Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The result will disguise the absolute peach he scored.
He's the closest thing to Robben / Nani you'll get in world football IMO with the type of shot, expect a few of them a season.

Get a brilliant RB who puts in a dangerous cross, and a world class striker up top and the right flank is just trouble.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I have said it many times that Ronaldo's inability to fit in the team's play at this stage and his age are not hugely important as the guy will be gone soon enough. The bigger problem has always been the younger forwards, who may have a longer future here. And if you think about it, the guy who can't be named had exactly the same problem, with all his undoubted talents. It is very weird that our youth players who make it to the first team are usually known to be hard workers.
They spent years under Ole who indulged them and allowed them to be lazy wankers. It’s why I’ve said the biggest damage Ole did to us was ruining our players.

The United

They spent years under Ole who indulged them and allowed them to be lazy wankers. It’s why I’ve said the biggest damage Ole did to us was ruining our players.
Not really. If we want to blame it on managers, there are a few with Rashford. When Rashford broke out, it was LVG who said running was for animals. And, then Jose who just played a low block from the first minute to end coached him. Ole was not the only one to blame for this.

But then again, the likes of Lingard did not stop running under any of those managers.

Eddy_JukeZ

I missed the second half. Rewatching it now. I’m 10 minutes in and it’s genuinely making me furious how shit they’re playing. The rest of the team have actually upped their game a bit and City are finding it difficult to get out of their half. But the two of them are fecking strolling around, in their matching yellow boots, making a mess of almost every move they get involved in. They’re so crap it looks like deliberate sabotage. Beyond belief, it really is. Two local lads, playing in a derby! What is going on inside their heads?!
They really sabotaged us.

You can't carry 2 players who proceed to put in a foot wrong in basically every single action they had. They were terrible.

I'd be very tempted to bin both in the summer if they don't step it up.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I missed the second half. Rewatching it now. I’m 10 minutes in and it’s genuinely making me furious how shit they’re playing. The rest of the team have actually upped their game a bit and City are finding it difficult to get out of their half. But the two of them are fecking strolling around, in their matching yellow boots, making a mess of almost every move they get involved in. They’re so crap it looks like deliberate sabotage. Beyond belief, it really is. Two local lads, playing in a derby! What is going on inside their heads?!
Looks like we’re not the only ones noticing that… Ignore the tweet, mind. I think that’s more on Sancho and Rash than Antony who did a decent enough job going back.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Looks like we’re not the only ones noticing that… Ignore the tweet, mind. I think that’s more on Sancho and Rash than Antony who did a decent enough job going back.
Yeah, Antony was one of our most involved players. Certainly in the second half.

Even the way he presses is different. When he goes for it he runs at 100 miles an hour. Flat out. Bruno’s the same. Rashford just fecking lopes towards the defender.

flameinthesun

They really sabotaged us.

You can't carry 2 players who proceed to put in a foot wrong in basically every single action they had. They were terrible.

I'd be very tempted to bin both in the summer if they don't step it up.
I honestly think they'll be replaced soon. Once Martial is back in the team Rashford and Sancho will battle it out for the left wing. Then ideally in the winter, more likely summer we buy another 1 or 2 forwards with both quality and workrate and they both will get the maguire treatment.

Rashford I could see staying as a backup option due to his speed and I'm not sure if he has a desire to leave. Sancho on the other hand we won't even get half of his price back. I've not given up fully on Sancho just yet but mannnnn he is walking on thin ice.

I do have alight hope that what I've seen so far from Ten Hag is that he won't be afraid to drop both.

Raven

Really needs to cop his shit on, scored some lovely goals this season but hasn't really been at the races otherwise which is doubly disappointing because he had a pretty good preseason.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really needs to cop his shit on, scored some lovely goals this season but hasn't really been at the races otherwise which is doubly disappointing because he had a pretty good preseason.
He's done pretty well considering it's a new league, he's young and the state of our team? Seems his colleagues need to cop their shit on far more

saivet

I don't think so, the first half in particular, they were killing us down our right hand side, partly because Dalot couldn't cope on his own. Antony does seem to have more grit than the other two in terms of workrate and he was decent in the 2nd half but he was culpable too.

flappyjay

He left Dalot exposed in the 1st half.

Idxomer

Are you talking about Antony or Sancho?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was actually Dalot that didn't back Antony up in trying to press from the front. And Dalot ended up causing himself and the midfield huge problems. Antony at one point advances forward to apply pressure/block the passing lane centrally and hence signals towards Dalot to engage the City attacker in the wide space but Dalot is nowhere to be found and City advance the play easily. That then results in the back-line dropping deeper and gaps opening up in the half spaces which City exploited because we lost our compactness.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It was actually Dalot that didn't back Antony up in trying to press from the front. And Dalot ended up causing himself and the midfield huge problems. Antony at one point advances forward to apply pressure/block the passing lane centrally and hence signals towards Dalot to engage the City attacker in the wide space but Dalot is nowhere to be found and City advance the play easily. That then results in the back-line dropping deeper and gaps opening up in the half spaces which City exploited because we lost our compactness.
Exactly. You can't both press from the front and track all of the way back to sit deep next to your fullback. At least not at the same time. It's one or the other. I think, and this has to be said yet again, that he was hurt because the rest of our forwards were doing a shit job pressing from the front, so it just caused disjointedness in our defensive structure and City is always going to expose that.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I love how he moves with the ball and protects it if only we had more players who can control and protect the ball like he does.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Never mind the whole team, if our other attacking players could match his workrate we’d be a hell of a lot better off. According to fbref he made 18 pressures yesterday. The two chumps who’ve been dropped from the England team made 16 pressures between them. Needless to say he also made more tackles and interceptions than the pair of them combined. Most shocking of all, he racked up more than double the amount of their combined total number of touches (and not far off three times as many passes!).

