Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

AkaAkuma

Enjoyed the 2nd season of lost in space. The family are constantly in peril and save themselves at the last minute, despite that though it's a good simple watch.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I've started watching Mad Men. Only seen 4 eps so far. Its good but not amazingly exciting so far... Does it stay at this level or do the stakes get raised?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Every season is better and better. Try to finish first season, and at start of second season I promise you'll be hooked.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Upright Is brilliant. Probably the best thing I've watched this year. Very funny at times but it also hits you in the feels. Very Australian but in a good way.
Thanks for the heads up, this is superb !

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I've started watching Mad Men. Only seen 4 eps so far. Its good but not amazingly exciting so far... Does it stay at this level or do the stakes get raised?
The more you watch it, the better it gets. It's not as much of a story-driven show, so it can be a bit hard to get into at first.

Mickson

Recommend me something. I've seen the most basic ones: The Wire, Stranger Things, Breaking Bad, Black Mirror, True Detective, Seinfeld, Friends, Mad Men, The Office, Girls, Dexter, Lost, Sopranos, Fargo, Band of Brothers, OZ and probably something I've forgotten. I have seen some true-crime also. Open for most of it but I don't like fantasy.

SirAF

Ageist
Recommend me something. I've seen the most basic ones: The Wire, Stranger Things, Breaking Bad, Black Mirror, True Detective, Seinfeld, Friends, Mad Men, The Office, Girls, Dexter, Lost, Sopranos, Fargo, Band of Brothers, OZ and probably something I've forgotten. I have seen some true-crime also. Open for most of it but I don't like fantasy.
OJ: Made in America?

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Dark?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
comedy - futurama, 30 rock, frasier
sci-fi - the expanse, the old star trek series (tng/ds9)

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Manhunt: Unabomber, Generation Kill, Mindhunter, Parks and Rec, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

AaronRedDevil

The Pacific? It's free on sky boxset. Like band of brother's. Oh and the greatest show of all time Game of Thrones.

Mike Smalling

Does that include Making a Murderer? If not, I would recommend that (at least the first season - haven't watched the second).

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
8 days that made Rome.
With British historian Bethany Hughes.
I’m almost 1/2 way through and it’s pretty good so far.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Americans.

It's got 6 seasons. It's everything from a spy drama to a family drama. One of the best shows of recent times as far as I'm concerned.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Justified.

Highly underrated yet stellar show.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Americans.

It's got 6 seasons. It's everything from a spy drama to a family drama. One of the best shows of recent times as far as I'm concerned.
I enjoyed it but it tailed off quite badly in the last season or 2 I thought.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Just watched the Netflix documentary about Aaron Hernandez. Absolutely mental.

King7Eric

I enjoyed it but it tailed off quite badly in the last season or 2 I thought.
Really?? I'll admit the 5th season was perhaps the weakest but the last season was absolutely stellar imo. It also finally bought long overdue Emmy recognition to the show.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Really?? I'll admit the 5th season was perhaps the weakest but the last season was absolutely stellar imo. It also finally bought long overdue Emmy recognition to the show.
The daughter's conversion to the cause was never convincing and after that happened I found everything that followed unconvincing. I didn't find many of the finals season's key moments convincing either. Stan letting them go, the daughter leaving and then deciding to stay etc

Shame as I really enjoyed the first 4 season.

Last edited:

King7Eric

The daughter's conversion to the cause was never convincing and that that happened I found everything that followed unconvincing. I didn't find many of the finals season's key moments convincing either. Stan letting them go, the daughter leaving and then deciding to stay etc

Shame as I really enjoyed the first 4 season.
Ah well we'll have to agree to disagree then. All the moments you mentioned is what really elevated the show imo, there was no slam bang action, just the effects of all those lies finally taking a toll on the psyche of all the characters. At it's heart the show was always about the relationships between the main characters and I think it played out perfectly and realistically.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wish the dude that made Secrets of Great British Castles would hit up some more castles in either the UK or maybe even elsewhere in Europe. Thought the episodes very well done - mixing some minor reenactments, storytelling and demonstrations of I. E. equipment used etc. Highly recommend that if you love medieval history and in the process learn some of britains history you may not otherwise have known about. A lot of "ahhhh!" moments.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Probably already been mentioned but I’ve just watched After Life again. Totally brilliant show. Best thing Ricky Gervais has done since the Office.

If any of you haven’t seen it yet, get on it, season 2 is coming soon. Unsure where he can go with another season though.

JoaquinJoaquin

I found it boring to be honest. Nothing ever seems to really ever happen. I got to the end of season 2 and sacked it off.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It's superb. Not so much about what happens (though there are a fair chunk of episodes driven by the mechanics of the agency), more about the character development and the intricacies of the relationships between the various protagonists. One of my all time favourites.

chicha14

Anyone seen Goliath? I see it got a goo rating on IMDB, my colleague has been hounding me to watch it. Worth the watch?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Avenue 5

Supposed to be a space comedy. Got sold because it has Hugh Laurie, but even he can't save it. Tired old jokes and a plot that juvenile and silly, even ep1 was a tough one to weather through. Laurie and Matt Spencer do a good job, but overall it's a mess.

AaronRedDevil

Currently watching OZ for the first time. Wow, only on season 3 and it brilliant. J. Simmons is a bastard. Like Joffrey levels