Anyone else buzzing for the start of the season?

Skills

Snitch
I'm genuinely really excited to watch us play this season. Probably for the first time since Mourinho's second season.

Mourinho became a grim reaper soon after and the seasons under Ole always felt like a massive waste of time, but I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing us play this season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Why not!

Slightly hungover and dizzy so that may play a part, but looking forward to it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’m excited to see ETH’s way of football but it’s a bit overshadowed by the fact he hasn’t got the horses. Very underwhelming transfer market.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Not until TH has his full team in place.
The same faces as the last couple of years will do the same things and revert to type.

Gopher Brown

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I’m really dismayed at our transfer window which has left us with the likelihood of Fred and McTominay starting on Sunday. We have made all these structural changes and have learned nothing

Herman Toothrot

Absolutely. We're gonna win the league and nobody can convince me we're not. Get excited, have a belting time, drink and be fecking merry. Don't be embarrassed, it's just football and you're a fan because it's fun. Grab your mates, support the team and make a sustained assault on the citadel of good times. Come on United!

Reactions: Invictus

AndySmith1990

Yeah, despite the shit transfer window I'm still happy we finally have a great manager, and I'm hopeful we'll play some entertaining football regardless of results. At the end of the day I'm a football fan for the matches, not the transfer news

Skills

Snitch
Absolutely. We're gonna win the league and nobody can convince me we're not. Get excited, have a belting time, drink and be fecking merry. Don't be embarrassed, it's just football and you're a fan because it's fun. Grab your mates, support the team and make a sustained assault on the citadel of good times. Come on United!
That's the spirit

Woodzy

Christ, we need more of this guy.

Desmond69

Now we have gone all summer waiting for new signings, waiting for some football to come again that we could look forward to every week. It's a bit like when you were a little boy leading up to Christmas, when you had a hard time waiting to see what was in the Christmas presents. It's the same with football... we're all waiting in excitement, how will the start be, what have we got, how do they play together, and if we win the first game, everything will just become so much more positive and we will very soon start believing in miracles compared to last season...

Yes, I'm indescribably excited, and even though I'm at work when we play on Sunday, I have to watch the game.

Ludens the Red

I’ve whinged all summer, our transfer business has been shite, our squad is inferior to the five clubs who finished above us, yet im suddenly excited and optimistic again. I’ve stuck three United players in my fpl team, let’s go!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Team news for GW1 has dampened by spirits a little bit but I am cautiously optimistic about this season. At the very least, I think we’ll see some (consistent) attacking football.

wolvored

Of course its exciting every year and after the last 10 years with a progressive manager even more so. I wished he had got his full compliment of transfers in, but shit happens in life. Still think by the end of the month a couple more at least will be signed.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I'm looking forward to it but not buzzing. I do like the signings we've made but we are far too weak upfront

Siorac

No, not really. I'm curious to see what Ten Hag can do with this squad but I have no illusions: probably not much.

And I hate the phrase "buzzing". It's terrible.

CM10

I'm conflicted. I feel this is the most exciting managerial appointment we've made in the last decade with the most scope for improvement but also can't help feeling we're too short in several areas for it to make a significant difference. If we can get a few players in before the end of the window, that feeling might change.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah massively excited.

I know we don't have a perfect squad, or even close really, but I expect Ten Hag to get a tune out of a good few players that previously weren't fancied.

I believe had our preseason been reversed people would be a lot more optimistic, but beating Liverpool 4-0 in our final game rather than a 1-1 draw with Vallecano and a defeat to Madrid would have had people hopeful.

I stick by what I said when ETH was first appointed, good football and a clear defined exciting style is all I ask of this season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I was there until Oslo. The Atletico Madrid performance, followed by Vallecano, not getting FdJ done and going into the season with McFred, Ronaldoom and the Martial injury have taken the wind out of my sails.

Cypriot

Absolutely buzzing. Call me naïve but I feel like even if our team hadn't changed at all, the new manager and coaching will have improved us. I'm optimistic this season - hoping we can get into that top 4 and push on from there.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm genuinely really excited to watch us play this season. Probably for the first time since Mourinho's second season.

Mourinho became a grim reaper soon after and the seasons under Ole always felt like a massive waste of time, but I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing us play this season.
About 2 weeks ago I was, but nowhere near enough movement in the transfer market and a string of pretty drab pre season games has dampened any excitement I had.

R'hllor

Yea i am over moon to watch majority of same bunch of cnuts from last season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Anyone ‘buzzing’ about McFred and relying in attack on duds like Rashford, Elanga, Martial and a 37 year old who doesn’t want to be here, either started following United a month back or is quite frankly an utter fool.

Let’s hope ETH manages to paper the cracks. He is on a one man mission with no help form the board/owners.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah but I had a dream we lost our opening game 1 - 0 with Antonio Valencia scoring the winner. I was fuming and shouting about how I can't do another season of this. So i think I might be on the edge.

KjaAnd

Very excited. I’m not oblivious to the fact that we have massive issues at the club (deadwood, Ronaldo’s toxic presence, a non-existent midfield, Glazers etc.) but for the first time in a decade or so, I feel like we’re moving in the right direction. Arnold and Murtaugh seem aware of the failures of Woodward and co. We’re moving on from the Disney World-approach and our manager has a clear positive vision of how to play football. No amateurish Moyes, no rigid van Gaal, no negative Mourinho and no “go out there and do your best”-Solskjær.

Time will tell if EtH has what it takes to make us relevant again but I like what I’m seeing so far: aggressive fluid football, discipline and a belief in his own methods and the players we’ve got (including an exciting batch of young players) rather than signing big names. For now, I’m just really buzzing to see how his methods play out in the Prem!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't think the squad is strong enough beyond the first 11 to really compete, but i'm sure we will have some great games, and some poor ones mixed in.

This season for me is about building the foundation under ETH, get back to the CL then kick on next year.

Hopefully the fans and press stay patient through the rough patches.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I don’t support Utd and I’m not even sure I truly understand what it means to “make a sustained assault on the citadel of good times” but when you phrase it like that, I. AM. IN!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I feel very sorry for EtH. He has been let down and also anchored to a problem that is evidently bigger than the club.

I am looking forward to watching us play and seeing what the manager can do, though.

C3Pique

Dreading it. Our probable starting 11 of the new season is the same 11 that tanked last season.

New manager or not, on the pitch there is nothing that excites me.

redshaw

Yes, it's the start of a journey with a very good coach.

I can forgive Jose gamble and he's been the most successful but the rest have been poor choices. With ETH I feel we have at least one side of the bargain sorted.

tomaldinho1

I’m excited to see ETH’s way of football but it’s a bit overshadowed by the fact he hasn’t got the horses. Very underwhelming transfer market.
I’m more excited in a way to see how he does with players we’ve already formed an opinion on. We’ve needed a coach for years, it looks like we’ve got one but I kind of want to see some proof.

Chairman Steve

I’m expecting this to be a transitional year with some ups and downs. The pressure and focus in my opinion will be on the teams who finished above us. City and Liverpool naturally. Chelsea need to do better after their underwhelming second half of last season. Spurs almost have a team ready to compete, especially with Kane and Son at peak ages. Arsenal are into Season 3(ish) with Arteta so something better has to come from them now.

We’re at the start of our projected cycle. Anyone expecting title challenges or definite Top 4 finishes is wildly optimistic at this point. I’d rather we quietly got on with things. I get it’s annoying as feck that we haven‘t done sufficient transfer business at the moment but there’s still time at least.

flameinthesun

Despite the negativity from seemingly most of the fanbase I am excited to see what EtH can do. I always said I only expected us to sign 4 players (hopefully we get 1 or 2 in the door) so im curious to see what EtH can do (so far it looks like he is the coach we think he is).

I'm expecting a klopp season 1 type season, exciting football sometimes working, sometimes not but with EtH laying his handprint down on this team. Whether we finish 4th or 5th the only thing that's a must is seeing building blocks for a potential title challenging system, then hopefully over winter and the next summer transfer window we can get another 4 players in and start challenging for trophies.

Seveneric

I feel the same way as one does after turning in an assignment you know is shit. You're expecting a failing grade, but some small part can't help but hope the assignment wasn't as shit as you thought and the grade will be better than you expected, even though logic tells you it should be a fail.

romufc

I think first time in a while, I actually am not buzzing at all. I think we are going to have a terrible season again.

Add to the fact that Liverpool or City will win the league again and we are looking like 6th is best option for us.

We have been sold dreams by the Glazers, are we seeing a change where we don't spend money and hope the coach can work miracles?