We all know Ronaldo has become a bit of a meme for strikers that don’t work hard enough but Tweedle-dum and Tweedle-dee seem to be taking this as some sort of challenge to see who can be the laziest attacking player in the league.

EDIT: I made a bollox of the touches/passes stats. He actually just matches their combined totals for both. Didn’t double/triple them. Still though…
Bloody hell that is pathetic from the two of them. And yeah, folk are ripping into Ronaldo for not pressing but those two are just as bad. Fed up watching them do feck all against opposition who have the ball, and not only that when they do get it they can barely keep it. Not just on Sunday but this is killing us in general, where we can't build an attack because they cannot keep the ball.

We aren't gonna play City every week, and yes I know Rashford won POTM, but in the run up to the WC I want to see FAR more from both Sancho and Rashford.

Sunday v Everton my front three would be Rashford (edges it because of goals and assists this season) - Martial - Antony.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I love how he moves with the ball and protects it if only we had more players who can control and protect the ball like he does.
The funnier thing is the academy at Sao Paolo nearly let him go at 18 they didn't think he'd make it, his growth has been immense considering when he got taken up to play football

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We probably overpaid a bit but I understand why ten hag did it, im happy about him for now, probably our best wide forward for the time being.

Bill_Prunier

Early days for him, but I'm pleased to see him score in his first 2 premier league games (despite the unwelcome month break between the two!) Seeing as his G/A output at Ajax was constantly questioned by many.

I think it will always be difficult for the huge fee to be justified, but first impressions for me I really like his attitude and that he looks to have some backbone. Looking forward to seeing how his career continues at United, and suspect (/hope!) he could well become a big favourite.

Mr PG

The result will disguise the absolute peach he scored.
Antony has the highest ceiling on our team. A wonderfully balanced footballer with skills to match. Once Dalot learns to work with antony and make the overlapping runs he’ll be lethal.

Mr PG

People think we overpaid but what’s more important is that fee is cheap as far as team achievements are concerned. And let’s be honest not many top players were picking up while we were in the mud… it was important to pay what we needed to get Antony.

Bobski

His dribbling is odd, really good at the keep away dribbling, holding the ball and making people miss but when he has to take the initiative and go directly at defenders he is much less confident. Lots of good things anyway.

Raven

Thought he was pretty good, showed a bit more of his dribbling today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he's going to be absolutely class. Love the explosiveness he has and how agile and talented he is. Has a hell of a shot on that left foot, isn't selfish and usually it's easier to teach a player to take shots rather than lift your head up when in a chance (which he tries to do, too much). He's going to be brilliant IMO.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
His cutting from the left and curling the ball looks dangerous. He'll score a few more like that this season. Improving game by game. Also glad to see him being strong on the ball and hard to take it away from him. So far he seems a bit reluctant to go on the outside but I'm sure he's still being a tab bit conservative and with more game and confidence he'll start doing it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Has had a fairly decent start with us. Certainly has more confidence than Sancho and will look to beat his man.

I think he will do okay for us. Not sure he's 84m player though but that's not his fault.

demetre

You could see that he will score some absolute belters for us. Just needs to be more confident.

Irwin99

Thought he was one of the few players that played well in the first half. Looks tenacious and aggressive which i really like. That part in the first half where he kept on his feet and kept the ball despite being fouled about three times :drool:

Telsim

Decent performance. Tenacious, but he has to do more. It’s just not enough.

RedOrange

His cutting from the left and curling the ball looks dangerous. He'll score a few more like that this season. Improving game by game. Also glad to see him being strong on the ball and hard to take it away from him. So far he seems a bit reluctant to go on the outside but I'm sure he's still being a tab bit conservative and with more game and confidence he'll start doing it.
If we can get the striker running to the right when he cuts in it'll give the option of a quick pass through the defensive line into the feet of the striker on the right side while the keeper is moving to the left to defend the shot. He'll also open up space around him in the future because either the midfielders will have to cover the inside bit to take away the cut in, or the fullbacks will have to, leaving space out wide.

The White Pele

I liked what I saw today. His shooting ability has looked more impressive than I thought it was in the last two games which is promising. Really unlucky with his effort tonight which needed a top save. He showed some really smart touches and quality dribbling ability today. He has the ball on a string at times. Obviously should have done better or been more selfish when messing up the Bruno pass.

I think he’s the best player of that profile that we could have signed this summer so a wise investment in my opinion. A quality addition to our attacking options.

Rossa

Can we please stop with the he lacks pace argument? He clearly showed both solid top speed and great acceleration today.

He needs to run at his defenders more though - takes a little too long figuring out what to do at times.

He's going to be a star. Playing within himself so far, more than understandly, yet is gaining a little more swagger now. Plus, 2 goals already is exceeding expectations. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.