Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finished the first season of Dark.

Christ, it felt like I should've been taking notes for the last 2-3 episodes. What a mind-feck.

Roosney

Finished the first season of Dark.

Christ, it felt like I should've been taking notes for the last 2-3 episodes. What a mind-feck.
I recommend you watch the second season right after so you have some kind of recollection of things. I also recommend you dig up an illustration of Dark family trees on the internet, comes in very handy. Such a great show.

RedDevilRoshi

Anyone watched Sex Education or the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix?

Are both worth watching or should I give them a miss?

Dante

Average bang
American Horror season 9 is I think is very good
Has some good humor, along with lots of blood.
It's easily the best season since season 3.

The makers seemed to have given up on making scary horror, and instead decided to go for a fun 'popcorn' style show.

They really pulled it off, imo. It was mindless, but I enjoyed it.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

Heard good things about the doc but haven't watched it yet. I m in the middle of S1 of sex Ed and enjoy it. Won't be for everyone though. It actually gets a bit better after a few episodes bc some of the initial shock value so to speak wears off and the story/characters get more depth.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Started with Sex Education season 2 and we're enjoying it a lot. Those scenes of Adam Groff though... everything always goes wrong for him, and his sad face makes me actually die a little inside every time.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

I got into Sex Education last week, hadn't seen season 1 when it came out last year. I think it's very good, it's well written, the characters are well fleshed out, the soundtrack is great and it's pretty endearing overall. It also looks really good, with a visual style of its own. I'm halfway through season 2 and I feel the high standards of season 1 have been maintained.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Also just finished the end of the f***ing world s2, after a break halfway through when my wife decided she couldn't stand it anymore.
I liked it all in all, although it maybe fizzled out a bit in the end. Of course i'm not going to pretend i wasn't eagerly waiting for that tiniest bit of sweetness. It feels like a pretty definite ending though, if they go on from here it would certainly have to be very different from the first two seasons.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Sex Education is the sort of show Netflix is made for. It's well made, funny, easy to watch, has endearing characters, and is extremely binge-able.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Finally watched series 1 of Top Boy. A bit slow and confusing early on but episode 3 and 4 were excellent. Hope series 2 and 3 are good.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Finally finished the 2nd season of Sex Education. Good show although I was not a fan of the last episode. I'm not that optimistic on how the 3rd season will pan out.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I Love You, Now Die
HBO

A difficult watch, which was to be expected given the topic. What I didn’t expect was to come out of it with more questions than I went in with, which is not a bad thing.

Recommended.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Anyone watched Black Sails on Prime? Anyone watching anything else on Prime at the moment?
Amazing show.

As for others shows:

The Expanse is ridiculously good.

The Grand Tour is very good fun.

Sneaky Pete and Goliath are decent.

The boys apparently is quite good (haven't watched it)

Star Trek Picard just started but looks good.

Ollie Derbyshire

Anyone watched Black Sails on Prime? Anyone watching anything else on Prime at the moment?
I didn’t get into Black Sails tbh, thought it was a bit light on the production and looked a bit Saturday night tv.

I’d rate Amazon shows (excluding comedies) I’ve seen as;
The Boys
Vikings (Season 1-3 above The Expanse, later below, not seen the last season yet)
The Expanse
Sneaky Pete
Bosch
Jack Ryan
Mr Robot (liked it but a little hard to follow)
Man in the High Castle (likes it but a little hard to follow)
Hanna

Not had it for a while so not seen anything new in 2020, going to get it again for Vikings, Jack Ryan and Picard.

TheGame

I didn’t get into Black Sails tbh, thought it was a bit light on the production and looked a bit Saturday night tv.

The Boys
Vikings (Season 1-3 above The Expanse, later below, not seen the last season yet)
The Expanse
Sneaky Pete
Bosch
Jack Ryan
Hanna

Not had it for a while so not seen anything new in 2020, going to get it again for Vikings, Jack Ryan and Picard.
thanks.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Five episodes in to The Stranger based on the Harlan Coben novel of the same name, its new on Netflix. Gotta say is very bingeworthy, very mysterious with lots of interlinking storylines within the plot. Its set in Stockport and has an excellent cast. Haven't reached the finale yet but so far I'd give it 8/10

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I liked Black Sails a lot. Got better as seasons went on generally speaking. Kind cool to see the story interwoven with some real life events in history, as well as some of the characters themselves being based on real people. Finale was actually mildly satisfying as well, which is rare.

OleBoiii

Seeing as most people have seen shows like Breaking Bad and The Wire, my go-to recommendations these days are the following:

Mr. Robot
Maybe my all-time favorite. An absolute masterpiece.

Dark
Simply great. Fantastic world-building and writing.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Probably the funniest sitcom out there. It doesn't become great until season 3, but seeing as there are 14(!) seasons so far it's worth the investment.

Brophs

The One and Only
Upright Is brilliant. Probably the best thing I've watched this year. Very funny at times but it also hits you in the feels. Very Australian but in a good way.
Yeah, it's fantastic. Absolutely loved it. It's very Detectorists-ish, in a way. The final five minutes absolutely did me in.

fergosaurus

Finished The Virtues, Stephen Graham is excellent as usual. It's a well made miniseries but one of the most heavy and depressing shows I've seen. It's on All4 if anyone fancies it.

I'm a couple of episodes into The Morning Show now and it's very good so far.

TheGame

I liked Black Sails a lot. Got better as seasons went on generally speaking. Kind cool to see the story interwoven with some real life events in history, as well as some of the characters themselves being based on real people. Finale was actually mildly satisfying as well, which is rare.
thanks, started it and enjoying it at the moment.

Ether

The Stranger was really good, didn't see where it was going at the start but it picked up quickly.

Handré1990

The Boys
The Expanse
Sneaky Pete
Bosch
Jack Ryan
Hanna

Fleabag is one of the funniest comedies I’ve seen!

Nialler

Alex's Dad
The Stranger was really good, didn't see where it was going at the start but it picked up quickly.

Finished it tonight and would highly recommend it, its basically a very well made mystery drama. I initially gave it 8/10 after five episodes but after the thrilling last three will increase that to 9/10

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Harley Quinn show on DC is good. It's animated but I imagine it's R rated because of language, themes and violence. Primarily a comedy, quite enjoyable.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Unbelievable (mini series Netflix)
Based on a true story about a young girl, think 16-18, who was brutally raped in her apartment. She ended up retracting her statement but in another state two detectives realise there’s a serial rapist on the loose but have no idea about this girl.

I watched all 8 episodes in 1 night it was that compelling.

Great acting and very thought provoking makes you realise how justice and getting justice is often down to blind luck of the intelligence and determination of the detective assigned to a case and also the victims intelligence and/or how she/he is perceived. That was made apparent in the contrast between the first and second episode.

James_42

Latest episode of Homeland was great. The ending tonight got me hyped for the rest of the season.

I know a lot of people dropped this show because it kinda fell off, but I feel like it made a recovery and the last few seasons have been good.

Hopefully they can give the show a satisfying ending.