Antony Santos

LuckyScout78

I am impress of Ajax recruiting team. They just sold a really good left foot rw in Hakim Ziyech. And in this summer they just bought a really talent left foot winger from Brazil. Buy with low price and sell for the double. Like i have said before. Each new year. Each new really quality talent coming and rising up.

Anthony Santos. Born in 2000. Looks like a really special talent. He has something extra ordinary. They way he control the ball with his left foot. If he keep working hard, have the right focus. Focus most on peoples. Not about the temptations of life. His potential is huge. Here is a video clip of him:

Like i have said. I m impress of Ajax. As a scout. Would be a dream to be a part of this scouting team. Lately club like Red Bull Salzburg have rise up. But Ajax from the time of Zlatan. Theirs name belong to the top in scouting. Not only in getting talent, but in development too. Like DVBeek. Looks how smart and great football head and vision he has. Like the flick assist. It just show his level of orientation of his teammates, before he receive the ball. This is ability i rate really high. You always know where you get your teammates. Make it easy to play one touch football. This is the difference between the top and the next best. Football head and vision. Football intelligence on top level. And the reason why the sentence ”it’s a pleasure watching playing football “. Like i said earlier about DVB. The boy know how to play football. Know when to play one touch, when you play long and trough ball and when to dribble and beat players.

So back to Anthony Santos. He is a bit flashy player. Love to have the ball at his feet, love to dribble. But if the Ajax coach and team him to play effective football. When you have to pass the ball. Then this boy can turn out to be really good. As right winger.

Last year you have Dejan Kulusevski rising for Parma on loan from Juventus. This year can be Anthony Santos. Two really good left foot right winger. And not the last. New really quality wingers, attacking and football talent players always rising up. Each year. It is not the end of the day. If United don’t get Sancho. There are might more than Sancho, Kulusevski and Anthony out there. 3 top young RW.
So Anthony Santos is definitely one to watch out and follow.

In the end. Football skills is not the highest rate ability. It’s your football head and vision. And mentality. 100% dedicated and focus. Are the highest rate ability. Top talent, but still grounded. So some advisers for football youngsters out there. If you move your focus from football to others things in life. Then it will naturally take the focus and energy from football. So hard work and right focus are two really heavy factors. Behind a successful football player ;)

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
unbelievable player. no idea how we got him.

here's some of his moments from our most recent match (a very intense match against Vitesse)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m gonna need him to help ensure that there is a goal in each half in the match with Groningen later.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This kid is a great talent. Will be one of the best right-flank players in a couple of years.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Looks good, like Neymar or maybe Robinho(prime). Would be a good alternative for Sancho, as we still need to improve on our wide right attack position if Greenwood isn’t getting gametime.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Looks good, like Neymar or maybe Robinho(prime). Would be a good alternative for Sancho, as we still need to improve on our wide right attack position if Greenwood isn’t getting gametime.
I actually felt he was more a Richarlison type. More hardworking than the other names mentioned (Robinho, Neymar, Sancho). Could be a great option.

AsonUnique

I actually felt he was more a Richarlison type. More hardworking than the other names mentioned (Robinho, Neymar, Sancho). Could be a great option.
Looks a bit like Richarlison in appearance too. Really like this guy, seems great on the ball and very quick. A player like this on the right would open up our attack so much. Hopefully Diallo or Pellestri develop into that if we don't go for a first 11 player on the right in the meantime. Curious if Dortmund will loosen their stance on Sancho this winter or next summer or even if we would still pursue him. If not would be interested in this guy or Sarr.

EtH

Not sure if this is too much of a bump but this guy looks a player. First time I’ve watched him in a while. But the fella has real attitude and determination and looks to have the quality to back it.

Bit surprised looking at last year’s stats as they aren’t that impressive but looks to have started very well this season. Curious what Ajax fans or those who watch him regularly think of him and his progression / potential.

