Anyone else buzzing for the start of the season?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’m more excited in a way to see how he does with players we’ve already formed an opinion on. We’ve needed a coach for years, it looks like we’ve got one but I kind of want to see some proof.
Yeah he could definitely turn Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Fred, Maguire, etc in to better players. Also maybe improve and trust a few youth players.

Oranges038

I am mostly buzzing to see if my new Iptv sub is as good as last years.

Partridge

Yeah but I had a dream we lost our opening game 1 - 0 with Antonio Valencia scoring the winner. I was fuming and shouting about how I can't do another season of this. So i think I might be on the edge.
I had a dream last night that we signed Jizz Hornkamp from NFFC and he becomes a world class payer for us. Every time he actually scores, the United fans turn their backs, Poznan style, and the cameras pick up all the red shirts with " Jizz " on the back.

On strong meds in hospital so that probably explains the super weird dream.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm always excited for the start of the season but it is quelled a little by our awful transfer window. I won't let that get to me though, the main thing is whether ETH makes us enjoyable to watch again.

Shinjch

Looking forward to the start of Ten Hag's reign. But it feels like he is starting with a hand tied behind his back with how the higher ups have handled the summer market.

TsuWave

I was a couple weeks back, but I’ve been focusing too much on our squad, and I don’t think it’s good enough - despite seeing positive signs during preseason - and it has kind of deflected my enthusiasm

I think we have a proper coach now though, so that’s good

Joseunited

Always buzzing for the new season.Even with the lack of transfer activity ETH will have us playing good football .

JuriM

Yes, we have a manager and quite a young squad to see through it and find new favorite talents to support through their development. Preseason game management and tactical setups were very good and promising. Truly excited!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I did. But transfer window killed my mood a lot. So i am not expecting some glorious season. Look at depth in our attack and McFred midfield is killing my hopes.
But i do expect cup or two.

acrebo

At the moment I'm feeling very underwhelmed... not really 'dreading' it but my excitement levels just aren't there.

I suspect we'll start the season well, full of energy and running, which will then drift away by October. The players will get fed up with ETH's demands for actual effort and start leaking shite, which will in-turn get the media on ETH's back.

As he becomes 'under threat', he won''t get any backing in the January transfer window and will be expected to improve our fortunes despite having a misfit squad that doesn't suit the game plan.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong!

I’m loving my life

ETH is the only reason I’m looking forward to watching us. I’m excited to see if he can turn around some of the players at least until he gets better ones, and I also look forward to seeing him mould younger ones.

I’m pragmatic about actually seeing anything change quickly, given we haven’t really changed our starting XI. In that sense he’s been failed by the club but maybe over time he can turn it around by chipping away at improving existing players, losing those he considers lost causes and getting better ones in.

Godfather

I was when we hired EtH as I thought we would go all out in the market too. We didn't though which is a huge downer I'm not going to lie. Not having a fit striker apart from the wantaway Ronaldo makes it worse.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I am! It's mixed with anxiety though. Praying we have a good start....

Trex

Absolutely. We're gonna win the league and nobody can convince me we're not. Get excited, have a belting time, drink and be fecking merry. Don't be embarrassed, it's just football and you're a fan because it's fun. Grab your mates, support the team and make a sustained assault on the citadel of good times. Come on United!
Can he get triple likes?

Skills

Snitch
I think first time in a while, I actually am not buzzing at all. I think we are going to have a terrible season again.

Add to the fact that Liverpool or City will win the league again and we are looking like 6th is best option for us.

We have been sold dreams by the Glazers, are we seeing a change where we don't spend money and hope the coach can work miracles?
If you were excited for last season considering the way it went, maybe it's just your spidey senses that need recal?

Trex

Yes I'm, the start of ETH tenure and finally a manager with a brand of football I like.

