Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Like the sound of this link, sounds very logical, which is so not us!

Stacks

What are you really on about......those stats I listed were their league stats.
What exactly is your point, is it his goal return that worries you or is this argument just for the sake of it.
1) why did you not include all goals in all comps? Weird thing to do.
2) yes you know damn well my apprehension. We cannot just rely on Cristiano. We need multiple players getting near the 20+ mark if we want to challenge on all front. Ronaldo is gonna be 38 soon

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Could this Schone defend and provide some physicality/tackling?
You judge this on your own as his role wasn’t to offer physicality and tackling.

Depends on the system. If 18/19 is how ten hag wants to play then this is what you expect for his role.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
why is no one speaking of his injury? transfermarkt says 3 months

tjb

You judge this on your own as his role wasn’t to offer physicality and tackling.

Depends on the system. If 18/19 is how ten hag wants to play then this is what you expect for his role.
I don't think any manager can work the same exact system twice, plus there is a high chance that he used certain aspects of this system due to the players he had. For all you know he may adapt the system to accommodate Ronaldo

Bondi77

Sancho was signed for the left wing so I doubt he'll play on the right
No he was'nt, he was signed to be a RW as that was the problem position and from all the reports we had beforehand he could play on either wing.
The way it has worked out he is too slow to play on either wing in England unless he has a teammate near him so he can play one twos to get around his marker.....and that cost us 73mil!

Teja

How quick is this guy? An attack comprising of Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno is fairly below average in terms of pace. Need atleast one player who do damage on the counter.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How quick is this guy? An attack comprising of Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno is fairly below average in terms of pace. Need atleast one player who do damage on the counter.
He's quick enough mate, similar pace to a peak Franck Ribery imo, who was a fantastic player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I remember one Ajax fan said he is very quick, found one video on youtube where he looked very quick.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He does everything at breakneck speed whilst maintaining poise on the ball. Still only 22 and will get even better.

Rolaholic

How reliable is this?
€45m is probably a very decent amount.
Comes out of Brazil where it's claimed he's ETH no.1 attacking target this summer.

They also claim Ajax will likely reject it as they're looking for more money. They've been reported to have a 60m valuation on him.

Maybe a deal can be stuck in the middle, apparently sources close to him expect it to just be a matter of time before a deal gets closed

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Comes out of Brazil where it's claimed he's ETH no.1 attacking target this summer.

They also claim Ajax will likely reject it as they're looking for more money. They've been reported to have a 60m valuation on him.

Maybe a deal can be stuck in the middle
Yeah that sounds fair I guess.
The tweet is two days old. Quotes the same bullshit Brazilian source.
So no new developments?

Rolaholic

Between him and Sancho, would be a joy to have such skillful players on the wings. Would bring back some artistry to OT

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I love this type of player, that's what kids love and why they want to play Football.

Telsim

€60 million total is fine in a market as inflated as the current one. Pay up and get it done.

GL21

Exquisite touch it seems. Even in such a drab season as the one past it was a pleasure to watch sancho at times. Only fears with these type of players is consistency and the end product. Much better than what we have on the right so I'm in

Bojan Djordjic

Between him and Sancho, would be a joy to have such skillful players on the wings. Would bring back some artistry to OT
Love how smooth he is on the dribble. Has all the fundamentals you’d want speed, technique, dribbling and even off the ball running. Think he can make a leap and improve his output when we improve our team.

Would worry if he tried that little round the garden trick on some one like big Shane Duffy, that he’d be spinning around the air himself pretty quickly.

Idxomer

Doesn’t particularly look the case from the highlights I’ve watched.

I’d worry about him and Sancho as regular wide options. Plenty of skill, but hardly electric.
He looks quicker than Sancho to me, a bit stronger too.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The spin thingy that he pulls of annoys me to no end, it just doesn't seem to serve any purpose .

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Antony is very fast, Sancho's pace is severely underrated - he for instance has higher top speeds than Salah, Mané and probably every City attacking player bar Sterling.That being said, pace is probably the single most overrated attribute in modern football.

Status
Not open for further replies.