Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Always find it’s all smoke and mirrors with tweets like that

L1nk

This AFC Ajax account needs to be banned on here
It would be like banning the aggregators of mufc news, it doesn't exactly post stories of its own making, just links to other articles of journalists and such, what would be the point of banning it?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This AFC Ajax account needs to be banned on here
What’s up with all these calls to ban this and that anyway? Seems childish to me. By all means, ignore if you wish.

Red_toad

Are people expecting us to sign the whole Ajax squad or something?
There have been many posters wanting proven poor premier league plays signed from Ajax as they look goodplauing for Ajax. Hopefully we’ll only target maybe 2 of their best players and raid their academy:D

NYAS

Get it done. The market is shite for players of his profile this summer and he has a higher ceiling than Raphinha.

Barthez

Just pay the dam money. We will lose out due to dithering no doubt

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We could really do with a left footed right winger. If he's the best one available then we should be interested.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Not seen a lot of him but his stats are really unimpressive for a team that dominates the league.

Rashford even last year had 11 goals and 9 assists (20 goal involvements in 37 games which is 0.54 pg), this year he is 0.24 in a much poorer team and he looks to have given up and be very poor, Antony has 0.53 last year and 0.52 this year so little improvement, from stats alone he doesn't even match Rashford's 3rd best season and he is in a lower league in a more dominating team.

What am I missing? Even on whoscored he isn't one of their top 4 players by performance rating (incase goals and assists don't tell the story)

noelyman

Not to be a smart ass but maybe watch him more and focus less on his stats. When did we start reducing players to only stats in columns and not relying on our eyes to judge exciting flair players? He's the kind who'd get bums off seats and entertain the crowd.

He plays as right sided forward (a position we've notoriously neglected for years) in an Ajax setup that our new manager created, and he's a baller. Easy to see why people would be excited at the prospect of him linking up with Ten Hag again.

Rashfords involvement's are irrelevant when he plays off the left and you don't need stats to tell you that Rashford's form has fallen off a cliff of late. I don't know what someone like Luis Nani's stats might be on whoscored if you could still check them from his pomp but I suspect they'd have been disappointing. Nonetheless I'd love to have prime Nani (for all that he frustrates) playing in our current side.

The stats should be the extra ammo for supporting a players merits, not the be all and end all IMHO.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Tbh, in comparison to Timber, it sounded like Ten Hag was more thinking to leave Antony alone, perhaps out of some sort of kindness to Ajax?!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He’s going to be 5 times the player Rashford will be over the next few years. I really hope we get him or even Richarlison or Raphina
Heard Raphinha has a 25m release clause if they get relegated. No brainer at that price.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not seen a lot of him but his stats are really unimpressive for a team that dominates the league.

Rashford even last year had 11 goals and 9 assists (20 goal involvements in 37 games which is 0.54 pg), this year he is 0.24 in a much poorer team and he looks to have given up and be very poor, Antony has 0.53 last year and 0.52 this year so little improvement, from stats alone he doesn't even match Rashford's 3rd best season and he is in a lower league in a more dominating team.

What am I missing? Even on whoscored he isn't one of their top 4 players by performance rating (incase goals and assists don't tell the story)
Yes, goals and assists don't tell the story and a +0.50 g/a involvement is fine anyway for a real winger that doesn't take any set pieces (no pens, no free kicks, dont think he takes our corners either).

Rashford used to be very good so it is no stick to beat him with, and he is more of a wing forward than winger as well.

bosskeano

Antony seems like a no brainer move by ETH as we've seen since Greenwood, we are badly missing a left footed attacking player

I'm not concerned by his stats but simply the fact that he has the 1v1 ability we are really missing right now in our forwards with rashford so badly out of form and the disappearance of the other 2 guys not named Sancho

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ajax don't do loans. No way would I sell them Amad. We could sell the Peliistri with a buy back clause though.
A left footed right winger whos a great young talent who could help replace Antony? i'm sure they'll be happy to take him on.

Caesar2290

A left footed right winger whos a great young talent who could help replace Antony? i'm sure they'll be happy to take him on.
As I've said. Ajax don't do loans just like we don't do release clauses no matter how desperate the situation is. It's their business model.

Feynoord is different though.

Status
Not open for further replies.