Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's great that our ex players have made a huge meal out of it and helped create negative press for our new signing when it's not even needed. Sour feckers.

Parma Dewol

I love how much his confidence has improved in such a short time. Was excited when we signed him as he seemed to have an ego about him, and that's something we've been lacking in certain departments.

Yet in those first weeks, despite playing fairly well, he seemed surprisingly reserved and unwilling to take risks.

Glad to see him showing more of his exciting side. Makes things happen every game, and that would have been some ball to Cas had he pulled it off. Hoping for more of the same, and personally, I think this guy has the mentality to pull it off more often than not.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
yet another lie. They love skill but also want end product too. Grealish is loved for his skills. They loved when Rooney did flair. Joe Cole too. They creamed over Messi and Ronaldinho every time they seen them play. They loved Hazard, Ginola, Giggs, Bergkamp. You lot are the biggest, liars pushing the fakest narrative here. The skill dudes always get props but the truth is Antony thus far is a "fake skill dude" who ain't really on that in the way we are accustomed to. He might get on it later but then he just might not be a skillful player except in training or with no one near him
Then I’ll call double standards on their part. Not every trick in football comes off.
By the way non of the players you mentioned above played this way. If you had mentioned, Okocha, ASM, Queresma, Neymar or Ronaldinho your point will be more valid.
I am not a great fan of caricature footballers but I respect their ability and I accept their ability you don’t coach but it’s natural to who they are.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I mean it is called the beautiful game…

Nothing wrong with some showboating.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's great that our ex players have made a huge meal out of it and helped create negative press for our new signing when it's not even needed. Sour feckers.
They can't help it. Great footballers but utter bellends.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't get the argument that he should have played that pass with a 100% accuracy after that spin. 90% of crosses we put in end up at useless spots.

Their defender just stood there for 3 seconds and it appeared that he switched off. If that pass lead to a goal scoring opportunity, nobody would be losing their shit and the 'standards' warriors like Scholes would have kept their mouth shut.

MuFc_1992

How the hell is that spin not useful? It allows him to quickly change passing angle and also confuses the defender. I believe its a lot more useful than stepovers that Ronaldo and others do.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Continue the spin don't and never stop doing it. Those who called it silly should go watch Dan James, Antony isn't for you.

JeffFromHK

Antony should do the spin 10 times vs West Ham to piss off fools like Sounness, Allardyce, Scholes & Co.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I think had he pulled off the pass it would have been seen as a brilliant way to hold up the ball, but he didn't and that's what the criticism really comes down to.
What if I said that his pass was actually quite good, and it was Bruno who failed to run fast enough into the space, to leverage it?

NewGlory

How the hell is that spin not useful? It allows him to quickly change passing angle and also confuses the defender. I believe its a lot more useful than stepovers that Ronaldo and others do.
I agree fecking 100%. The whole thing is overblown out of any proportion. Everybody should leave the guy alone. Big fecking whoop if he is trying to do something different. It's a goddamn game, not robots moving around.

MrBest

Look at the state of some of these posts :lol: :lol: :lol:. Absolute dullards whose lives have been turned upside down just like British pundits’s by that one harmless move from Antony. Bloody hell.
If you showboat when you are not under pressure and then lose the ball, how is that not stupid? I wouldn't go as far as what Scholes said, basically calling him a clown, but if you are going to do something fancy, at least make sure there is end product. A lot of managers also don't like it. Remember Nani against Arsenal, I think fergie went mad at him and we were 4 0 up at that point. I'm happy to see it if we are winning but given how bad we have been against these lower teams, it was not the smartest thing to do at 0 0 in a must win game.

lapassion

I hope he does it everytime he receives the ball now seeing that it's still being discussed. Feckin hell these pundits.

WirralRed

Seems to be in fashion for these pundits to be moody and dismissive, really don’t think they believe half the shit they say. I usually turn off as soon as I’ve heard the manager speak if watching on tv.

zenith

10 pages of BS about that spin and almost nothing about the performance. Even the caf is obsessed with the spin

NewGlory

10 pages of BS about that spin and almost nothing about the performance. Even the caf is obsessed with the spin
Hey, to be fair - we would talk about his performance, if there were any, in that game. Don't blame the victims? :)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I got news for you, yeah, good players adjust their passes depending on who receives it. They'll try to play longer/shorter or place the ball on the left/right foot of said player so he receives it in the best condition possible.

