Anyone else absolutely buzzing for the start of the season?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You sound so sure about that. That’s the ignore button clicked for you pal. Over 12,000 posts from you and not a single like. Speaks volumes mate. Goodbye.
Yes it is. You need 10 likes to be a full member and can only be liked by the mods.
You didn't need likes back in the day... hence why older posters wont have any likes.

Kag

More excited about this season than last season, yes.

At least there’s a possibility, no matter how small, that we actually try to play attacking football. That’ll do me for now.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Personally I can't wait! Even moreso after reading the recent incessant moaning and the rewriting of history.

Craig Ward

I am.

The general mood around the squad is positive and Ole is talking sense.

I like the fact the club has a vision and for quite some time, some identity.

Under Moyes, he was doomed from the start, LVG made too many changes too soon and Jose does what Jose does - has a meltdown screws the club up and gets fired.

Ole has the right coaching team, a vision of how he wants to play and actually looks like he is conditioning the players to that style.

Our transfer targets also fit with what he is doing. The re-build is on and it will take time. But its happening. No more doom and gloom and in-fighting. Ole is the right man for this job.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we play.

Some fans clamouring for more signings which I understand but this isn't FM this is real life. We have a big squad and players need to leave for some to come in and Ole not only wants good players, he wants the right personality, which is absolutely vital.

Lets get behind the team and see how far we go!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I already said it in another thread, but I just can't shake the feeling that McTominay is going to turn into Roy Keane, Paul Scholes and Zizou all in one and on steroids this season.

Did you see him in pre-season? Like seriously, man is mint.

sugar_kane

If you’re not even slightly excited about the start of another season it’s probably worth sacking football off, at least for a bit.

Yeah the owners are cnuts and we missed out on strengthening some key areas but we bought two of the best defenders in the league, had a great pre season, have promoted arguably our best batch of youngsters in years and have a club legend who gets the club and wants to play the United way in charge

Oh also football is mint and the start of a new season should be fun no matter what.

Imagine if you were a Stoke fan or something ffs

Stadjer

I am looking forward for football to start in general... i dont have high hopes for Manchester United this season though. Top4 and some decent football every once in a while would be a good season for me.

Shark

@NotShark
As a lover of football, of course. As a fan of Manchester United, I'm expecting the worst so literally anything positive happening will be a bonus.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Honestly I'm looking forward to it.
Despite how much I worry for our midfield, there is always that hope that things pull through. And even if we don't get good results I am looking forward to seeing our new signings and hopefully get a glimpse on what is to come if they do well in creating a platform for future quality signings.

Bestietom

I am looking forward to seeing the young players get game time. If Pogba gives his all and McTominay keeps improving, we have some hope. What I'm dreading is injuries to any of these 2.

Omahahaha

I am especially excited about seeing Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and Greenwood.

I also have a soft spot for Aston Villa and some other teams lower down the table that will be interesting to follow!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We could have given out 10 year contracts to Jones, Young, Smalling and Darmian, and I'd still be buzzing for the start of the season. Football is back!

siw2007

I am very excited for Sunday. Get to go to Old Trafford again, Maguires debut, hopefully get to see an exciting line up.

We might not have got the extra reinforcements that we needed but a change in mentality and exciting young players breaking through could mean we might surprise a few people this year.

Nick7

Yep, pre season was highly encouraging. A new style of play and seemed a lot more exciting on the pitch. Youngsters being bled and a few new faces to get a proper look at. I absolutely cannot wait until Sunday.

humdinger

I’m excited. We are playing a more entertaining style of football, have some exciting youngsters who will get chances and have a big game (we should win) to kick things off. Should be a good weekend.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm buzzing now, yes.

It was my birthday yesterday and I got tickets for the stadium and museum tour, I was over the moon and was as giddy as a wee boy getting those tickets. Yesterday helped remind me of why I love United. It's the history, the stadium, the legends, the passion, the commitment to youth and so much more. I forgot some of that in the midst of so much negativity on the board and in the media for the last few months. As stressful as it has been the last few seasons and the stuff that has went wrong, God I love this club.

Genuinely, I can't wait for the season to start, to get behind a manager who is a guy I love and to see some very exciting young players show what they can do. I think we will do better than people think. I can't wait for Sunday.

manunited1919

Not exactly buzzing, but my ears are ringing and my blood pressure is high, after the transfer window.

Born2Lose

Don't know about buzzing, but certainly more excited than I was at this time last season.

I think Ole's first competitive selection will have the biggest effect upon my enthusiasm towards the rest of the season. I hope come kick off on Sunday he's shown that he's ready to give these young players a fair chance.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I was dreading the start of last season and it was a horrid campaign.

Feel even worse at the start of this one. By October I fear this place will be absolutely toxic.

Best bet for me is to take football a little less personally. It's just a game after all.

Kearnkoff69

I'm excited because, for the first time since LVG took over, it feels like our squad has a lot of room to grow. Under Mou, we knew we were playing established players with defined ceilings (Rashford being the exception), and any success was going to come from the manager setting them up correctly and them executing the gameplan as he wanted. At least this year we will *hopefully* be fielding a team of less proven players with more hunger and also more uncertainty about how good they're going to be. While that's risky and could backfire, the thought of watching our team's potential grow as our players expand and refine their game is something to look forward to. Add in the possibility of seeing young guys like Greenwood and Gomes get game time, whether in the PL or the EL, and there are more reasons to tune in this season than there have been for 2-3 years now.

