Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
What did you make of the final scenes?

Do you think the passengers were sent to kill him, just idiots who were going to mug him or ????

It doesn't matter because that look followed by Run by AWOLNation was perfect. Shows that endings can be both ambiguous AND satisfying, but I'm still interested to see what others made of it.
I can't see how they could have been sent to kill him. Not sure how they could call his taxi? It seemed more to me that they were 2 random scumbags who killed people and robbed them at that beach. Ray had it figured out pretty early and just went with it knowing he could easily kill them. I think the point was that he could never actually escape who he was.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I can't see how they could have been sent to kill him. Not sure how they could call his taxi? It seemed more to me that they were 2 random scumbags who killed people and robbed them at that beach. Ray had it figured out pretty early and just went with it knowing he could easily kill them. I think the point was that he could never actually escape who he was.
That was exactly my take. I've watched the finale 3 x times now and I still think it is fecking brillant.

Massive Spanner

That was exactly my take. I've watched the finale 3 x times now and I still think it is fecking brillant.
So good.

Also want to point out how great an actress Britney is. It's really rare that you get a child in a TV show that isn't a really annoying character but her and Ray's interactions were hilarious at times.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So good.

Also want to point out how great an actress Britney is. It's really rare that you get a child in a TV show that isn't a really annoying character but her and Ray's interactions were hilarious at times.
Agreed. The bit with his father in the care home in the last episode was perfect.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So good.

Yeah, I kept thinking that throughout the series. Outstanding.

peridigm

just caught up on the S03 of Mr Inbetween, wow this season is even better

this is gearing up to be one of my favourite shows of all time

can't believe they're stopping at three seasons!
Fantastic show.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
3 episodes into ZeroZeroZero. It's good but not quite meeting my expectations so far. The Mogwai score is a highlight.

SirAnderson

Yeah also thanks for the recommendation @Wibble
Just finished watched season 3 now.
Honestly, it's up there with my all time 2 favorites.
Just sad it was over so quickly but I think that is also one of the main reasons why it's so good.

Would Totally recommend Mr In Between. 9/10. I'd say 10/10 if they gave us 1 more season :wenger:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've just started watching House for first time.
That was a properly great show.

Right until it wasn’t.

I can’t remember the turning point and you should watch it all anyway, it really was excellent for a good long time.

GueRed

Been dipping in and out watching Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown the past year.

Pure quality.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Watched the finale last night, it was so good I kept rewinding and rewatching the last 10 minutes. What an amazing character Ray is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Watched the finale last night, it was so good I kept rewinding and rewatching the last 10 minutes. What an amazing character Ray is.
I've watched from the ambush through to the end 3 times and it still seems perfect.

Massive Spanner

Best antihero since Tony Soprano I reckon. I can't think of another character I can go from sympathising with and liking so much to utterly disdain in the space of one scene in recent memory, yet despite all his brutal activities, rooting for him throughout. Even Walter White just became a total dick by the end. With Ray you felt like he had never known anything but violence in his life and couldn't escape it. Summed up perfectly by the final scene.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Really annoys me that nowhere in the UK shows it!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
We're just watching The Virtues. Shane Meadows written and starring Stephen Graham. Very good, great performance from Graham as usual ... hard viewing mind you, certainly not one to cheer you up.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I highly recommend Somos.

It's about how a Mexican cartel descendes on and infests a village called Allende, near the border to USA.

It covers many different perspectives. Low level dealers, law enforcement, well-off kids seemingly safe from the trouble, those corrupted by it all, the honest folk just trying to live their lives.

Available on Netflix. Six episodes.

SirAnderson

It's about how a Mexican cartel descendes on and infests a village called Allende, near the border to USA.

It covers many different perspectives. Low level dealers, law enforcement, well-off kids seemingly safe from the trouble, those corrupted by it all, the honest folk just trying to live their lives.

Sounds interesting, cheers. Will add it to the list.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I've watched from the ambush through to the end 3 times and it still seems perfect.
I like the idea that no matter what Ray did with his life he would always pathologically be the same in how he reacts to potential danger and how danger always seems to follow him, like when he said that when bad shit happens you shouldn't worry because good shit is always around the corner. I reckon those passengers he picked up in the last scene wished they never crossed his path. I don't think he's bad in an evil way its just that he only knows one way to deal with people who put it up to him by getting the first dig in. "

Last edited:

Roosney

Snabba Cash - Swedish street criminal / drug dealer drama. Highly recommend it, check your local Netflix for it.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Looks good. is it subtitled or dubbed?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I like the idea that no matter what Ray did with his life he would always pathologically be the same in how he reacts to potential danger and how danger always seems to follow him, like when he said that when bad shit happens you shouldn't worry because good shit is always around the corner. I reckon those passengers he picked up in the last scene wished they never crossed his path. I don't think he's bad in an evil way its just that he only knows one way to deal with people who put it up to him by getting the first dig in. "
I agree. So much conveyed by that look/smile followed by RUN

So good I just watched the last 20 mins for the 4th time.

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I just finished the final season of The Americans.. Thought it was really good actually, great actors, good story...

Its a slower show, like for example also Breaking Bad and The Wire, really introducing the story and setting the stage in stead of having a lot of action and thrill from the start..

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Going back to Deadwood as didn't finish it first time around. Onto S2 at the moment. Does anyone know if the film is available to watch in the UK?
Amazon Prime video. Other than that it was on Now TV.

We've just smashed through it all again, just a masterpiece.

Last edited: