Anyone concerned about how the protests and last few weeks will affect the players?

George Beast

Strictly from their perspective, what a crazy few weeks it's been for them. Firstly having to reckon with the fact that their bosses were driving forces in the incredibly ill-advised Super League that had the whole football world up in arms, then they had fans gain access to their training grounds with such ease and now arguably their biggest club game this season has been postponed after supporters stormed their stadium whilst others essentially trapped them in their hotel rooms. What will they be making of all this? Do you think they'll be supportive/understanding of the fans and just take it all in their strides, or will they be frustrated with the disruption, uncertainty and turmoil currently surrounding the club?

laughtersassassin

Won't effect them at all. They know why we are protesting. I'm sure most of them agree.

I'm sure the ones with high ambitions to win trophies don't like how poorly the club is run either.

Everyone knows we are Purley a business club. The players know it too.

Hell it might inspire some of them.

If another game got called off I could see frustration building but this one was needed as a statement

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not really. They’ve not been in any danger whatsoever.

If anything it’ll hopefully show them how passionate the fans are about the club.

I can only imagine the leaders like McT, Maguire, Bruno fully understanding and being behind the fans.

Red00012

Google Jesse Lingard on a bus that gets smashed and there’s your answer

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I hope they're frustrated, and I hope they realise the fans are doing this because they want to save the club they love.

And ultimately I hope the Glazers get the feck out.

Mindhunter

Won't effect them at all. They know why we are protesting. I'm sure most of them agree.

I'm sure the ones with high ambitions to win trophies don't like how poorly the club is run either.

Everyone knows we are Purley a business club. The players know it too.

Hell it might inspire some of them.

If another game got called off I could see frustration building but this one was needed as a statement
How do you know that? No one does so it's disingenuous to suggest that with such conviction. I doubt the players will be impacted by the core agenda of the fans as they have nothing to do with the owners but they would be worried about their own safety while playing for the club.

We can all imagine what a handful of miscreants can do if they gain access to the players and the coaching staff. Every group will have it's fair share of such vandals. People condoning this behavior must remember that even if a single scratch is sustained by a player, the entire agenda will turn on its head. Be careful of what you ask for.

Fans should continue to protest and put maximum pressure on the Glazers but not by breaking into Old Trafford.

Irwin99

Nah! Champions league qualification is all but assured as is the Europa League final. It was actually a pretty good time to do it.

copen1945

Fernandes had escaped the fan protests and other mess at Sporting and has landed in the same type of muck. Hopefully, a strong finish to the season would justify his choice.

George Beast

Not really. They’ve not been in any danger whatsoever.

If anything it’ll hopefully show them how passionate the fans are about the club.

I can only imagine the leaders like McT, Maguire, Bruno fully understanding and being behind the fans.
I do wonder though, if it carries on as I presume it will, do you think the players will get personally involved either through voicing support through social? Or perhaps trying to talk to the higher ups behind the scenes? Or will they call their agents and tell them they want out of this mess?

diarm

No.

Firstly, because I think most of them will understand that this is bigger than them. Many of them will even share the feelings of the fans even if they don't feel they can do so publicly.

Secondly, because those who do think this is targeted at them, or who are angry or upset by it, are out of touch with the supporters they are paid to represent and shouldn't be playing for us anyway.

And thirdly, because this is bigger than them.

dove

Fernandes had escaped the fan protests and other mess at Sporting and has landed in the same type of muck. Hopefully, a strong finish to the season would justify his choice.
He didn't leave Sporting because of that.

They will be frustrated. They want to play. Possibly a bit annoyed too as they know what goes on off the pitch might result in points deductions or forfeited games for them. I'd guess they're a bit intimidated too as it's rare fans get so vocal and aggressive in modern football.

Maybe somebody like Rashford is more supportive but I doubt somebody like Cavani coming from Uruguay for a couple of years knows or cares too much about the mechanics and backstory behind the Glazer takeover. He just wants to play and win.

Reiver

Pogba's agent will probably use it as an excuse to demand an extra £100,000 a week danger money.

klsv

You have to have to be really strong mentally to be a professional football player. What they heard and saw at the hotel yesterday is nothing compared to away matches at Anfield and Elland Road. Let alone in Europe against clubs with strong ultra groups. If they're so fragile that they would be shook about their own fans chanting outside the hotel they would lose a lot more away games and comebacks infront of away fans and millions watching from home would be rare. We need to stop acting as if the players are some fragile kids scared of everything. The talk of "match prep going to waste, players afraid, Matic cried while calling his mum, Ole sat shell shocked staring at the wall, Pogba got injured while trying to hide in the toilet" talk is what the PR machine will want the narrative to be.

If the reports are to be believed, the players were furious that the club didn't allow them to go outside to talk with the fans.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I can’t see anyway this has a postive impact on the players. It’s just a question of how negative the impact will be
I can’t imagine these protests are going to help convince Cavani to stay. Or make us an appealing place to come for new players.
also can’t imagine players not been able to leave there hotel will create a good squad moral.
these no questions it is going to create a bit of a toxic work environment

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No.

Firstly, because I think most of them will understand that this is bigger than them. Many of them will even share the feelings of the fans even if they don't feel they can do so publicly.

Secondly, because those who do think this is targeted at them, or who are angry or upset by it, are out of touch with the supporters they are paid to represent and shouldn't be playing for us anyway.

And thirdly, because this is bigger than them.
I’m enjoying your posts on the protests, I totally agree with what you’ve been saying.

Skills

Snitch
Our players have had a lot worse from our fanbase. Quite a few of them have been racially abused by them just this season.

Drop in the ocean stuff this.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It must be quite an unreal feeling to know that what you do, is followed by such tribal passion. The visual realisation of a mass army, in your support would inspire me.

JB7

The players wanted to come out of the hotel to talk to the fans yesterday, club blocked them from doing so. The players won't be affected whatsoever as they understand they retain the undying support of our fanbase.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I doubt they'll be worried about safety or anything.

My one worry is that if there is a general sense of negativity around the club it might play a part in players like Cavani and Pogba deciding not to renew, and potentially players we're trying to buy choosing another team ahead of us (let's say a Kane or Haaland for example). It might take away from what is otherwise the most promising situation the club has been in since Mourinho first joined (with us hopefully winning the EL and finishing a comfortable 2nd).

MU655

They are probably thinking 'get lost so we can play football' and 'I hope this doesn't happen next game.'

bosskeano

these protests shouldn't impact the players at all because that isn't something they can control. They'll just be focused on the next match against Roma on Thursday in Rome. If anything, it'll help the players prepare for the second leg as they will now have had a weeks rest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably a good job they didn't have to play yesterday after that!