Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

pauldyson1uk

During these last weeks:
I saw Kingdom, which I really liked.
Third season of Last Kingdom, still great.
Third season of the good doctor
the death of Doctor Meléndez has totally finished my interest
I started and abandoned Fleabag, Devs and MacMafia.
I'm in the third season of Billions, I like it but the first two seasons seemed more exciting and fun.
Right now I'm with Jack Ryan, very nice so far and looking forward to seeing the terror and into the night.
DEVS , I thought it was OK , could have been epic, the story was pretty decent.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Going back through that 70s show and it’s still a bloody classic. Fantastic show.

Just finished the good place and was quite good. Surprised I haven’t seen more people talk about it, although maybe I’ve just missed it.

Dead to me has a new season which is decent too.

Handré1990

Just finished the first three seasons of Line of Duty. It’s actually amazing. Sooo good! I was really surprised. Some of the most intense interrogation scenes I’ve ever seen. Excellent all around.

SirAnderson

Just finished the first three seasons of Line of Duty. It’s actually amazing. Sooo good! I was really surprised. Some of the most intense interrogation scenes I’ve ever seen. Excellent all around.
With an 8.6 rating on IMDb, I really ought to give it a go again, just couldn't get past the first 3 episodes for some reason.

Suv666

Done with the first season of Gomarrah. Its an Italian series about the mafia. One of the best crime shows I've seen in years. Absoultely amazing. Brillant storyline, top notch acting, realistic and filled with twists.

SirAF

Ageist
Going back through that 70s show and it’s still a bloody classic. Fantastic show.

Just finished the good place and was quite good. Surprised I haven’t seen more people talk about it, although maybe I’ve just missed it.

Dead to me has a new season which is decent too.
Red always makes me laugh :lol: Reminds me of my uncle actually.

SirAF

Ageist
Watched the first episode of Defending Jacob on Apple TV+ tonight. Pretty promising!

Roosney

Done with the first season of Gomarrah. Its an Italian series about the mafia. One of the best crime shows I've seen in years. Absoultely amazing. Brillant storyline, top notch acting, realistic and filled with twists.
The soundtrack is brilliant too.

SirAnderson

Man, I forgot about this. First season was really brilliant, need to make a note to finish this.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Normal People - watched under protest but the better half wanted to watch it so I complied. A bit soppy for the average Caf audience I'd say but surprisingly good.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Normal People - watched under protest but the better half wanted to watch it so I complied. A bit soppy for the average Caf audience I'd say but surprisingly good.
Same with me, watched it to keep the peace with Mrs Nialler, its actually not half bad, I'm only on episode 4 and will continue, some great acting.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Normal People is great. One of the best depictions of rural Ireland / university life I've seen (maybe even as good as Father Ted!), and the two leads are brilliant. The scene where Connell first walked into Trinity though the bustling Dublin traffic was so well done. Resonated a lot with me and many others.

United Hobbit

Aye, I'm two episodes in now.
I'm on about the 5th or 6th episode and still enjoying it

I know its not really a recommendation but know there have been threads about it in the past, but there are some new Undateables episodes (from March, but they seem to advertise them less nowadays so I completely missed it so just in case anyone else likes them but has also missed it)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s been mentioned before but just finished rewatching Unbelievable on Netflix and can’t recommend it enough.

Difficult watch, harrowing at times with being a true story, but gripping and some truly top drawer performances from several of the main characters.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sure it's been previously brought up here, but anyone a fan of Succession?

Finished the second season a couple of weeks ago and think it's up there with some of the best TV I've seen.

