Anyone else buzzing for the start of the season?

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Yes and no. Looking forward to seeing a defined style of play evolve. But can't see us finishing above 5th 6th

RedorDead21

I just wish we had less issues but we should be used to this I guess. Trying to remind myself new regimes need time but when it’s your 5th or 6th attempt you get abit weather beaten. I’m excited to see him try and solve the puzzles, hoping he’s principled and sticks to them regardless of the individual concerned of the lack of wins. Hopefully the club can pull something out of the bag to help him along.

Giggsy13

Buzzing if you mean unholy amounts of alcohol being consumed to numb the pain of the transfer window then yea, buzzing.

largelyworried

Yep, surprisingly. As bad as things have been in the last 10 (oof) years, last season was one of the worst in terms of how much I cared. I watched most games, but that thing of spending the entire week looking ahead to the weekend's game had just gone. I just turned up, watched, then switched off. Much like the players.

I expect this to be a really interesting journey. We won't peak every week by any means, but I think our football under ETH will have a really high ceiling. I expect a few games this season where it all clicks, and we'll see some amazing stuff. Even when it doesn't click, I think the football will be interesting to talk about. Talking about whether formation A or B gets the most out of the players is a lot more interesting than arguing about whether it matters that we have an awfully coached team as long as we keep buying more strikers. I really don't think we'll be watching players struggling to string three passes together out of defence, or see us unable to beat Southampton's press.

I'm particularly intrigued to see how we play against the big teams, I think we might have a style of play that suits those games. We might actually not improve in terms of points gained, but for the longest time our approach has been to let other teams take the lead and try and counter attack them. Counter attacking can work, so its not an awful idea, but I've long wanted us to be more assertive in how we play.

There's a lot of negativity around the squad, with people saying its the worst post-Fergie, but I'm interested to see what ETH can get out of this group of players. We have a lot of players who have been far below their best level and I think the environment that he's creating might be able to do that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Kinda, sorta yes.

Garnacho feels like a new player, signed just before Rayo match. Physicality already better than Elanga & Rashford, aggression levels proper for Premier League tempo. Should we really weep before Brighton clash ? Get Eriksen and Bruno on the pitch and smash these in the first half then proper minutes of playtime to Zidane & Garnacho.

Infra-red

We're not very likely to finish in the top 4. I think there are reasons to be optimistic, though - we finally have a decent manager, one who's known for encouraging entertaining, attacking football and developing young talents. Yes, we probably won't win anything and the gap between us and the top 4 may very well grow, but we should finally be decent to watch, for the first time in years and years.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The one and only thing I'm interested in is if ETH can get a tune out of the masses of deadwood we have.

If he can't then it's season over by Xmas yet again.

Baneofthegame

Absolutely. We're gonna win the league and nobody can convince me we're not. Get excited, have a belting time, drink and be fecking merry. Don't be embarrassed, it's just football and you're a fan because it's fun. Grab your mates, support the team and make a sustained assault on the citadel of good times. Come on United!
This.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm pretty much buzzing - yes.

As always.

Not least because I really don't know what to expect - there are so many unknown factors in play.

As far as I'm concerned, this could - really - go in any direction to begin with.

Denis79

Always excited before the season starts. Don't think we'll make top 4 but excited nonetheless.

Scholes the maestro

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Definitely excited. Not only for united but for premiere league as a whole.
However, in previous couple of seasons my excitement have usually faded after united consistently underperformed in first few months.
Let’s hope this season it is different and my excitement will last until the end of the season.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I was more excited a month ago. The transfer mess has popped my balloon though.

I probably have less hope this season than ever. Maybe ETH can turn that around quickly.

Varun

Staff
Always. Don't think I've ever not been excited at the start of a season

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm just praying that Palace can do a job tonight. I'd love nothing more than for those disgusting Arsenal fans to be shut down first game of the season. They've really crawled out from under their rocks big time.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm just praying that Palace can do a job tonight. I'd love nothing more than for those disgusting Arsenal fans to be shut down first game of the season. They've really crawled out from under their rocks big time.
Nobody is quicker to give it the big 'un than Arsenal fans. That's why them being shit never gets old.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No.

It feels like we need another week or two. Getting the starting 11 playing together, getting more familiar with the system, more time to add another starter or two, allowing Martial time to get fit, etc.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
It's sad, so sad
It's a sad, sad situation
And it's gettin' more and more absurd

laughtersassassin

Not sure why a big chunk of the Caf all get worked up then in that case?
Because it has to be the minimum expectation regardless.

Club has to be held to higher standards than it is.

If ETH set unrealistic Transfers expectations then he also needs to revaluate that because we need players to compete

I Am Zlatan

I’m very excited! I can’t wait until Sunday! I’m excited to see us play decent football (hopefully). The transfer window haven’t been great, but I have a good feeling about ETH. I just hope us fans will be patient with him, and we will have his back when the press/players turn against him.

Barthez

Not for me. I just want the Glazers out ASAP. After all the talk last season about moving forward, investing, closing the gap etc its been a sh1t show

fallengt

Ofcourse. Why not? New season, new start.
We can enjoy it until shit hits the fan.

Todd

Can't say I'm very excited, no. Very disappointed in what the club have failed to accomplish this summer.

You'd think after you score only 57 goals in the league you'd make signing some class attackers a priority, if you had any desire to get back to an elite level...but what do we do? Nothing.

m1tch

Fearing the worst to be honest, that being performances much like last season again. You can probably see why, when our starting 11 could look very much like it was last season. Who'd trust those same players without any proper evidence to say they've completely changed?

Acquire Me

I am very excited. We have been so much better after EtH came in and his been with us like 5 minutes. I hope the majority of the fans will stay behind him. I can see him deal with shit that will come though, his the right man. Exciting times.

RORY65

I'm looking forward to it partially because I don't really have any expectations, I can just enjoy the games for what they are and I do believe that under Ten Hag that we will eventually play attractive, cohesive attacking football. There's a limit to what can be achieved given the quality of the squad but as long as it's nice to watch then that's all that can be asked for from the coaches and the players right now.

Roboc7

In some ways but the reality is we are probably going to finish sixth and that means losing a lot of games and dropping a lot of points. Transfer window has been a disaster which doesn’t bode well going forward and ETH is going to have to work some miracles.

BestRed

Yeah can't wait to get back to watching some decent footbal under ETH and away from reading about fecking levers.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not that much. I'd be otherwise excited by the idea of ETH implementing his style of football but then I see our frontline / DM and the lack of additions and I worry we've hamstrung him for now. I mean whats he supposed to do with the likes of Rashford Elanga and sad Ronaldo.

Mr PG

United will surprise quite a few people. Maguire, Rashford, Sancho will never have as shit a season as the last one .Sancho is the best player in the premier league no matter who tells you differently and he'll bag double figures goals and assists. He flopped last season because we din't know how to use him....allowing teams to double/triple team him due to lack of movement around him.

Bruno's wild ways will be tamed and I believe Eriksen will be used deep in a Pirlo role with James Garner slowly coming on for either Fred for McTominay. And yes Garnacho is a huge star in the making. Nobody runs that comfortably with the ball in the league besides Luis Dias.

Vapor trail

Poor transfer window is a dampener but if stronger recruits came in certainly. I feel like ETH raises the standard of his team considerably through mentality alone. I'd like to see how Rashford and Sancho develop under his management.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm keeping my expectations low but I always get excited when we play, hell I was even looking forward to the Palace game last season.

So yes I'm looking forward to see how we do under Eric and how players like Martinez Eriksen and Malacia perform.