Foxbatt

Not sure if this is too much of a bump but this guy looks a player. First time I’ve watched him in a while. But the fella has real attitude and determination and looks to have the quality to back it.

Bit surprised looking at last year’s stats as they aren’t that impressive but looks to have started very well this season. Curious what Ajax fans or those who watch him regularly think of him and his progression / potential.
I like the start up of this topic and the first posting. About the smart player DVBeek. I wonder where he is now and what is he doing now?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Been awesome in the CL, think he has like 6 assists? That is ridiculous. No full back would enjoy playing against someone with so much speed, hard work, technique and he has one of the best crosses curling inside I've seen in a long time. He gets it right almost every time.

Caesar2290

Was decent tonight, but lacked the end product.

I know we've been linked with him, but I still think he isn't ready for the PL.

I also noticed that he has a very fiery temper. By referee's mercy he got a yellow instead of a red in the 1st leg for a headbut, and he got himself in a small scrap today as well.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I am impress of Ajax recruiting team. They just sold a really good left foot rw in Hakim Ziyech. And in this summer they just bought a really talent left foot winger from Brazil. Buy with low price and sell for the double. Like i have said before. Each new year. Each new really quality talent coming and rising up.

Anthony Santos. Born in 2000. Looks like a really special talent. He has something extra ordinary. They way he control the ball with his left foot. If he keep working hard, have the right focus. Focus most on peoples. Not about the temptations of life. His potential is huge. Here is a video clip of him:

Like i have said. I m impress of Ajax. As a scout. Would be a dream to be a part of this scouting team. Lately club like Red Bull Salzburg have rise up. But Ajax from the time of Zlatan. Theirs name belong to the top in scouting. Not only in getting talent, but in development too. Like DVBeek. Looks how smart and great football head and vision he has. Like the flick assist. It just show his level of orientation of his teammates, before he receive the ball. This is ability i rate really high. You always know where you get your teammates. Make it easy to play one touch football. This is the difference between the top and the next best. Football head and vision. Football intelligence on top level. And the reason why the sentence ”it’s a pleasure watching playing football “. Like i said earlier about DVB. The boy know how to play football. Know when to play one touch, when you play long and trough ball and when to dribble and beat players.

So back to Anthony Santos. He is a bit flashy player. Love to have the ball at his feet, love to dribble. But if the Ajax coach and team him to play effective football. When you have to pass the ball. Then this boy can turn out to be really good. As right winger.

Last year you have Dejan Kulusevski rising for Parma on loan from Juventus. This year can be Anthony Santos. Two really good left foot right winger. And not the last. New really quality wingers, attacking and football talent players always rising up. Each year. It is not the end of the day. If United don’t get Sancho. There are might more than Sancho, Kulusevski and Anthony out there. 3 top young RW.
So Anthony Santos is definitely one to watch out and follow.

In the end. Football skills is not the highest rate ability. It’s your football head and vision. And mentality. 100% dedicated and focus. Are the highest rate ability. Top talent, but still grounded. So some advisers for football youngsters out there. If you move your focus from football to others things in life. Then it will naturally take the focus and energy from football. So hard work and right focus are two really heavy factors. Behind a successful football player ;)
We should have got this guy, he sounds amazing!

Donut

unbelievable player. no idea how we got him.

here's some of his moments from our most recent match (a very intense match against Vitesse)

He looks like our Antony in this clip, the only difference is he was full of confidence and he was playing against a much much lower level of opposition.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
:lol:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Two things spring to mind. He was given so much more space and time by opposition players in those videos, the quality in the prem has been too big of a learning curve for him, which leads me to his next point. His confidence looks shot to bits now comparing what he was pulling off in the video to what he's trying now.

Still young enough to come good mind, could do with a better set up maybe and competent playing style, but its a tough argument considering EtH was the one who brought him through at both clubs.

saik

Man, I could have sworn he used his right foot when he was at Ajax and that clip above shows he did use it from time to time. He even scored a goal with his right foot!

