Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
figures....he scores today so they jack up his price another 10m
Not only that. He celebrated by pointing at the crowd and the Ajax logo. Nothing to indicate that he wants to leave, quite the opposite

Teja

So if Anthony is too expensive and Sesko looks a bit raw around the edges... who?
Anyone else running without Salah or is that fpl suicide?
Has to be more players like Diaz, Alvarez, Carvalho, Kulusevski etc floating about.

Winger / Inside forward is a pretty popular position and getting a decent rotation option and improving on Elanga shouldn't be that hard.

tob

Was a good game to watch. He wasn’t too involved. Bergwijn was more of a threat on the left when Ajax played better in the beginning. PSV looked in control for most of the game, but Antony had his moments later on. Took his goal well with a nice finish.

PSV seems to have a good team with some interesting players. Nice win for Ruud.

Chief123

Liverpool were linked earlier this summer, they could use him if they end up selling Firmino
I’m guessing it might be Chelsea considering they missed out on Raphina and need more forward reinforcements with Werner potentially leaving as well.

It would be strange for Antony to go to Liverpool now that Salah is staying. Antony and Salah mainly thrive in the same position. Liverpool would never pay that fee for a rotation player.

Mainoldo

Why are you so bothered about the price? You're not going to pay for him are you. The Glazers are. If ETH wants him who cares how much we pay for him? You would rather Liverpool get him because he is too expensive?
Accounts are accounts. Like it or not we have a budget.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Was a good game to watch. He wasn’t too involved. Bergwijn was more of a threat on the left when Ajax played better in the beginning. PSV looked in control for most of the game, but Antony had his moments later on. Took his goal well with a nice finish.

PSV seems to have a good team with some interesting players. Nice win for Ruud.
Yeah he didn't get up to much.

In the last friendly he was very involved but very wasteful though.
But these were his first two games since his ankle injury towards the end of last season so it shouldn't be surprising if it takes a few games to get back to full form.

Also I agree that PSV's team seemed to contain more quality based on yesterday's match, which is worrying.
I'd say we have quality in our front 3, but then behind that you have only true quality in Timber and potentially Taylor, and then Berghuis in flashes and Blind on the ball. That's not good enough though at all.
Kudus who came on has quality but I'm not sure he has it in him to play as a midfielder in an Ajax system.

Judas

Open to offers
Not only that. He celebrated by pointing at the crowd and the Ajax logo. Nothing to indicate that he wants to leave, quite the opposite
He was actually pointing at the logo he was wearing underneath the Ajax shirt, and it doesn't take a genius to know for certain he was wearing one of ours.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
@Ajaxsuarez

do you see him as a potential star player? Like potentially consistent? What stops this being neres for example in your opinion?

Crimson King

This isn't happening this window. There haven't been any real links since Ajax started asking for north of £50m.

I imagine we're still monitoring it, but have started sounding out other targets.

pascell

Players can still show respect to the club they play for and their fans but still want to leave said club.

He'd definitely jump at the chance of joining United should we have an offer accepted for him, that's just not happening this summer.

Ralph1386

This isn't happening this window. There haven't been any real links since Ajax started asking for north of £50m.

I imagine we're still monitoring it, but have started sounding out other targets.
I think we started getting linked to strikers because the club have moved on from him this summer. We might be back next year.

NoPace

Yeah he didn't get up to much.

In the last friendly he was very involved but very wasteful though.
But these were his first two games since his ankle injury towards the end of last season so it shouldn't be surprising if it takes a few games to get back to full form.

Also I agree that PSV's team seemed to contain more quality based on yesterday's match, which is worrying.
I'd say we have quality in our front 3, but then behind that you have only true quality in Timber and potentially Taylor, and then Berghuis in flashes and Blind on the ball. That's not good enough though at all.
Kudus who came on has quality but I'm not sure he has it in him to play as a midfielder in an Ajax system.
How did Sangare look? Still seems like a logical backup plan to De Jong based on what I've read.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he a bit too similar too Sancho? Ideally with Sancho being a hybrid playmaker / winger who is at his best when creating, I'd want someone explosive who is a goal threat on the right.