Kinda ridiculous to think that a good passer will play the same ball for Mbappé or Giroud.
As a general tactic you’d play the ball in to feet for Giroud or be more inclined to cross it.

Perhaps he should’ve done one of those general things.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'm keeping a list of posters who complained about Antony's spin. In my eyes they're not a true football fan and don't understand Joga Bonito. These people should watch Cricket, not football.

twitter thread suggester
You just know they are going to scrutinize his every move. I hate the media!

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I like it. Even the oppo defenders was like "dude whats that, what am i supposed to do now".. Shame bruno couldn't get into to the ball. Would have been a sight to behold.

Thiagoal

I'm keeping a list of posters who complained about Antony's spin. In my eyes they're not a true football fan and don't understand Joga Bonito. These people should watch Cricket, not football.
They stopped watching cricket when the reverse sweep and Dilshan scoop were trailblazed!!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Disgusting how he's been treated by the trash media. Here is a kid from the slums making his dream come true and performing well. Scoring important goals and worldies, in his first few months in a new team and league with a big transfer fee on his head.

So what do we get about his coverage, that he might be a one trick pony, that he's too flashy, needs a kicking. Scholes needs to stfu about Antony.

Let our boy play the game. He's been doing well. You're allowed tricks if you perform .

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Antony the type of player to take this 'hate' of his showboating and do it even more. Guarantee we see it again against West Ham.

Something else I love about him is he's feisty, he backs his team mates up. As I said in the Martinez thread, I love that when he saw Casemiro get elbowed he ran straight over and shoved the guy to the ground.

Far too often has our team had no unity, no care for eachother. You can tell Antony would do anything for his brothers. Love that.

erikcred

Perhaps the spin created the channel for the pass.

Should’ve looked who has was passing to :lol: ffs. Oh I’ll play it shorter because Casemiro is slow.
Casemiro didn't know when to start his run because he didn't know how many more spins were coming.

Stacks

Then I’ll call double standards on their part. Not every trick in football comes off.
By the way non of the players you mentioned above played this way. If you had mentioned, Okocha, ASM, Queresma, Neymar or Ronaldinho your point will be more valid.
I am not a great fan of caricature footballers but I respect their ability and I accept their ability you don’t coach but it’s natural to who they are.
But Okocha (my fav non United player) was loved in England and I did mention Ronaldinho who was wanked over every time I saw him on the champions league on ITV coverage. Even Lampard said every time they played vs Barca it was clear Ronaldinho was the best player because of the things he could do with the ball. And yes a young Joe Cole was exactly that type of player. Who is ASM?

BTW I love flair players and skillful players, you are actually reading my messaging wrong.

Rolaholic

Love seeing these Brazilians stick together. Happened with Richarlison earlier this season and Vinicius shortly after

Chief123

It was VERY cringe, almost like some Neymar tribute act and a very poor one at that. He should stop this spinning shit; this is not samba or flair, it's useless, wasteful and is downright embarrassing. :lol: Maybe consistently beat your fullback without a safe pass back before the circus tricks come out. If this is the type of winger to lead post-Neymar Brazil... yikes.

I will say it's amusing to see pundits getting pissed though.
Sounds like someone who’s still seething from a dismal exit from the UCL. Welcome to Europa.

RC89

What if I said that his pass was actually quite good, and it was Bruno who failed to run fast enough into the space, to leverage it?
Oh, I'm not criticising Antony. I'm just saying had the pass come off you wouldn't hear a peep from the commentators and their issue with the move.

NewGlory

Oh, I'm not criticising Antony. I'm just saying had the pass come off you wouldn't hear a peep from the commentators and their issue with the move.
I agree 100%, but having rewatched the pass 10 more times, I think it was actually very good, and it was Bruno who was too slow to benefit from it.

Foxbatt

Then you would have said what Johan Cruijff said. Ball is played to space. Right player in the right space at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.