Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Finally got round to watching Norsemen and it’s one of the best shows I’ve seen in ages. Absolutely brilliant.

A bunch of the same actors from Lilyhammer too. Think I’ll rewatch that when I’m done.
Just finished Norsemen. It's great. Perfect entertainment for me. Even when it's not laugh out loud it's just fun silliness, but just the right amount of silly. Gutted they cancelled it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Don't know how many people have seen it but I'm rewatching Fringe at the moment. Walter is one of the best characters ever.
Loved Fringe. The final season wasn't all that but at its peak it was the best thing on TV.

SirAnderson

Has anyone seen Treadstone (the Bourne spin-off)? Bourne Identity is one of my favourite movies, but I'm wondering if 10 50-minute episodes are worth it..
It's good 7/10, but I personally found it a chore to finish for some reason. Still decent to watch, just couldn't get stuck in it. If you have nothing else to watch, give it a go.

BBer13

Just finished True Detective Season 3 and didn't think it was very good. Great acting but the storyline was poor.

I enjoyed the overall setting of season 3, the cast were excellent imo too. Like you said i think the storyline was the thing that let it down, the first episode i really enjoyed but then it got quite boring in parts but was worth a watch to see how it ended. better than season 2 but know where near as good as season 1.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Don't know how many people have seen it but I'm rewatching Fringe at the moment. Walter is one of the best characters ever.
Such a lovely show. Really loved the chemistry between the characters, the weird plots, and of course Walter. White Tulip is one of my favourite episodes of anything.

Should probably give this a rewatch actually.

Agent Red

Watching season 8 of Homeland. Such an excellent show.
A lot of people gave up on it early but it was a fantastic show that continually reinvented itself and has one of the best finales I can think of. I could hardly find anyone else watching it by the end but so glad I stuck with it.

A bit late to the game but I just watched ‘Flowers’ on Netflix (originally a C4 show) and enjoyed it. Kind of dark comedy drama with Julian Barrett and Olivia Colman that is loosely about mental illness. It’s written by one of the actors who was in Giri/Haji, which I also watched recently and really liked.

jrsenior

Watching Lost on Disney + with my 11 year son. We love it, so much better than I remembered.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A lot of people gave up on it early but it was a fantastic show that continually reinvented itself and has one of the best finales I can think of. I could hardly find anyone else watching it by the end but so glad I stuck with it.

A bit late to the game but I just watched ‘Flowers’ on Netflix (originally a C4 show) and enjoyed it. Kind of dark comedy drama with Julian Barrett and Olivia Colman that is loosely about mental illness. It’s written by one of the actors who was in Giri/Haji, which I also watched recently and really liked.
I think I lost interest and stopped watching around series 5. It should never have gone past series 1 with Brody detonating himself at the very end.

lsd

The Oracle
Just finished True Detective Season 3 and didn't think it was very good. Great acting but the storyline was poor.

Same and the ending was truly awful. I got sucked in by the hype saying it would be as good as season 1

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
@Solius Simce you’ve seen the 2 best Attack on Titan and Death Note. There still one last great anime left and it could be the best. Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Do I need to watch the other FMA series first? Seems like quite a few.

AaronRedDevil

Do I need to watch the other FMA series first? Seems like quite a few.
Nah just brotherhood. That's the beginning and the end. There was a show before it but it only had 1 season and it's the exact one. So FMA brotherhood is a better reboot. Currently watching it again. I'm on S4, it's leaves Netflix on the 13th of july. Takes 4 hours per season to finished. But it's worth it. The characters, brutality, comedy and story is brilliant.

lilcurt

Nah just brotherhood. That's the beginning and the end. There was a show before it but it only had 1 season and it's the exact one. So FMA brotherhood is a better reboot. Currently watching it again. I'm on S4, it's leaves Netflix on the 13th of july. Takes 4 hours per season to finished. But it's worth it. The characters, brutality, comedy and story is brilliant.
Parasite is a pretty good anime on Netflix too. Short but good. Agree FMA is amazing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I loved it. Last season dipper very very slightly maybe but nailed the end, which is rare.
Yeah, it's great. First two seasons the best in my opinion, but all of it very entertaining. I could take 5 seasons more to be honest.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Time on bbc I player is absolutely brilliant. Great story and performances. Sean Bean is actually really good for once and Stephen Graham is awesome as usual. Best thing I’ve seen on the BBC in years.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Time on bbc I player is absolutely brilliant. Great story and performances. Sean Bean is actually really good for once and Stephen Graham is awesome as usual. Best thing I’ve seen on the BBC in years.
Not really a fan of Graham after seeing him act like a typical needy kiss-arse actor in an interview once it really put me off him but going to give that a watch tonight.

Volumiza

Not really a fan of Graham after seeing him act like a typical needy kiss-arse actor in an interview once it really put me off him but going to give that a watch tonight.
Bloody good actor though. This is England is one of my favourite films and TV shows ever and he’s incredible in those. So intense.

RedDevilRoshi

Really enjoyed it too. Agree, both Sean Bean & Stephen Graham played their characters really well. Only gutting this is that it was only 3 episodes. Would have gladly binged another 6-7 episodes like a proper full season rather than a mini-series.

Nevertheless, it was definitely a terrific & recommended watch.

Volumiza

Really enjoyed it too. Agree, both Sean Bean & Stephen Graham played their characters really well. Only gutting this is that it was only 3 episodes. Would have gladly binged another 6-7 episodes like a proper full season rather than a mini-series.

Nevertheless, it was definitely a terrific & recommended watch.
Yep, cruelly short.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
just caught up on the S03 of Mr Inbetween, wow this season is even better

this is gearing up to be one of my favourite shows of all time

can't believe they're stopping at three seasons!
What a great last episode (2 episodes actually). So few shows plant the landing so well. The tension in the ambush and again in the final scene were excellent. Bloody brilliant.

I'm still debating who the 2 passengers were - not that's matters as the end works no matter what.

That look then the music.

Last edited:

parkthebuslads

Just started Dr Death :
As patients entering the operating room of Dr. Christopher Duntsch for routine spinal surgeries start leaving permanently maimed or dead, two fellow surgeons and a young Assistant District Attorney set out to stop him.
Pretty pedestrian so far, with only Christian Slater's character breathing a bit of life into it.

choccy77

Show;s that go bad fast!

So i took the plunge to watch Quantico last week.

Season 1 IMO was mostly really good and i literally binged it in 2 days.

But after that, season 2 was not great and now i've pretty much given up on season 3 all together.

Show's like this really put themselves in a corner. Season 1 literally had a good start, Middle and end over 22 episodes (perhaps 2 to many episodes).

They should have split this series over 2 or 3 shorter seasons leaving cliff hangers and it would have had a much better rep and legacy.

It's why i quite like the shorter 8 to 12 episode series they streaming sites do now. If done correctly it works.

choccy77

Gomorrah is unbelieve.

Perry Mason is decent. Gets better as it goes along.
OMG I started watching that when it came out & I think I totally forgot about it ...oops. That or I completely forgot what happened.

That's the problem when all the shows hit at same time.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
just caught up on the S03 of Mr Inbetween, wow this season is even better

this is gearing up to be one of my favourite shows of all time

can't believe they're stopping at three seasons!
What did you think of the finale? I thought E7 was great but the second half was a bit slow. But E8 and E9 were bloody brilliant imo. The end of E9 was perfect IMO. The opposite of shit endings like the Sopranos. Loved it.

Tarrou

What did you think of the finale? I thought E7 was great but the second half was a bit slow. But E8 and E9 were bloody brilliant imo. The end of E9 was perfect IMO. The opposite of shit endings like the Sopranos. Loved it.
Yeah, amazing. I'm still digesting it but definitely thought it ended well - and at the perfect time. Loved the nod to Tarrantino in the finale too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Watching season 8 of Homeland. Such an excellent show.
I was one of those who lost interest in Homeland when Brody was gone. Started watching it again last year, totally forgot what an incredible show it was.

Last edited:

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Just finished "Godless" on Netflix. Absolutely brilliant.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I was one of those who lost interest in Homeland when... Started watching it again last year, totally forgot what an incredible show it was.
Spoilers bro

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
@Wibble thanks for the recommendation on Mr Inbetween. Finished it last night, what an incredible show. Hilarious, brutal, depressing, heart wrenching in equal measure. Can't believe Scott Ryan hadn't done anything before this except the movie it's based on.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
@Wibble thanks for the recommendation on Mr Inbetween. Finished it last night, what an incredible show. Hilarious, brutal, depressing, heart wrenching in equal measure. Can't believe Scott Ryan hadn't done anything before this except the movie it's based on.
What did you make of the final scenes?

Do you think the passengers were sent to kill him, just idiots who were going to mug him or ????

It doesn't matter because that look followed by Run by AWOLNation was perfect. Shows that endings can be both ambiguous AND satisfying, but I'm still interested to see what others made of it.