Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

Liverpool like this guy and I’m guessing he would be the replacement of Salah leaves with the whole contract issues.

we all know how good liverpool Have been with wingers over recent years. We should be all over this guy.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Considering Sancho’s history of starting the season slowly, could you imagine this very average looking attack after the first 6 games? People would go berserk!
Yep mate. Sancho / Ronaldo / Rashford it is.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
LVG had Depay in his World Cup side before he came to Utd so he would have had a good idea about him but It didn’t really make too much difference so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to this .
You can’t compare international football with club’s football. How often you meet with the player in international football in comparison to club’s football?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I can't stop reading his name in Carmela Soprano's voice.

Bondi77

You can’t compare international football with club’s football. How often you meet with the player in international football in comparison to club’s football?
When a team makes the World Cup semi final I think the manager will have a fair idea if he would want a player that he has had in camp for a sustained period of time at a club he was coaching or not.
We are not talking about the odd friendly game here!

Andrew7582

He looks a bit too similar to Sancho for me, very technical but not very fast, and more of a playmaker than a goalscorer. I'm not sure that this is the profile of winger we should go for, would prefer someone with more speed and a knack for scoring goals. I've not seen much of him though so i'll trust Ten Hag's judgement on this if it happens.

Chief123

He looks a bit too similar to Sancho for me, very technical but not very fast, and more of a playmaker than a goalscorer. I'm not sure that this is the profile of winger we should go for, would prefer someone with more speed and a knack for scoring goals. I've not seen much of him though so i'll trust Ten Hag's judgement on this if it happens.
I’ve seen him play I’d say about 10 times. He’s certainly not slow. He’s rapid.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've not seen much of him but from what I saw he seems quite immature/petulant and a bit Neymar-ish in that respect. Is that accurate?

DWelbz19

He's quicker than Sancho. His pace is one of his biggest assets.

DWelbz19

I've not seen much of him but from what I saw he seems quite immature/petulant and a bit Neymar-ish in that respect. Is that accurate?
He's a bit of a shithouse and he'll dive and playact to get wins. Like someone mentioned in this thread, pretty much everyone in Netherlands apart from Ajax fans dislike him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He doesn't look rapid to me, he's about the same as Sancho i'd say.
He’s certainly faster than Sancho, although I do understand and kind of share your sentiment regarding a goalscorer being more ideal. There is only one ball on the pitch after all. Although I do think Antony will improve his numbers in the next couple of years.

Adeyemi deal still not done with Dortmund, and he or Nkunku are more prolific alternatives for the role.

DWelbz19

One of whom is right footed and the other is an actual striker. Let’s be serious and get an actual right winger for once.

Andrew7582

He's quicker than Sancho. His pace is one of his biggest assets.
He’s certainly faster than Sancho, although I do understand and kind of share your sentiment regarding a goalscorer being more ideal. There is only one ball on the pitch after all. Although I do think Antony will improve his numbers in the next couple of years.

Adeyemi deal still not done with Dortmund, and he or Nkunku are more prolific alternatives for the role.
Fair enough, if we end up signing him then I hope i'm wrong and you guys are right. I do maintain that a more prolific goalscorer on the right hand side would provide a better balance for the team. The two players Rozay mentioned are good options, Adeyemi in particular being left footed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
When a team makes the World Cup semi final I think the manager will have a fair idea if he would want a player that he has had in camp for a sustained period of time at a club he was coaching or not.
We are not talking about the odd friendly game here!
Clearly not because if it was the case, then he should have get Memphis instead of Di Maria in his first season. It tells us that Memphis wasn’t even his first choice of player he wanted.

ti vu

Fair enough, if we end up signing him then I hope i'm wrong and you guys are right. I do maintain that a more prolific goalscorer on the right hand side would provide a better balance for the team. The two players Rozay mentioned are good options, Adeyemi in particular being left footed.
Depends on a lot of different thing for that balance.

