5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhinav

I think Sancho playing as well on the right as he did against Chelsea and having an end product just might contribute to a more cohesive team
It was one game and Chelsea left acres of space for us to exploit. I will be pleasantly surprised if Sancho can deliver a good performance against City. Not holding my breath based on what we have seen this season from him.

Big Ray

Another injury prone player on the books? We either have rotten luck or the club has to look at either their scouting or quality of conditioning coaches at the club
This post is completely dumb. His ankle got trapped under a trailing leg in what was probably a foul. What do you think hes supposed to do in that situation to avoid injury?! :houllier:

wangyu

I don’t know how losing our first choice RW is good news if you are a United supporter? He may not always have the end product but Antony certainly contributes to more cohesive team play and has been in good form the last month or so.
Garnacho has a bigger impact. I would start him, he could have scored at least 2 goals when he came on vs Chelsea and he wasn’t even that good on Thursday. If he is able to pin Walker back with his running City loses a big threat. Rashford at 9 is a no brainer, he has intelligent runs into space, perfect for City’s high line. Playing with Martial would be useless as we won’t see much of the ball anyway.
Now obviously I would rather see Antony on the right because he doesn’t hide away like Sancho does but he is injured so Sancho it is…

So what I want to say is now that Antony is injured I think there is a bigger chance for Garnacho to start because otherwise it would be Sancho on the left with Rashford up top leaving Garnacho on the bench.

Anyway we’ll see, it would be my front 3 in the absence of Antony…

wangyu

I was watching on a stream so couldn't get a replay. But, it looked to me like the Chelsea defender scissor tackled the back of his leg. Hardly clumsy in that's the case.
But there wasn’t a fault blown or was there? I can’t remember but I assume it was a correct tackle. I never saw any replays myself.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
That's just the same source and speculation the tweet quoted from. It's not facts.
If you want facts only, you more than welcome to stay on the manchesterunited.com page and refresh it until on official statement appears. Everything else won't fit your standards.

lex talionis

Looking at it on replay at the time it looked a shitty scissors tackle, very much like the one that brought down Garnacho.

Neither were called fouls. Both should have been called fouls. These types of fouls are far more damaging than what Casemiro was convicted of.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
If it really is two months thats rough.. hopefully he gets back just in time for their pre-season tour.

Lee565

This post is completely dumb. His ankle got trapped under a trailing leg in what was probably a foul. What do you think hes supposed to do in that situation to avoid injury?! :houllier:
So as I said rotten luck

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah my feeling at the time was he was being a fecking baby about it, but you don't really say it in case he's actually injured.. but nah. He's got one of the lowest pain tolerances I've ever seen. Dramatic as hell reaction and none of our players going to check in on him or being concerned probably said a lot in terms of what they think too. Annoying as hell. Would be a much more likable player if he just got up or didn't exaggerate (see Martinez with his injury)

Roux

How can you be on crutches and then playing a week later makes no sense as someone stated he's either made a miraculous recovery or being over dramatic.
its precautionary - just like Bruno's was

AjaxNL

Apart from all the doubts on a technical level about the player Antony, you really have to question his pain barrier when you leave the field in tears on a stretcher, only to be available 1,5 week later. He pulled stuff like this too much at Ajax as well. Such an unlikeable character

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Apart from all the doubts on a technical level about the player Antony, you really have to question his pain barrier when you leave the field in tears on a stretcher, only to be available 1,5 week later. He pulled stuff like this too much at Ajax as well. Such an unlikeable character
Things can feel much worse initially, I can't understand coming down hard on someone who feels like they may be just about to miss an important cup final. Bizarre post.

AjaxNL

Things can feel much worse initially, I can't understand coming down hard on someone who feels like they may be just about to miss an important cup final. Bizarre post.
not such a bizarre post if you've watched the guy for the last two seasons doing exactly what he’s doing here

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah my feeling at the time was he was being a fecking baby about it, but you don't really say it in case he's actually injured.. but nah. He's got one of the lowest pain tolerances I've ever seen. Dramatic as hell reaction and none of our players going to check in on him or being concerned probably said a lot in terms of what they think too. Annoying as hell. Would be a much more likable player if he just got up or didn't exaggerate (see Martinez with his injury)
Made no sense to me immediately when I saw what part of his leg he was touching and crying(well above his ankle, I think it translates as tibia?), while it was actually his ankle. I thought he broke his leg, because that's where he was showing, but looks like he was just overreacting.

Their keeper was the most serious about that situation, but yeah, our players didn't even pay too much attention to it.

Anyway, good that he is back.

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
do you reckon he was faking his injury or something?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Made no sense to me immediately when I saw what part of his leg he was touching and crying(well above his ankle, I think it translates as tibia?), while it was actually his ankle. I thought he broke his leg, because that's where he was showing, but looks like he was just overreacting.

Their keeper was the most serious about that situation, but yeah, our players didn't even pay too much attention to it.

Anyway, good that he is back.
That is actually a very bad sign but tells more about Antony than anyone else tbh.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
do you reckon he was faking his injury or something?
Just ingrained in him to exaggerate contact and point out "pain" so when something actually hurts a bit, he loses his mind. Even if it was an actual injury - not a great look to go all dramatic and cry about it. His reaction is in line with the actual pain from a leg break, not the fear of it.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Love that.

Antony did not attend Monday night's ceremony at Old Trafford so that he could continue to focus on his fitness, with Saturday's Emirates FA Cup final against Manchester City coming up.

RedStarUnited

I feel its a generation thing, A lot of the current players seemingly have a low pain barrier. In the Dortmund game the other day with minutes remaining, Haller gets hit lightly on the head and stayed down for about 2 minutes. Mind you his team needed 2 goals at the time and couldn't afford to lose any more minutes. He was as fine for the rest of the game.

Chief123

I’ve rolled my ankle many times and it’s extremely painful at the time but doesn’t stop you playing a week later.

Dike_Manc

Antony will keep us solid vs City. He keeps his position and he tracks back well. But every time I see him on the team sheet, I struggle to see where our goals will come from. His very poor decision making and selfishness will cost us when we have to transition quickly.
I hope he does not start vs City and I struggle to see how he changes in the future.

Red00012

If someone asked me if I could have one of Antony or Martial fit for Saturday I’d have picked Antony.
Martial wouldn’t have offered much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.