Red_Aaron

Always excited for the new season
Looking forward to seeing a real progressive, attacking impetus from the new coach and hopefully a clearly disciplined and united squad doing their very best

Hoping to see the Sancho we all hoped we'd signed last year, the Eriksen I've admired for years and hopefully the re-emergence of rashford and Bruno to the form we saw a couple of seasons ago because they were brilliant and I still have faith they can be absolutely decisive for us

Trophy would be fantastic, even the League Cup would do just something for the new regime to hold up and hopefully stave off the wolves because make no mistake they'll be circling right from the off

Lynty

Been saying for weeks, absolutely buzzing

But I feel the same every season.

Mike Smalling

Can't actually believe the PL starts today. I'm pretty excited, but also vary that it will take time for us to really improve given the transfer window we've had. Still, I am looking forward to seeing whether ETH can bring a style of play and confidence that will lift these players.

And if everything goes to shit, there is always the NFL and F1 threads :wenger:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Can't wait - if you're not excited you're in the wrong game.

laughtersassassin

Sadly not really. Like I'm happy the football is back and want to watch the matches but I see zero chance if us improving in Any major way points or silverware wise

ETH was my pick for manager but there is next to chance we get anywhere great with this squad.

Even trying to get 4th will be extremely difficult, let alone win a trophy

Betson

Yes , it could be the only part of the season where we can dare to hope that this season things might be different. Before reality might kick in.

I think every football fan has that hope that this could possible be their season , if you don't have that before a ball is kicked what is the point of it all.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Was until the last couple of weeks. 2 weeks ago we were gonna sign FdJ, were beating everyone and playing well, since then it seems the same old Manchester United with dressing room drama, people wanting to leave, lack of discipline, etc.

Bondi77

I was most excited at the start of last season but didn't see what came coming.
I am excited again this season and all because of Erik as he looks like the real deal to me.
Only a matter of time till Ronnie walks I hope as he could be a real distraction this season.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
At this point in time I simply want to see our new playing style, motivated hungry players and hopefully a decent start.

redcucumber

It's hard not be a bit dejected after the summer we've had. I reckon 99.9% of supporters bust a humongous nut when ten Hag was announced (Amadeus notwithstanding), but it was assumed he'd be appropriately backed in the market. I'd be surprised if any of our new signings start on Sunday which means we'll go out there with more or less the same team that got spanked 4 nil by Brighton a few months ago.

Once I get to Old Trafford I'll be up for it, but if we lose or play badly the toxicity surrounding the club will be fecking mega. Feels like a missed opportunity and it's the owners/directors fault. Again.

BigRon1985

I wish I could get excited but I'm having horrible deja vu after the euphoria of the last Dutch manager we had and we all know how that turned out - hope I'm wrong!

Not bothered about trophies, not even bothered about Top 4 - just playing consistent attractive football would suffice for now..........

caid

No, bit surprised but no.
A season of McFred as our only midfielders just kills any enthusiasm i have for the season. Last season was painfully lacking in anything resembling entertainment.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Spurs and Arsenal have significantly improved squads that left us in the dust last season and we’re a country mile behind Liverpool and City whatever happens. It’s going to be painful watching them all pull away from us, yet again.

On the plus side, I don’t see us getting humiliated by teams with much weaker squads the way we do often did in recent seasons. We should be able to comfortably beat (almost) all of the teams in the bottom half of the league. Playing good football

So there’s that.

Actually, feck it. I may have just talked myself into looking forward to the season. Bring it on!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's my obsession.

Always a joy to be going to United games with the boys. Go for a meal and spend the day or evening then debating and arguing about the game. Particularly looking forward to how the team will progress and play under EtH.

romufc

If you were excited for last season considering the way it went, maybe it's just your spidey senses that need recal?
Why wouldn't you have been excited at the start of the season? Maybe you should call yourself Mr. Hindsight.

We finished 2nd Europa final and signed Sancho Varane Ronaldo.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Can't wait.

Great that we got all our transfer business done before the preseason tour so the new manager had time to bed in his new players. And that we plugged the gapping holes in our squad.

Wait....

Skills

Snitch
Why wouldn't you have been excited at the start of the season? Maybe you should call yourself Mr. Hindsight.

We finished 2nd Europa final and signed Sancho Varane Ronaldo.
Because we had a shocking excuse for a manager in charge?