Redcy

How did Sangare look? Still seems like a logical backup plan to De Jong based on what I've read.
sangare maybe many things a replacement for de jong he is not.doesn’t have the ball carry or passing capability. If you add neves to him maybe, but it’s going to be costly to get them both in

Loony BoB

That's not really conflicting. We've not given up on signing him, but it depends on him handing in a transfer request which, if it will lower the price significantly, we will go for. Until that happens, the move is off the angenda. It's not in our hands at this particular stage.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

This doesn't look like a player that is trying to force a move to me. (Timestamped to his goal+celebration last saturday)

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax

This doesn't look like a player that is trying to force a move to me. (Timestamped to his goal+celebration last saturday)
Exactly my thoughts. I don't think he can force a move anyway. Whats he gonna do, refuse to play and then miss out on WC? Not really a choice. He will stay because he signed a 5 year deal and Ajax want to keep him now. At this stage the only way Ajax will be forced to sell, is when a ridiculous fee is paid.

croadyman

Will have to wait on this one and yes I know many of our fans won't want to hear that

Joeycha88

Unless Ajax lower their price this one is dead. Next summer we get him I believe

Blood Mage

I mean, is he really even that good? I wouldn't say he's much better than Pedro Neto at Wolves who'd likely be 15-20mil cheaper. He's certainly no Salah or Mahrez.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Not sure who the alternatives are.

Moussa Diaby is very good but very expensive.
Shift to other positions I think is the answer, for now have Martial, Rashford and Sancho as wingers. Rather wait for the right option then buying someone else.

jesperjaap

Musats confess I know very little about Antony to judge him as a player bar what I have heard and the comments seem to range from mustard to good but not special....but

I dont see why we should sign him as we are now. The fees beign mentioned when we STILL have signed a fricking midfielder and STILL need two and realistically we STILL need to make a striker signing irrespective of whether or not ROnaldo stays, it simply doesnt stack up.

If we were signign sAntony, we should have been at the very least loaning some other options out, I would say sellign a couple and that should have happened weeks ago. We may be weak and some of these players may nto play again, some are not ready, some are not good enough, some wouldnt be there best position....but lets not forget, options to play out wide CHong, Elanga, Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho, Amad, Pellestri, ROnaldo, Greenwood, Martial, Eriksen, Fernandes, Hannibal SHoetire.........thats a lot of options for the front four spots....how many of them can play up front.....four

Mwooyo

Not sure who the alternatives are.

Moussa Diaby is very good but very expensive.
Will keep singing this...Micheal Olise. He is younger and has a higher ceiling than Anthony. He dribbles better, crosses as well and is cheaper with a 35m release clause. United should be all over him. Hell even malcom ebowei was a very good option but we have such a slow negotiation team that we couldnt talk to a free agent. Its crazy how bad we are in the boardroom

Redcy

I mean, is he really even that good? I wouldn't say he's much better than Pedro Neto at Wolves who'd likely be 15-20mil cheaper. He's certainly no Salah or Mahrez.
Neto has been dreadful for a while tbh.

Redcy

Will keep singing this...Micheal Olise. He is younger and has a higher ceiling than Anthony. He dribbles better, crosses as well and is cheaper with a 35m release clause. United should be all over him. Hell even malcom ebowei was a very good option but we have such a slow negotiation team that we couldnt talk to a free agent. Its crazy how bad we are in the boardroom
He looks good if you’re only criteria is dribbling. His turnover is terrible, ball retention poor, and defensively non existent. I’m not saying antony is the only choice, but olise doesn’t fit what we need in a winger

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He looks good if you’re only criteria is dribbling. His turnover is terrible, ball retention poor, and defensively non existent. I’m not saying antony is the only choice, but olise doesn’t fit what we need in a winger
7,96 recoveries per 90 min. Quite high.

Also very progressive (both in terms of passing and carries, 94 and 96 percentile). Also very high on deliveries into the penalty area (94th percentile).

Status
Not open for further replies.