Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Yes as he will earn x3 his salary and play in an elite league against teams you have actually heard of.
Oh like the last time the english media said he skipped training because he wanted to go. While he showed up the next day a week early instead of making a fuss.

Besides paying 5mil a year is something Ajax can and will do. So i'm not sure it'll be 3x as much

marktan

Its irrational to hear the fee and to start worrying or complaining it’s too much.

It’s not really and even if it is then it’s a very slight overpay as evidenced in the current market.
It's rational because he isn't worth it and the money could be better spent elsewhere on the team. It's the same as with Martinez, Sancho, people clamour and say don't worry about the fee but don't consider the actual profile of the player and whether it improves the team or not. We have so many holes in our team that we can't afford to overpay for players, but given what a mess this window has been with no resemblance of a plan I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Where did United find the money? :lol:

After the Martinez deal I am even more confident we'll only be selling him for top dollar.

Still want Antony to stay for another season, however if United are really offering €80m I can see this happening in the next week. At this point in the market Ajax probably won't accept €80m, however I doubt that a deal won't happen for that money.

If Ajax sells Antony for €80m+ and then get Ziyech back I'll be happy.

I do feel a lot of panic at United right now though. I love Antony and genuinely believe he could be an absolute beast one day. However after seeing United playing it's just ridiculous to think Antony would fix the issues. He won't.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's rational because he isn't worth it and the money could be better spent elsewhere on the team. It's the same as with Martinez, Sancho, people clamour and say don't worry about the fee but don't consider the actual profile of the player and whether it improves the team or not. We have so many holes in our team that we can't afford to overpay for players, but given what a mess this window has been with no resemblance of a plan I wouldn't be surprised if we did.
Richarlison €71m
Raphinha €65m
Antony €67m

The fee is exactly where it should be really when consider what Richarlison and Raphinha went for.

What do you think United should pay then? That would persuade Ajax to sell and in line with the above fees this summer?

TheReligion

Abusive
Where did United find the money? :lol:

After the Martinez deal I am even more confident we'll only be selling him for top dollar.

Still want Antony to stay for another season, however if United are really offering €80m I can see this happening in the next week. At this point in the market Ajax probably won't accept €80m, however I doubt that a deal won't happen for that money.

If Ajax sells Antony for €80m+ and then get Ziyech back I'll be happy.
The window has been poorly navigated but the money is there and always has been.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Same for you :lol:
I would like Antony to stay at Ajax, but i would also not mind if they sell big. Because Ajax unlike Utd is able to sign players. I'm not worried at all, i just find it hilarious that people here are so delusional that they think every players wants to go to United so will make a fuss to facilitate the move :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I would like Antony to stay at Ajax, but i would also not mind if they sell big. Because Ajax unlike Utd is able to sign players. I'm not worried at all, i just find it hilarious that people here are so delusional that they think every players wants to go to United so will make a fuss to facilitate the move :lol:
Your bio says you support United and Ajax but come across pretty bitter to United for some reason

kirk buttercup

United are not in a great place at the moment true. But the Premiership is better than the Eredivisie and United are a bigger club on a global scale even in these testing times. Facts don't have feelings if we offer enough he will be playing for United

marktan

Richarlison €71m
Raphinha €65m
Antony €67m

The fee is exactly where it should be really when consider what Richarlison and Raphinha went for.

What do you think United should pay then? That would persuade Ajax to sell and in line with the above fees this summer?
Richarlison I'd happily pay that fee for. Very talented.

Raphina.. I'm not sure. He was good for Leeds but it remains to be seen how good he is for a top team. For £50m I might take the gamble.

Antony is even more risky, plays in a league where the defending is genuinely horrible and doesn't even put up good figures there. Ajax want 80m euros for him and that's way too much, fair value for the risk I'd say is around £40m.

It's not necessarily comparing to what other players went for but considering the player and all the relevant bits of info regarding that player.

TheReligion

Abusive
Urgh. Such a bitchy little post. You obviously don’t support United.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
It's not really delusional when he plays for a feeder club tbf

GledTheRed

Oh like the last time the english media said he skipped training because he wanted to go. While he showed up the next day a week early instead of making a fuss.