DCP

Absolutely. We have the potential to have a r Meally exciting and youthful team - For me it just depends whether Matic plays or not, if Matic doesn't play then I think we can be excited with the progressive football, if he does then its not a step forward.

Our back 5 is excellent.

Pogba and McTominay as a midfield pair has the potential to be good, mobile and attacking.

Rashford or Martial on the left and Dan James or Greenwood on the right with the one left out between Martial & Rashford upfront, with either Mata, Lingard or Pereira/Pogba as the advanced midfielder.

That team excites me.

Mata as a number 10 with pace around him works.

Zydar

My main concern is who is going to score the goals now after Lukaku is gone. Rashford? Martial? Certainly not Sanchez unless he wakes up from his deep sleep.

luck&neat

As much as I got caught up a little in the doom and gloom of the transfer season and the lack of Midfield/Forward players brought in that we seemingly need i'm really looking forward to the football starting again.

Ole has said he's going to trust in the youth, and I really hope he does. Going from what we saw in pre-season i'm intruiged to see how much game time Chong, Gomes, Greenwood and Tuanzebe get. If they are integrated into the team/squad along with the 3 new signings that's lots of fresh faces to be introduced and hopefully a new momentum that can bring with it.

We will probably still be some way off City and Pool (and probably Spurs) as they have settled, quality squads but in some ways it maybe takes a little pressure off the players being introduced into the team in terms of expectations.

I'm quietly optimistic.

minh_loc_xoay

I already said it in another thread, but I just can't shake the feeling that McTominay is going to turn into Roy Keane, Paul Scholes and Zizou all in one and on steroids this season.

Did you see him in pre-season? Like seriously, man is mint.
Thank you... Just when the kid was looking good, you jinxed him before the season even began... :rolleyes:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
No. I have plenty of other things to keep me utterly depressed right now.

Chairman Woodie

I am not buzzing for the start of the season.

I am wary of the season ahead. I'm not expecting any trophies. I'm not even expecting consistency. So I won't be disappointed if the season goes pear-shaped. Que Sera, Sera!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Buzzing for sure. Not sure why there are so many whinging.

Really want to see how we play with a ball playing centre back now, want to see Mctominay & Pogba in midfield, want to see Greenwood & hoping for a new Martial. And also wonder if Fred is going to make improvement this season.

Chairman Woodie

My main concern is who is going to score the goals now after Lukaku is gone. Rashford? Martial? Certainly not Sanchez unless he wakes up from his deep sleep.
I echo your concern. Our midfielders will need to score more goals. I can't see Rashford and Martial scoring twenty odd. Greenwood will undoubtedly score. But it won't fill the void. A strengthened defence will ease the pressure, hopefully.

Son

All the youth is incredibly exciting. Greenwood looks a superstar already with Gomez not far behind if we give him minutes.

I can’t wait to see whether Maguire & Wan Bissaka help us play out from the back better. Lindelof was my fav player last year, very nice on the ball.

Less said about the midfield the better...

We’re getting our wish of Martial & Rashford leading the line finally too. Hopefully Martial has grown a pair this season.

Gasolin

If we play the youngsters yes looking forward to it, total Manchester United, the u23s are playing tomorrow see who is in that squad, Greenwood, Gomes and Chong should not be there, if they are I will be pissed off.
And they were not.

RedFish

Really think our new defensive solidity (on paper at least) should make a big difference to our points total this season.

Midfield is a worry, but hoping Matic can raise his game. This could also be a huge season potentially for Greenwood, big hopes for the lad. Not signing a striker may well be a masterstroke, if it enables his development. We shall see.

Zlatans Knee

I am buzzing. Just hope my buzz doesn’t wear off when I see Mata and Matic in the starting line up. Buzz levels might just go off the scale if Angel and Mason score. There might be a bit of buzz leftover in the off chance that Martial rediscovers his number 9 form.

NJM78

I'm just feeling a bit like whatever. Excitement just not there yet but I will still watch every game and hope to see the youth play.

Prongsy

At this point last year, I was so mad at Jose for already giving up. Sure, we have better signings now than last year. But over all quality in team, was still sort of similar. Younger players like rashy and martial were growing up. Lukaku had to prove he could have a good relationship on the pitch with pogba. United had Sanchez. Jose absolutely bottled it by focussing only on " Where is my defender". " I can't perform without it" bullshit. Now I understand he wanted Maguire and maybe he thought our back up was just back up. Which is fair. But none of any of this should make you hate yourself looking forward to new season. I was so enraged where Jose didn't even try to look towards last year. I hope he stays unemployed for another ten years.

However much our problems are, its beyond retarded to not consider how the confidence and attitude projected by everyone including manager early on or later on, totally impacts how realistically a team can cope with hardships early on. It's no wonder most of the team gave up before November.

Maybe Ole is a liar for faking confidence. But any good coach always fakes confidence if they can't create on their own. Positive outlook and self image is very vital not just to the club but also to every individual. Pool did what they did last year, cos they felt they could do it. But seeing themselves do it over and over and over again. At some point, they could have won more games without even being good enough. Cos they were just completely actualised. And about time, we work on psychology of it all.

Am happy Ole isn't just brimming with snake oil salesman vigour either. He is probably more cynical than most of us. But he is truly making an effort. And even if I can't observe all this, am not gonna start a new season like last year, even if my manager is a demented twat. Football fandom is pointless if you can't be excited about a new season.