Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Hi,

Some unreliable sources linking us with Antony over the course of the past few days, but the story has been quietly chugging along for weeks and gaining traction. Looks a handy enough player in the limited bits I have seen of him. Also looks like a bit of a cnut. Got sent off today in the 3-2 win over Feyenoord, just after scoring the winner.

Antony Matheus dos Santos, simply known as Antony, is a Brazilian professional football player who plays as a right winger for Eredivisie club Ajax and the Brazil national team. Wikipedia
Born: February 24, 2000 (age 22 years), Osasco, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Height: 1.74 m
Weight: 63 kg
Nationality: Brazilian
Current teams: AFC Ajax (#11 / Forward), Brazil national football team (Forward), Brazil

YearMatchesGoalsAssistsYellowRed
2021-22238441
2020-21329820
UEFA Champions League
YearMatchesGoalsYellowRed
2021-227210
2020-214100

We have a few Ajax fans on the 'caf - will this guy be able to make the step up to a bigger league? Now or in a few years? Could he do a job for us? Any improvement on our Antony? :)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Had abit of a up-and-down performance today but ended up scoring the winner and getting sent off. Personally, going off the YT compilation he looks like a extremely agile, silky and exciting player.
Looks similar to Mahrez and Raphina.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His end product numbers are not very impressive considering his team and league.
We’ve had and have plenty of end product kings who fail to actually pass the eye test most times. I’d take the inverse for once.

Classical Mechanic

We’ve had and have plenty of end product kings who fail to actually pass the eye test most times. I’d take the inverse for once.
Sounds like reverse logic. I'm only looking at the basic numbers. I don't know if he's going really close and missing or that his team mates are not finishing good chances that he creates but look at what Tadic has produced in Holland as a comparison.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we get Ten Hag, may be we should sign this guy and Mazraoui. Both have played together for so many times and being coached to play together. Would only cost 45m-50m to solve the right back and right winger problem since Mazraoui is free signing.

Jibbs

Between him and Raphinha I prefer Raphinha, PL proven, fast and direct, had great chemistry with Bruno at Sporting.

United in sin

Between him and Raphinha I prefer Raphinha, PL proven, fast and direct, had great chemistry with Bruno at Sporting.
I thought we should've been all over Raphina before Leeds signed him after we ignored their overtures for Daniel fecking James. I can't see Raphina joining us now, other big clubs are sniffing around and I see Barcelona making a move to replace Dembele.

Antony looks promising but I hope he's not just a flash in a pan who looks good under Ten Hag in a slower league. His numbers have been decent, not astronomical or special considering the amount of game time he gets in a very dominant Ajax side.

David Neres for example looked great for a few seasons and declined sharply before his move to Shakhtar. It might be wise to see how Antony progresses but he'd be a welcome addition on the cheap

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hope I’m wrong on him!
He might frustrate for a bit due to his show boating, but the hope is that he'll become a more effective player as he matures. Still only 22.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
an actual right winger ?!? we will probably play him on the left

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Fans of every club bar Ajax absolutely hate him. Makes me slightly want him.
This is kind of how I feel about him also. His numbers arent world-beating or anything though. Still, just him and a striker and we'd be sorted for front three at least ?

Mad how stacked we looked at the start of the season but now we need players for the frontline with Cavani/Greenwood/Martial all likely/hopefully fecking off.

macheda14

This is kind of how I feel about him also. His numbers arent world-beating or anything though. Still, just him and a striker and we'd be sorted for front three at least ?

Mad how stacked we looked at the start of the season but now we need players for the frontline with Cavani/Greenwood/Martial all likely/hopefully fecking off.
Every time we feel stacked we aren’t. When we bought VDB people though I midfield felt stacked with mcFred, Pogba, Bruno, Matic and VDB. Swiftly we realised we weren’t. The beginning of this season our attack looked stacked with Sancho, Rashford, Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood. No we’re left with only really Sancho and Elanga looking any good.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The positive thing about bringing a manager's former player is because the manager already knows about the player's attitude and talent. As reference: ETH actually used to work with Haller before so he knew how to fit Haller into his Ajax team easily when he bought him and he clearly had good reason why he wanted Haller. So if he wants Antony to join his ''new team'' then it's a no brainer IMO.

Mainoldo

The positive thing about bringing a manager's former player is because the manager already knows about the player's attitude and talent. As reference: ETH actually used to work with Haller before so he knew how to fit Haller into his Ajax team easily when he bought him and he clearly had good reason why he wanted Haller. So if he wants Antony to join his ''new team'' then it's a no brainer IMO.
I thought ETH didn’t want Haller and was upset about the signing. Knowing him just meant he could make it work.

Happy to be corrected though.

* Correction he was annoyed they bloody forgot to register him for the Europa league the fools :lol:

CM10

Encouraging. We're desperate for a right winger (again!)

BarstoolProphet

Only seen him in action once. Reminds me of a left-footed Nani with his skills and ability to annoy both other clubs supporters and his own.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

They're really average. If he was 25 I would think this was an absolutely ridiculous idea based on them. At 22 I'm willing to assume anyone looking to sign him has seen things that make them believe he will be capable of a lot more.

Jibbs

Sancho and Antony on both wings with a striker like Nkunku is a tasty proposition.

micmac

Sancho and Antony on both wings with a striker like Nkunku is a tasty proposition.
Considering Sancho’s history of starting the season slowly, could you imagine this very average looking attack after the first 6 games? People would go berserk!

NoPace

In theory those wingers with Bruno and Nkunku in attack in Rangnick's Red Bull 4-2-2-2 could be really devastating, if we bring in say Poch (or another pressing coach) and try to be a Red Bull team. Rashford could try to become Timo Werner and Elanga a pacier wide option. Might suit Diallo as a technical type cutting in winger too.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I know we need midfielders but honest to Christ. If we bring in ten Hag we need Antony. I would also bring in soon to be free agent Mazraoui. We have maybe the worst right side in our history and these two would fix it.

Tarrou

I'm not that convinced he's that good

but the last time we needed a right-winger we took about 6 years and then played him on the left, so I'd take it

Danish Wizard

Antony and Mazraoui, yes please.
We need a winger like him.
And he wouldn't cost the same amount of money as other options like Raphina etc.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm usually a big fan of Ajax players because I feel like they tend to turn out big over time.

However from the little I've seen of Anthony he isn't exactly wowing me that much.

Wouldn't be surprised if that turns out different over time though.

I'd say I'd be just happy with mazaroui on a free to help our RB position.

lenny_1248

Bruno Andrade from UOL was reporting that Ajax will ask for min €40M.

Bondi77

LVG had Depay in his World Cup side before he came to Utd so he would have had a good idea about him but It didn’t really make too much difference so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to this .

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Did not work that well with Lukaku/Mourinho! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.