Most recent rumor has that Ronaldo likely stays for at least another year. Even with new striker, that means we need provider more than finisher. If ETH can have Haller whose game outside of goal poaching is not all that firing, then you can see where this heading with having both ETH and Antony.

Nkunku is prolific with end product right now, however he is not out and out wide player. Coming to PL and a change in system in a team still work in progress in identity building, it's still far from guarantee similar return in term of end product.

Adeyemi is my preferred signing if we have to choose only one. He can play one the left as well as CF. He'a basically Greenwood replacement. If we can afford 2, then Antony is my next preferred signing.

Antony is electric in tight space. Crazy change of pace and direction, from stand still to full speed. Not as fast in longer sprint like pre injured Rashford, but still faster than Sancho from what I have seen from both.

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hi,

Some unreliable sources linking us with Antony over the course of the past few days, but the story has been quietly chugging along for weeks and gaining traction. Looks a handy enough player in the limited bits I have seen of him. Also looks like a bit of a cnut. Got sent off today in the 3-2 win over Feyenoord, just after scoring the winner.

Antony Matheus dos Santos, simply known as Antony, is a Brazilian professional football player who plays as a right winger for Eredivisie club Ajax and the Brazil national team. Wikipedia
Born: February 24, 2000 (age 22 years), Osasco, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Height: 1.74 m
Weight: 63 kg
Nationality: Brazilian
Current teams: AFC Ajax (#11 / Forward), Brazil national football team (Forward), Brazil

YearMatchesGoalsAssistsYellowRed
2021-22238441
2020-21329820
UEFA Champions League
YearMatchesGoalsYellowRed
2021-227210
2020-214100

We have a few Ajax fans on the 'caf - will this guy be able to make the step up to a bigger league? Now or in a few years? Could he do a job for us? Any improvement on our Antony? :)
Why did you leave out assists for the Champions League?

Bondi77

Clearly not because if it was the case, then he should have get Memphis instead of Di Maria in his first season. It tells us that Memphis wasn’t even his first choice of player he wanted.
So if ETH came to Utd and the board said to him he could have Antony or Chiesa and he chose the obvious one....would that mean he never wanted Antony?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I can't think of many wingers faster than him. He is extremely rapid and has insane acceleration. He wins second balls very easily and he often literally whips the ball past full backs and beats them on sheer speed.

I see the myth that Sancho isn't really fast hasnt died too by the way. That Mata comparison must be alive and breathing as well.

Okey

Sounds like a no brainer to get him and Mazraoui if we get ETH. Assuming he actually wants them. Though it would be beyond curious if he didn't. We need to sign a manager first. And fast!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So if ETH came to Utd and the board said to him he could have Antony or Chiesa and he chose the obvious one....would that mean he never wanted Antony?
Clearly the report already says ‘’he will be interested in signing Antony’’. He’s interested because he has level of confidence in the player. Why? Because he has worked with the player for 2 full seasons meaning he knows well about the player’s attitude and talent. Somehow, you think this is the same as LVG who only worked with Memphis for only 2-3 months period in international team. To be honest, I wouldn’t exactly know much about my new college at work if I only had work with the guy for 2-3 months especially in comparison to 2 seasons.

RedDevilRoshi

This guy & Ryan Gravenberch are the x2 Ajax players I’d take in a heartbeat here.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Unlike most, I've only seen Antony for Brazilian youth teams than at Ajax. Three players impressed me most for them: Martinelli, Antony and Matheus Henrique.

I'm not surprised Martinelli is tearing it up at Arsenal and I expect Antony to do the same when he joins a top team after a period of settling.

The problem is Matheus Henrique. He worked as hard off the ball as Herrera, was nearly as press resistant as Arthur, but is struggling at Sassuolo. I still think there's a top player in there like the aforementioned two.

Rocknrolla69er

What's his professionalism and attitude like?

The most important factor for me on any new signings.

