Anyone else absolutely buzzing for the start of the season?

R'hllor

This whole thread, from 1st page to last, dayum.

Who`s buzzing now? /clap

Camilo

Jesus, how clueless we all are..

"Ole's got a plan, a way of playing. We've got our club back" etc... Nice one.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If it looked like Ole was going to play the youngsters and not Matic,Mata,Young,Jones before them I'd be looking forward to the season...but it doesn't look like that. As a season ticket holder after last season it's difficult to see how we aren't better in defence and worse in every other area.

Why any United fan would be buzzing about this season, at this point, City are champions, Liverpool champions of (can't even type the rest), we've had a terrible season and weakened our team. There is a way I think that it could be positive, improve the back four tick, get rid of the tried and tested failures not tick, and move on with Tuanzebe, Gomes, Greenwood but that won't really happen.

So no....not at all. And the rest just seems like top red syndrome. I'll go to games. I'm expecting us to play better to start with but we are lacking quality and I think a few key injuries or the likes of DeGea, Pogba getting pissed off with playing with players below their level, and we could end up with a worse season than last season.
Good call Jeppers7.

Water Melon

You are not the only one there, my optimism has evaporated quickly as well. I would have never thought that we we'd be this much hopeless after SAF. Ole's at the wheel does not sound that encouraging these days. I feel like a fooled former Brexiteer, who has come to realize that what he/she was wishing for, turned out to be a massive feck-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Good call Jeppers7.
Cheers, it wasn’t difficult to see happening really was it. FFS who was honestly buzzing for a season where we would obviously struggle and either City would win 3 in a row or the scousers would finally win the league.

redshaw

I'm up for it. I want to see how this rabble will be vs Pool, Norwich and Bournemouth. Disappointing to have another International break.

I want to see this carcass laid bare. The additions of Maguire, Bissaka and James have done well so far but unsurprisingly the attitude of the rest is like under Jose and Ole last season.

Last edited:

Dans

I'd love to be optimistic. But I reckon I'll be watching Sanchez, Matic, Mata and Lingard instead of Chong, Garner, Gomes and Greenwood.

I really think these boys would light up the league like Rashford did. Taunzebe too.
Hmmm.

Dans

Cheers, it wasn’t difficult to see happening really was it. FFS who was honestly buzzing for a season where we would obviously struggle and either City would win 3 in a row or the scousers would finally win the league.
No, not at all. Quite clear in fact. Just goes to show that there a realists and dreamers/fantasists........on here the former are lynched, the latter encouraged, as if it somehow it will have an affect on the team if they are all bigged up on a forum.

Enigma_87

You know who
No, not at all. Quite clear in fact. Just goes to show that there a realists and dreamers/fantasists........on here the former are lynched, the latter encouraged, as if it somehow it will have an affect on the team if they are all bigged up on a forum.
'Top reds' are always appreciated, regardless of how delusional they can be..

justboy68

The first post doesn't really make sense anyway. We didn't know exactly what we were going to get with Van Gaal and Mourinho either. We thought we were going to get a better team!

Judas

Open to offers
I'm worried, but I'd say there's more reasons to be excited for it than last season. So that's a positive.
You were right to be worried, you clever little sausage. I presume the reasons to be excited were getting to see more of the kids, your Chongs, your Greenwoods, your Lingards etc.

Alabaster Codify7

This thread separated the logical thinkers, the realists from the deluded didn't it. It's proof that a lot of football fans hold the same fantastical mindset of children believing in Santa Claus.

On the one hand it's an endearing 'whats the harm in dreaming'. But on the other hand,it's extremely childish.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm excited, screw the haters
Errr yeah. I would say this was probably a heart over head moment, I didn't think we'd be scintillating but I was looking forward to high energy and a basic plan of pressurising the opposition to win the ball back and quick, direct attacking...

Zlatattack

Shows what i know innit. :lol: :nervous:

To be fair though, i think they'll look better once we have our senior players back and these guys are additions to a team of senior players who are actually playing well, rather than required to form the backbone of our team.

They've not looked any worse than Sanchez has for us.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm very excited. We're fitter than last season, we've had a lot of time for Ole and his team to get their tactics in, and the preseason looked good when we we had the first choice midfield playing. We've got a raw pacy and direct attack who've shown glimpses of gelling together, we've still got Pogba to ping magic all around the park. The hyped duo of Greenwood and Gomes will finally get a lot of gametime this year and Rashford looks ready to start being the main man. Most importantly, the defence is sorted with players who're solid in the tackle and can all play out from the back.

As long as Rashford, Pogba and one of Lindelof/Maguire stay injury free throughout the year, I'm quite confident that we'll give Spurs a run for their money and finish 3rd/4th.
Who's passing the humble pie around?

Bulldog United

I don’t think after-timing is an attractive look. It’s easy to make fun of the optimists now, but if you can’t go into the season optimistic and hopeful what is the point? I’ll always look forward to the start of a new domestic football season.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't wait! Had this horrible nightmare we were 12th in October and people were talking about us getting relegated. Mental init :houllier::houllier::houllier:

Anyway, one week to go. Buzzing! :devil:

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This season, I am mostly looking forward to the next transfer window...!!:rolleyes:

Dante

Average bang
Sorry for the quote mate as there is a lot of good material all around but holy feck :lol:
Our football was defensive first from 2008 until the end of the Fergie era, and shit thereafter. Expecting a possibility of exciting football wasn't a big stretch when you consider that Ole had already managed it from December till March.

The players have it in them for the first time in ages, but they've been poorly coached.

If you can't be excited about your football team at the start of the season, you have no soul.