunez going into established teams with coaches that have been there 5 years+

Also as a striker you're there to finish moves, not create them. For those guys its much easier, as a creator or winger its not
Totally agree on all of this, yet some of the fanbase and media will scrutinise him anyway. I'm simply predicting what is likely to happen, yet have full faith he will smash it here. He's the most exciting signing of the window for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.