Looks like Mahrez in style, and will mature with decision making under a good coach. Be good to have an outlet like him in the right

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That mazraoui dude aint bad. He would improve us 100% compared to the choices we have now
True, but I guess it would really take Ten Hag to go for him. Mazraoui is almost like the stylistic opposite of AWB. Manchester United thought that AWB was the best RB to get not too long ago.

It's either that the data analytics department is useless or the club uses completely terrible metrics to sign players.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
True, but I guess it would really take Ten Hag to go for him. Mazraoui is almost like the stylistic opposite of AWB. Manchester United thought that AWB was the best RB to get not too long ago.

It's either that the data analytics department is useless or the club uses completely terrible metrics to sign players.
Or the club keeps changing managers, each looking for different attributes.

LuckyScout78

Only with Ten Hag coming and. Ten Hag + Antony + a world class nr.8 too.

Even GOAT Ronaldo is struggling with MaticMcFred + behind him.

But isolate i do like and see the abilities of the boy.

But Raphinha is such a hard worker and aggresive. Beside Raphinha quickness and skills.

With Leeds and Bielsa 433 and K.Phillips behind him. Raphinha has done really well and its used to the tempo and way of premier league. The tempo and intensity.

Mentality of Raphinha. Winning and hard working mentality. Aggresiveness. I rate Raphinha really high there. Raphinha is not luxury player. But i do see his motivation might has drop a bit. When his team Leeds. keep loosing and loosing. Naturally and understandably. Playing for collective keep loosing. It does affect you as player and invidual.

Raphinha has doing without Ten Hag. A manager that shall know how to play 433. With a world class nr.8. A peak Scholes, Modric or Christian Eriksen. To link up with RW, Bruno, Sancho, Ronaldo/Rashford in the future. Every team need a main mind. Mind of the team. The architecture of the team. Link, bind, connect or whatever you call the relations beetween midfield and attack. The build up. Is most crucial.

If Ten Hag is thinking to taking over United or whoever manager. That person shall solve United midfield, more specific the role of the nr.8. Analyze United squad. Before he get appoint. To have advantage when it come to bring in new players.

United RW is weak too. But United nr.8 worse. Even with Ralf. Interim manager. He still use and trus McFred. Even agains Watford at home and against A.Madrid. Both matches no goals. It say a lot. Where United problem is.

But yeah. I do support vote for a new RW. I prefer Raphina.
And about Amad Diallo. I think is not ready yet. Diallo is really fast and skillful too. But Diallo is lacking of Raphinha mentality, aggressiveness. Then engine, guts and drive. Raphinha is not level higher than Diallo now.
You can easily see the energy of Raphinha. Trough his hard work and his movement on the pitch.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
His videos give me the impression that like Depay, he’d struggle with the physicality and closer marking in the prem, and he’s not even built like the tank Memphis is.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His videos give me the impression that like Depay, he’d struggle with the physicality and closer marking in the prem, and he’s not even built like the tank Memphis is.
The tank that Depay is built like was a large part of his problems.

Vapor trail

Keep hearing he's vastly overrated from reputable viewers. If the club is in the market for such a player surely Raphina is the better alternative. Feel that one of the most sought after from the Dutch league should be Gakpo he's having a fantastic season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Or the club keeps changing managers, each looking for different attributes.
It was reported that AWB and Maguire topped the lists where numerous players in their positions were analysed right?

Bondi77

Clearly the report already says ‘’he will be interested in signing Antony’’. He’s interested because he has level of confidence in the player. Why? Because he has worked with the player for 2 full seasons meaning he knows well about the player’s attitude and talent. Somehow, you think this is the same as LVG who only worked with Memphis for only 2-3 months period in international team. To be honest, I wouldn’t exactly know much about my new college at work if I only had work with the guy for 2-3 months especially in comparison to 2 seasons.
I would like to think our new manager does not need two seasons instead of three months to work out if a player is suited to be at Utd or not

Status
Not open for further replies.