Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
As good as I think he is, it still scares me that Bergwijn, who couldn’t hack it at Spurs went back to Ajax and looks class there.
Let's see how he does in the CL and at the world cup.

I firmly believe that the PL is of higher standard, but also that they scout very poorly.

redIndianDevil

Harry Maguire is an £80m player, Paul Pogba £89m, what does an '£80m' player look like in the current climate?
So it's not enough that our rivals are laughing at us for getting our pants pulled down twice, you want one more time as well?

Mainoldo

Harry Maguire is an £80m player, Paul Pogba £89m, what does an '£80m' player look like in the current climate?
Maybe your panicking like our stupid director John. But if you can’t see anything wrong with what you said. I cannot help you.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Again I ask for those baulking at the fee.

NAME ANOTHER LEFT FOOTED RW WE COULD BUY OF HIS QUALITY OR BETTER?

pascell

So it's not enough that our rivals are laughing at us for getting our pants pulled down twice, you want one more time as well?
I'm not the one who's letting their laughter get to me and getting my shit twisted about it. It's not my money and I trust ten Hags judgement as he's signed him once before.

Maybe your panicking like our stupid director John. But if you can’t see anything wrong with what you said. I cannot help you.
Panicking over what? It's not my money like I've said before, absolutely nothing to panic over. It actually seems like it's you who's letting the apparent price tag get to them.

This guy will light up OT, €80m will be a bargain.

TheReligion

Abusive
My concern with this is that it means we will cheap out on a CM, or just won’t sign one.

I’d rather spend 80m on a DM and get a cheap forward
Not a dig at you but I’m unsure why everyone seems to think there’s no money?

Or this is the De Jong money, or Casemiro money..

At this point it’s beyond stupid to think that. It’s clear there is money. The player profiles are all different positions all of which we need.

Mainoldo

I'm not the one who's letting their laughter get to me and getting my shit twisted about it. It's not my money and I trust ten Hags judgement as he's signed him once before.

Panicking over what? It's not my money like I've said before, absolutely nothing to panic over. It actually seems like it's you who's letting the apparent price tag get to them.

Like Pepe yeah.

redIndianDevil

I'm not getting anything twisted. Every penny we overpay affects our future.

TheReligion

Abusive
Again I ask for those baulking at the fee.

NAME ANOTHER LEFT FOOTED RW WE COULD BUY OF HIS QUALITY OR BETTER?
Richarlison €71m
Raphinha €65m
Antony €67m

The fee is exactly where it should be really when consider what Richarlison and Raphinha went for.

People need to give their heads a wobble

Mainoldo

What's Pepe got to do with this transfer?
You have to spend responsibly. Being the most expensive winger in this league comes with silly pressure that he will not need when he’s coming from the Dutch league which has such a poor transition to the Prem it‘s now a running joke.

Mainoldo

Richarlison €71m
Raphinha €65m
Antony €67m

The fee is exactly where it should be really when consider what Richarlison and Raphinha went for.

What league was they playing in and delivering?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’m more worried about the current state of our squad and our prospects over the next 3 years than much further in the future.

We are not in the position where we have a strong hand negotiating we have lost our opening 2 games bottom of the league about to play our fiercest rivals and haven’t made a marquee signing yet to excite fans as per the glazer policy.

We don’t have the power to scrimp and save on top talent like Antony. Because again for the people at the back…

NAME AN AVAILABLE LEFT FOOTED RW BETTER THAN HIM WE COULD SIGN?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Richarlison €71m
Raphinha €65m
Antony €67m

Richarlison is right footed but I get your point.

I think it’s where we are at in the market there’s no one else of his talent level and age worth pursuing.
The only RW Raphinha wanted Barcelona only. So we’ve had no realistic alternative.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If he's the best option and available now, then why not buy him? It's about time we push through deals where we are convinced by a player. Liverpool did it with Nunez. City so it all the time. The alternative is we wait a year, he's still the best option, then we sign him. What's the point in that? He might star at the WC and end up with interest from all the top clubs.

All I'll say is, if we are convinced he's the guy we need, which it seems we are, then let's get it done. I can't think of another left footed RW that is in the equation right now? Happy to be reminded if I'm forgetting somebody.

Mainoldo

I’m more worried about the current state of our squad and our prospects over the next 3 years than much further in the future.

We are not in the position where we have a strong hand negotiating we have lost our opening 2 games bottom of the league about to play our fiercest rivals and haven’t made a marquee signing yet to excite fans as per the glazer policy.

We don’t have the power to scrimp and save on top talent like Antony. Because again for the people at the back…

NAME AN AVAILABLE LEFT FOOTED RW BETTER THAN HIM WE COULD SIGN?
Pedro Neto

TheReligion

Abusive
And? Even if you use the PL factor we are hardly being taken to the cleaners. Antony keeps them out of the National side and has been playing champions league football.

Just more dramatic posting on the Caf. You want the player you pay the fee.

Irwin99

I would have thought a natural number 9 or a top class midfielder would be the priority but it's also true that our attack does look very flat and devoid of a spark (we're only two games in mind).

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
The new Ajax Tier 1 has it at more likely that Ajax will upgrade his contract(not length probably) than that they will accept 80m.

Stacks

It’s more that he can be heavily involved in build up and get us into the box on the regular for me.

Of course the skills help just from a bums off seats experience.

I don’t think it’s realistic for us to get that

Name me a single left footed RW who would be better suited to Ten Hag?

The price is the price of our own incompetence. But he’s quality.
I reserve judgement until I see him at a higher level. He was 20th top scorer in a league where our rejects go there and tear it up.

80m on him wow.... Thats equivalent on 80m for Harry. Never give all the power to the manager when it comes to signing players. He just went for targets he had worked with previously and we are grossly overpaying for them...
Its Sancho territory. This is the result of lacking a solid recruitment team. Its just "over to you gaffer".
Just sign him. It'll be great to have an actual RW. We won't pay so much that is scuppers our ability to sign a CM so I wouldn't worry about it
Hope not. We prioritise the wrong areas first.

As good as I think he is, it still scares me that Bergwijn, who couldn’t hack it at Spurs went back to Ajax and looks class there.
Virtually everyone does.
Bergwijn also looks class at the Dutch NT. So it might not be that he couldn't hack it in the PL, but just not at Spurs for whatever reason
Depay looked class for the Dutch national team. Bergwijn had 3 whole seasons of nothingness. Its hard to predict their true level for this reason

Mainoldo

And? Even if you use the PL factor we are hardly being taken to the cleaners. Antony keeps them out of the National side and has been playing champions league football.

Just more dramatic posting on the Caf. You want the player you pay the fee.
People are really nervous aren’t they now. Who does he keep out? He’s rotated with Raphinha and neither are a starter. Richarlison is more in the team than both of them. Jesus will be pushing through now aswell.

It’s not dramatic posting the fee is just irrational.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The only way I believe this is if a takeover is at a advanced stage. Otherwise I don't believe anything.

The Glazers aren't going to finance a rebuild and it's clear to see. The only hope is a takeover.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think we should offer more silly money to Ajax. We've given them plenty. It's not as if he's a guaranteed superstar in the making, which is the money they are allegedly asking for.

Mainoldo

Plays more on the left, doesn't he? Also, he's not got the goalscoring ability of Antony, in my opinion. Which is the main point of inverted wingers. Good player, no doubt. But different to Antony and surely would cost a lot too.
Disagree with the goal scoring. They score at a similar rate. Yeah he does play on the left but is left footed and has played on the right often.

TheReligion

Abusive
People are really nervous aren’t they now. Who does he keep out? He’s rotated with Raphinha and neither are a starter. Richarlison is more in the team than both of them. Jesus will be pushing through now aswell.

It’s not dramatic posting the fee is just irrational.
Its irrational to hear the fee and to start worrying or complaining it’s too much.

It’s not really and even if it is then it’s a very slight overpay as evidenced in the current market.

Mainoldo

Its irrational to hear the fee and to start worrying or complaining it’s too much.

It’s not really and even if it is then it’s a very slight overpay as evidenced in the current market.
When we spend that money and only sign one CM we will see how irrational it is.

The money could be spent far better and I don’t care if it’s his number 1 target this is why we should have scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.