Besides paying 5mil a year is something Ajax can and will do. So i'm not sure it'll be 3x as much
You seem edgy.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Your bio says you support United and Ajax but come across pretty bitter to United for some reason
Oh i support United. I just really hate the elitist attitude some people have here. It's rather pathetic. Sure Ajax is my local team but i watch every United match, been to matches and have several kits. But apparently i'm not a Utd fan because i don't automatically assume every player wants to join Utd

Berbaclass

Oh i support United. I just really hate the elitist attitude some people have here. It's rather pathetic. Sure Ajax is my local team but i watch every United match, been to matches and have several kits. But apparently i'm not a Utd fan because i don't automatically assume every player wants to join Utd
Antony probably does though mate.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Antony probably does though mate.
There is a difference between wanting to join and making a fuss to join. Antony probably isn't the latter. And like i posted here before many times. If Utd pays the asking price, Ajax probably will accept. But 80m most likely isn't that

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Richarlison I'd happily pay that fee for. Very talented.

Raphina.. I'm not sure. He was good for Leeds but it remains to be seen how good he is for a top team. For £50m I might take the gamble.

Antony is even more risky, plays in a league where the defending is genuinely horrible and doesn't even put up good figures there. Ajax want 80m euros for him and that's way too much, fair value for the risk I'd say is around £40m.

It's not necessarily comparing to what other players went for but considering the player and all the relevant bits of info regarding that player.
It is a complete myth that his numbers aren't good. Look at his numbers per 90 minutes in the Eredivisie or CL or National Team and that's more than fine for a winger.

He's a winger, no inside forward.

Berbaclass

So do you think these stories of offering big money for Antony and Casemiro are false then?
I don't really know what to make of them to be very honest.

Can you see us spending €60+ million and humungous wages of Casemiro and then another €80+ million Antony if we were supposedly selling Garner to fund Rabiot? It really doesn't make sense.

kirk buttercup

Can you see us spending €60+ million and humungous wages of Casemiro and then another €80+ million Antony if we were supposedly selling Garner to fund Rabiot? It really doesn't make sense.
Unless we have come into money with things happening in the background

GledTheRed

There is a difference between wanting to join and making a fuss to join. Antony probably isn't the latter. And like i posted here before many times. If Utd pays the asking price, Ajax probably will accept. But 80m most likely isn't that
He'll leave soon enough when he's bored playing against league 1 opposition in your Mickey Mouse league.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He'll leave soon enough when he's bored playing against league 1 opposition in your Mickey Mouse league.
Prime example of an elitist forum member :lol:

In case you haven't noticed. The Eredivisie has slowly been creeping up the league ranking. Even going so far that the Ligue 1 in its sights, only for coefficients of course. So comparing it to League 1 couldn't be further from the truth. Of course Antony will outgrow the league sooner than later. But that might not be this window. So you better be prepared for another dissappointment

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

No I struggle to believe it, but both stories have a lot of conviction behind them. Even the Caicedo stuff feels legit to me.

Like I said earlier, it feels like something has happened behind the scenes or something has been said. Perhaps somebody had explained to the Glazers the very real possibility for disaster this season if we don't spend big, hell even relegation has been talked about in the same sentence as us.

My prediction, the Glazers have been convinced we need a lot of investment in the team and the stadium in the last couple of weeks. They're obviously now making moves to fund it all through selling shares etc. I'd much rather the reality being that they will sell the club completely, but it looks like they just want somebody to hand over a couple billion for them to invest, in return for a small slice of the club.

Berbaclass

No I struggle to believe it, but both stories have a lot of conviction behind them. Even the Caicedo stuff feels legit to me.

Like I said earlier, it feels like something has happened behind the scenes or something has been said. Perhaps somebody had explained to the Glazers the very real possibility for disaster this season if we don't spend big, hell even relegation has been talked about in the same sentence as us.

My prediction, the Glazers have been convinced we need a lot of investment in the team and the stadium in the last couple of weeks. They're obviously now making moves to fund it all through selling shares etc. I'd much rather the reality being that they will sell the club completely, but it looks like they just want somebody to hand over a couple billion for them to invest, in return for a small slice of the club.
My prediction is we'll see few more signings until the ownership is resolved and then strengthen as much as possible in January and next summer.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
My prediction is we'll see few more signings until the ownership is resolved and then strengthen as much as possible in January and next summer.
Ownership resolved in what way? As in, what are you expecting to happen?

I'm still not convinced they'll sell to anybody other than these hedge fund types. I hope I'm wrong but I can't imagine them selling part of the club to somebody like Ratcliffe, who will constantly be challenging them and pushing to take the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.