Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kps88

How would he fit into Liverpool? He'd be fighting with Salah to get a starting spot on the right.

Mainoldo

I hope not
I did say at the start don’t be surprised. It wouldn’t be the first time. I mean Ryan Giggs is in the stands like nothing happened recently.

No one says a word on it. But not my business.

Teja

How would he fit into Liverpool? He'd be fighting with Salah to get a starting spot on the right.
They'll probably get rid of Salah - one year left on his contract and is past 30.

They're basically binning a club legend because of their transfer principles. Might or might not end well for them but I respect the financial discipline very much.

Artimities

Watch the ajax players tribute video to ETH..
The smile and subtle body language. He may end up coming as a backup if other targets fall thru

Hughie77

Something tells, me were not getting him , not this season anyway.
ETH, does he want to rip Ajax up by signing thus one that one from there. We may get 1 player from Ajax, imo I think its a defender.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
ETH, does he want to rip Ajax up by signing thus one that one from there. We may get 1 player from Ajax, imo I think its a defender.
Very interesting use of commas here.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Apparently his agent has told clubs that he is looking to leave. So if its not us then someone else will sign him

AussieDevil

Hopefully a case of one Tony In and another Tony out.
I wonder if Ajax and Martial himself would agree to a straight swap with Antony coming this way. I’d even add an extra 5-10m on top of Martial if that’s what it took.

I’m not fully convinced of Antony but if was a deal that didn’t affect our budget too much than it would be worth a punt.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I wonder if Ajax and Martial himself would agree to a straight swap with Antony coming this way. I’d even add an extra 5-10m on top of Martial if that’s what it took.

I’m not fully convinced of Antony but if was a deal that didn’t affect our budget too much than it would be worth a punt.
There is no way Ajax could afford Martial wages.

Their highest paid players are Haller and Tadic, who is on around 60k per week. Martial is on 250k.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Who are we signing?
Amar?
Akbar?
Antonnnnyyyy

Sorry, had to get that out. I was bursting.

bosskeano

Nailed on to go to Liverpool if Salah leaves.
i think Mane would leave before Salah however they just signed the kid from Fulham who plays up top. Klopp already stated he's going to be with the first team next season

We HAVE to bring a left footed winger this summer

Thoms

Supports
Ajax

We wont. Have you seen Martial play in Spain? He's piss poor.

We will sell Antony for around 50/60M this summer.

Telsim

I will be disappointed and quite puzzled if we don't get this done. Who is going to play RW next season?

LoneStar

I think we will be focusing on defence and midfield this summer. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t sign anyone and use Bruno and the kids to cover RW for the season. We would be in a bit of trouble if Ronaldo had any long term injury though.

CraftySoAndSo

I've seen posts wondering if we're going 3 at the back next season and i'm starting to think that might be the case. There's not a lot of quality right midfielders on the market right now and we seem to have switched our attention elsewhere.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
RW was a priority last year and we signed a LW. Since then we’ve also very likely lost Greenwood. So I don’t see how it isn’t a priority next season. We literally have Sancho, Ronaldo, rashford and Elanga. That’s it. And there are huge question marks over the quality of Elanga at this level and whatever is going on with rashford. We definitely need 2 attacking players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Most people on here have barely watched this Antony play. He's had one half decent season in a very poor league and suddenly he's our RW solution?

Having watched a fair bit of his highlights you can see him being incredibly frustrating and his playacting is on a different level.

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.