More recently, The Last Dance is comfortable the best sports doc I've seen, and Unorthodox is very good.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Unorthodox: (Netflix) Girl tries to escape her Ultra-Orthodox Jewish life. I thought I had it rough growing up in a strict Christian sect. This young lead actress has a big future. [Watch: Yes/No] - YES

ZeroZeroZero: (Amazon) Drug deal between people in Mexico and Italy goes all wrong. It’s sort of like Narcos with scenes set in Italy and elsewhere, without the law enforcement angle. [Yes/No] - Yes

The Pharmacist: (Netflix) Interesting true story about the opioid crisis in the US. It’s taken a backseat to the current pandemic, but the opioid epidemic here is still a thing. [Yes/No] - Yeah, but like with almost all these Netflix crime documentaries it could’ve been cut at least in half to streamline the narrative.

Much of the above viewing is not always light-hearted or suited for the kiddos. Also expect a lot of subtitles on the first two.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sure it's been previously brought up here, but anyone a fan of Succession?

Finished the second season a couple of weeks ago and think it's up there with some of the best TV I've seen.

More recently, The Last Dance is comfortable the best sports doc I've seen, and Unorthodox is very good.
Yep it's fantastic. Gets better and better. Tom and Greg's relationship is so good.

United Hobbit

Need your help again Please!

Have watched about 6 series of Spooks after someone on this thread recommended it but fancy a break so need your reccomendations again!

Shows I've liked: Spooks, Body Guard, Line of Duty, Luther (apart from the last 2 series) the Purge series on Amazon, Slasher.
Also in a different genre the F1 Drive to Survive on Netflix was excellent and SAS who dares wins with Ant Middleton and co. Also Derren Brown but unfortunately seen all his stuff.

So need some new shows. Preferably British. Hate over the top/ silly. Fine with gore or horror. Want something so gripping you instantly want to watch the next episode.

Relying on your help again as the Spooks recommendation from here was helpful and much utilised :)

Also really enjoying Defending Jacob but have fully caught up and waiting for the next episode

Last edited:

Cole9

So need some new shows. Preferably British. Hate over the top/ silly. Fine with gore or horror. Want something so gripping you instantly want to watch the next episode.
Peaky Blinders is definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it already.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Also in a different genre the F1 Drive to Survive on Netflix was excellent
If you like sporting documentaries the Last Dance on Netflix is meant to be excellent.

The All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime is great too, all the NFL ones have been really good watches.

SirAF

Ageist

Have watched about 6 series of Spooks after someone on this thread recommended it but fancy a break so need your reccomendations again!

Shows I've liked: Spooks, Body Guard, Line of Duty, Luther (apart from the last 2 series) the Purge series on Amazon, Slasher.
Also in a different genre the F1 Drive to Survive on Netflix was excellent and SAS who dares wins with Ant Middleton and co. Also Derren Brown but unfortunately seen all his stuff.

Relying on your help again as the Spooks recommendation from here was helpful and much utilised :)

Also really enjoying Defending Jacob but have fully caught up and waiting for the next episode
Tonight!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Was recently rewatching Extras with Ricky Gervais. If anybody has mastered the art of observational comedy better than him, I would like to know. The comedic timing between him and Ashley Jensen is near perfect. She plays her role brilliantly.

One of the funniest series on TV.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

Lj82

I have a year free of apple +. I dont recognise a single show on it. Is there anything any of you would recommend on the platform?
Just finished Home Before Dark.
Good watch.
Only thing for me is I always find journalists to have an inflated sense of self-importance, and this film perpetuates that quite a bit.
Still, I quite like the show.

United Hobbit

Ooh didnt realise it was the finale! Just about to start a film may have to stay up and watch it after!

Still as gripped by it have finally watched You liked the first season but struggling with the 2nd However Defending Jacob every episode has been gripping

I cant remember how to do spoilers would be interested to know if you think he did it or not

SirAF

Ageist
Ooh didnt realise it was the finale! Just about to start a film may have to stay up and watch it after!

Still as gripped by it have finally watched You liked the first season but struggling with the 2nd However Defending Jacob every episode has been gripping

I cant remember how to do spoilers would be interested to know if you think he did it or not
I’ve just started it! I’ll let you know.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Finishing Peaky Blinders. Seasons 1, 2 and 4 were good. 3 was all over the place. I'm really struggling with 5.