5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

If you look at the PL stats for this season, Rashford's is actually better than Antony's - 34.6 to 31.0. The key thing here though is they're both low - below 50 percentile (ie, sub-average for PL wingers). But this, like headers won %, is a stat that is of doubtful usefulness on its own. If you look at take-ons attempted, it's 4.04 for Rashford, 3.82 for Antony. These are above-average, but not extremely high. If you look at the successful take-ons/90, which is arguably the most useful stat if you're looking at only one, Rahsford's is OK at 1.40, while Antony's is sub-average at 1.19.

For context, Garnacho is 27% (very bad)/7.35 (very high)/1.99, while Sancho is 41.8% (still bad)/4.17/1.74.

Antony is the only United attacker whose miscontrols aren't sub-average, but still not that good (1.84 in the PL). The others; Rashford 2.53, Garnacho 3.97, Sancho 2.65.

Of all those stats, the volume of Garnacho's take-on attempts (7.35/90) is the only one that is top 15 percentiles for wingers/att mids in the PL this season, and no one has even an average PL winger success rate, so it is safe to say this is not a strong area for this team.

If you want to add in Martial, he has a better success rate (50%) than any of the wingers, but he makes very few attempts (2.07/90), giving him 1.03 successful take-ons/90 (which is actually at least above average, for a striker). 2.51 miscontrols/90, also better than average for a PL striker.
conclusion: we need to sign Ronaldinho to bring the fun times back to United

Fabio Rochemback

Bright in the first half, not involved at all second but I wouldn't blame him too much for that given how little control we had.

acnumber9

Great defensively they say. Didn’t track back all night and the usual feck all when he had the ball.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Anyone who think he's going to become a world beater next season is kidding themselves. He's slow and just makes bad decisions all the time. Nowhere near good enough. He who shall not be named is miles better player.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
In that first half when we dominated we needed more quality from him. His passes in counters are almost always misplaced

El Jefe

I've said it we're in big trouble if he's in our front 3. It immediately puts a ridiculously high burden on the other players to score or create because he does neither.

Matt851

What's the point of this guy, he does something good every few games and that seems to be enough to convince people he is going to be world class. People act like its something impressive on the rare 9ccasions he uses his right foot. The fact is if he had only cost 30m no one would believe he was good enough to be starting for us

Lassitude42

The amount of money we waste on transfers is insane. We need to stop getting fleeced. Nearly every £60m+ purchase ends up being a waste of money. Antony is just another example sadly.

Matt851

Been very good recently. Our best player. Shite tonight though. You could tell he wasn’t on it from the first few minutes.
But he hasn't, he has been better than he was before but that still isn't particularly impressive. The fact is even in his good performances he will still kill the majority of attacks by waiting to face up the full back ans then passing it back or passing it inside into a congested area. The only real strength he has seems to be workmate, with the occasional banger but that just isn't enough

Skills

Snitch
I've said it we're in big trouble if he's in our front 3. It immediately puts a ridiculously high burden on the other players to score or create because he does neither.
Is right, unfortunately. You can't carry someone like this in your front 3.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
But he hasn't, he has been better than he was before but that still isn't particularly impressive. The fact is even in his good performances he will still kill the majority of attacks by waiting to face up the full back ans then passing it back or passing it inside into a congested area. The only real strength he has seems to be workmate, with the occasional banger but that just isn't enough
Nah, he has been very good recently.

Skills

Snitch
What's the point of this guy, he does something good every few games and that seems to be enough to convince people he is going to be world class. People act like its something impressive on the rare 9ccasions he uses his right foot. The fact is if he had only cost 30m no one would believe he was good enough to be starting for us
If he cost £30m, I'd still say he was overpriced.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I prefer Pellestri. He can actually beat a fullback and get crosses in with his right foot.

Awful signing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah, we saw him do that once in a sub appearance so that means he'll automatically do that all the time in every game.
More than once in fairness.

Seen him enough times now too to know he can actually beat a player too though and he can actually go wide right than having to cut inside all the bleeding time.

Antony is awful. He's been one of the poorest signings of the season. We'd be killing ourselves laughing if he was doing this at a rival club.

Lecland07

He seems to be more squad-player level. I think he could possibly fit a Park Ji Sung role, but he is not showing enough for the first team.

Think he will stand out even more if we sign a top striker, and not for good reasons. I feel we will look incredibly imbalanced, like Tottenham have when they had Kane and Son with a far lesser right winger.

The Substitute

Yeah, we saw him do that once in a sub appearance so that means he'll automatically do that all the time in every game.
At the same time, Antony have likely had 15x-20x the amount of minutes to do the same... Conclusion is that Pellistri have the ability and Antony doesn't.

Jeffthered

This.

Replace Antony with Martial or Sancho and you have exactly the same issue. I think ETH and coaching staff has worked wonders with what he has. Rashford and Bruno haev carried our attack. We miss Garnacho, a lot.

lex talionis

Didn't have the cutting edge we needed from him tonight to finish off a fairly poor Spurs side.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He seems to be more squad-player level. I think he could possibly fit a Park Ji Sung role, but he is not showing enough for the first team.

Think he will stand out even more if we sign a top striker, and not for good reasons. I feel we will look incredibly imbalanced, like Tottenham have when they had Kane and Son with a far lesser right winger.
I think with better teammates he'll look much better, as the onus won't be on him to cover that whole right side with his bag of one trick. If there's a sound right back providing the overlap again and again he'll be freed up and if there's actually a striker who wants to chase those diagonal crosses into the box he'll also prove more efficient.

He's got more in his locker as we've seen with maybe 2 or 3 measured through balls this season but he's got a lot of work to do to become more complete.

Sylar

I feel like he needs to do more when he's on the pitch.

But then I feel like our right side attack becomes non existent every time he's subbed off. If we're subbing him off we should at least bring on pellestri no?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Bright in the first half, not involved at all second but I wouldn't blame him too much for that given how little control we had.
He definitely wasn't bright in the first half. His first 20 minutes were among some of the worst from a United player this year I'd say. Probably gave the ball away more times than he completed a pass.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Been very good recently. Our best player. Shite tonight though. You could tell he wasn’t on it from the first few minutes.
Very good means that he was 4/5 or 8/10, and he just hasn't been that. Been very good considering his overall form doesn't mean he was very good in general. One goal and assist(in single game) in last 10 or so game against the likes of Brighton, Spurs, Sevilla, Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton, Brentford isn't anywhere near very good.

What's serious issue is that he didn't create anything in those games either, his creativity is absolutely terrible for a "flair" player who also doesn't score either.

hmchan

He definitely wasn't bright in the first half. His first 20 minutes were among some of the worst from a United player this year I'd say. Probably gave the ball away more times than he completed a pass.
He literally lost the ball every time he got it in the first 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.