I have zero no clue why he refuses to use it now. Coaching to blame? I don't even know. He absolutely sucks at the moment and I was so excited when we signed him. That performance against Forest I couldn't even try to defend him. I would even go as far as saying that he's regressed after signing for us.

RVN1991

The level of defending in that video would make pub league players blush

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This kid is really going places... Not United.. But places..
Been awesome in the CL, think he has like 6 assists? That is ridiculous. No full back would enjoy playing against someone with so much speed, hard work, technique and he has one of the best crosses curling inside I've seen in a long time. He gets it right almost every time.
What the feck happened lads?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s been a naughty boy off the pitch. PL is way harder. Way more scrutiny. Worse team playing against betterr opposition. Huge transfer fee. A perfect storm if you will. I still think he can come good. There were some signs before the Forrest game. It’s not always linear. I hoped he’d be a different animal this season but everyone is looking like they are playing in quicksand. He’s been a moments player being kind, Barca, Arsenal (of which there are far too few for his fee and wages) His confidence looks shot. There’s no chemistry there this season at all between any of our players

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Man, I could have sworn he used his right foot when he was at Ajax and that clip above shows he did use it from time to time. He even scored a goal with his right foot!

I have zero no clue why he refuses to use it now. Coaching to blame? I don't even know. He absolutely sucks at the moment and I was so excited when we signed him. That performance against Forest I couldn't even try to defend him. I would even go as far as saying that he's regressed after signing for us.
Lack of confidence now that he’s not up to scratch physically for this league.

saik

Lack of confidence now that he’s not up to scratch physically for this league.
Regarding the physicality, he still has games where he goes past his fullback but then absolutely refuses to use his right foot to put a cutback in. I agree he lacks confidence but probably due to other factors than not being physically fit for the league.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
What the feck happened lads?
Haven't got a clue mate, I've watched every game Antony played at Ajax and though he wasnt worth 100 million, thought he was a terrific player. Sure the standard of competition wasn't great, but I would always put him in the same sphere of top players Ive seen at Ajax recent years. I do believe that Ajax under Erik ten Hag were playing some wonderful football, close to the very best in the world. Lack of experience and bad luck limited them to just one wonder season in Europe, but the quality of football was outstanding.

What people sometimes forget is that Ajax already had Neres, a huge talent. Two-footed, skillful, unpredictable, quick, agile, creative, and he has been doing very well for Benfica when fit. Neres was a fan favorite at Ajax, a bit raw but the talent was clear. Then later we added Antony, who had to compete for the same position, because Tadic played at LW. Antony really proved himself to overtake Neres in the picking order, by showing great balance in performance both defensively but also in the offensive department. He originally isn''t a winger but rather a wide midfielder, with great acceleration and trickery. If I had to class some of the best players in recent years at Ajax;

Frenkie de Jong, Matthijs de Ligt, Tadic, Ziyech, Martinez being the absolute best.
Neres, Antony, Kudus, Mazraoui, Blind, Onana, Donny van de Beek, Timber, Tagliafico just under.

At United it can now be said, that it's a flop. I feel like Antony was much better last season than this season, he is progressively getting worse. His confidence is completely shot, nothing is working for him in terms of output. He should have had a few assists maybe to boost some of his confidence, but then they are missed. His main strength is ofcourse his press resistence, good in tight situations, defensive workrate. Sometimes I do think he does great things on the pitch, and we do look a lot more balanced with him but it is ofcourse not enough. It is not enough to be a defensive winger.

We shouldn't forget what he's gone through earlier this season, I can imagine it has had much of an impact of him. I can't see him turning it around at United though, I can't see him pulling himself out of this negative spiral, nor would he be the first player to keep getting worse whilst at Man United.

Personally, I am a huge fan of Amad Diallo who has every ability to be better than Antony, so guess it isn't a huge problem for the club.

Last edited: