Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I think the positive aspect is we can have inverted wingers on both sides like ETH prefers. Sancho on left and Anthony on right. Allow the full backs to overlap.
Which is why RB desperately needs upgrading, because whoever plays on that side is automatically handicapped because they're having to work with AWB and Dalot, who are miles off what we need.

Shark

@NotShark
I honestly think he could struggling in England much like Sancho has, or even worse Pepe :nervous:

Very excited about us signing him potentially though, because if he's a/ success he'll be sensational. It'll be fun.
We simply have to gamble, our current wingers are so poor aside from Sancho. We're desperate and if he turns out like Salah/Mane we'll be thankful we did.

Chief123

Which is why RB desperately needs upgrading, because whoever plays on that side is automatically handicapped because they're having to work with AWB and Dalot, who are miles off what we need.
Reports increasing about Sergio dest. Not seen him play much. Not sure how good he is.

I’m certain we will have a right back in before the window closes. No way ETH will be happy with what he’s seen of Dalot.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Genuinely feel like we just something fresh out on the wings. Rashford has played within himself for 2 years. Sancho has no explosiveness and Elanga is just very average. Anybody we sign could potentially be a flop. We need to take the risk.

Chief123

We simply have to gamble, our current wingers are so poor aside from Sancho. We're desperate and if he turns out like Salah/Mane we'll be thankful we did.
Yep pretty much this.

We’ve looked so bad in the first couple of games that it would just be criminal and suicidal to think it would suddenly improve. Rashford can’t complain he’s not been given chances to shine. He’s shown zero improvement. I honestly wasn’t overly impressed with Rashford in pre season either. A lot of the usual mistakes but he was able to get away with a couple of tap ins.

We’ve had so many gambles in the past, if there was ever a gamble needed it’s now.

Dannn411

Joel and Avram saw relegation staring them in the face and opened the chequebooks immediately. Absolutely crazy.

Witchking

Mad mad mad money. Anyone who says we've not backed Ten Hag is full of shite to be honest.
Says you who has not yet realized that he may get what he wanted only after 2 thrashings in the league and after major backlash in the media and from the fans with Liverpool being the next team to trash United. Sulk somewhere else.

Chairman Steve

ETH is REALLY determined to get him isn’t he? :eek: To be fair, I can see Antony fitting in at a Klopp Liverpool team and being a hit.

3vra

Throw VDB Chong Lindelof/Bailly, AWB and Amad on loan there and everyone wins

theklr

Well, have to somewhat applaud Arnold & Co after FDJ miss, they put their money up and backs the manager .

saik

ETH is REALLY determined to get him isn’t he? :eek: To be fair, I can see Antony fitting in at a Klopp Liverpool team and being a hit.
See this is where our recruitment department fails us. We knew ETH was coming to us, we could have made plans to sign his targets way in advance rather than waiting until ETH came to Manchester. We definitely would have gotten Antony for lot cheaper if we went in before the last season ended. Ajax don't want to sell now because half their squad was ripped apart and that's why you see these crazy valuations.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Reports increasing about Sergio dest. Not seen him play much. Not sure how good he is.

I’m certain we will have a right back in before the window closes. No way ETH will be happy with what he’s seen of Dalot.
I like Dest. Called it at start of window. Not a great defender but agile as hell on the ball.

Superunknown

I'm not entirely sold on this potential transfer, but that's more about me not knowing enough at the player.

Chances are that we'll be playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, or some sort of variation on that. Where exactly does Antony fit in with this and where will he be most effective? I'm slightly dubious of a front three of Antony - Ronaldo - Sancho having enough goals in it. (maybe enough isn't the right word, but an impressive total, I mean)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I fancy Antony as a good option for the right wing with a very high potential ceiling... but I'm not sure I fancy him to the tune of €100m.

cyberman

See this is where our recruitment department fails us. We knew ETH was coming to us, we could have made plans to sign his targets way in advance rather than waiting until ETH came to Manchester. We definitely would have gotten Antony for lot cheaper if we went in before the last season ended. Ajax don't want to sell now because half their squad was ripped apart and that's why you see these crazy valuations.
Bit of a meme this. We were in pretty early for Martinez and he cost us a fortune

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Hes meant to be really really shit. Makes Dalot looks like Maldini according to some posters here.

My friend watches a lot of US players and laughed endlessly when we were linked to him.

Barca themselves if Im not mistaken play a CB ahead of him at RB because hes shit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
100m is surely not correct? I would imagine 80m including bonuses.

Anyways, couldn't give a feck. CHOO CHOO

Chief123

I fancy Antony as a good option for the right wing with a very high potential ceiling... but I'm not sure I fancy him to the tune of €100m.
Tbh I’m well past the point of even caring how much we pay for a player. Any excess funds would only end up in glazers pockets.

MinGin

Mad mad mad money. Anyone who says we've not backed Ten Hag is full of shite to be honest.
Then you should think about why those transfer news not happened before match start, the board thought their whole team of players were still good enough before got smash and believe ETH can turn around those players to a decent (After losing Pogba, Cavani etc.)

ReallyUSA

Ye obviously the premier league is an attracted proposition but I’m sure they’d wait for another prem club rather then jump at the chance to join us with the current mess that we’re in.
A lot of players have. However, this is a business, and we’ve been known to overpay players. So when push comes to shove, a lot of players are willing to risk it. Guys like AWB are set for life is they play their cards right, and he’ll probably never get a big club again.

Status
Not open for further replies.