Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Thanks, only to rent or buy on Prime. Thought it would be with the show on Sky but can't find anything. Where did you see it on Now TV, was it one of the Sky channels?
Pretty sure we watched it on Now tv / Sky Atlantic when the film first came out. Can’t quite remember.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah, about halfway through Mr Inbetween and really loving it. The guy playing Ray is brilliant and the entire cast is perfect - the girl playing Britt is sensational for a young actress. The show goes from funny to really dark with ease and is so gripping.

Widow

I've just watched channel 4's Before we die. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a 6 part thriller that isn't going to win any awards but it delivers a decent story with a good few twists and is played well by all.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I've heard nothing but amazing praise for Gomorrah and as a huge fan of Narcos I was told this would be right up my street, but I'm now 5 episodes in and I'm really struggling with it.. Is it a show that grows on you or would I be wasting my time if I keep watching in the hope it will become "more" than it is?

SirAnderson

I've heard nothing but amazing praise for Gomorrah and as a huge fan of Narcos I was told this would be right up my street, but I'm now 5 episodes in and I'm really struggling with it.. Is it a show that grows on you or would I be wasting my time if I keep watching in the hope it will become "more" than it is?
I can't judge your for that, seeing it too me over a year to watch season 2 after watching season 1.
While I enjoyed it and think it's a great show, I can understand how it won't be to everyone's liking.
I would say stick with it, it's the kinda show we're you grow together with its characters so you get more invested in it the deeper you go.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Best antihero since Tony Soprano I reckon. I can't think of another character I can go from sympathising with and liking so much to utterly disdain in the space of one scene in recent memory, yet despite all his brutal activities, rooting for him throughout. Even Walter White just became a total dick by the end. With Ray you felt like he had never known anything but violence in his life and couldn't escape it. Summed up perfectly by the final scene.
exactly how I felt but for Tony Soprano insert an Australian Ray Donovan without the glitz

Meller

I can't judge your for that, seeing it too me over a year to watch season 2 after watching season 1.
While I enjoyed it and think it's a great show, I can understand how it won't be to everyone's liking.
I would say stick with it, it's the kinda show we're you grow together with its characters so you get more invested in it the deeper you go.
I'd agree with the last part. I felt that season 2 is where it really gets going. Worth to stick with it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not sure many on here will watch it, but man do I get a kick out of Netflix's "Never Have I Ever"... Its sharp, witty, has fun characters and is way above your standard teen guff. Also John Mcenroe's narration really puts it up a level.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Recommend Sons of Anarchy, nearly to the end of Season 5 of it, great stuff.
I'm watching SOA now.
Mid season 2. Finding it hard to fully invest.

Why can't these studios just find actors from where their characters are from. Charlie Hunham isnt great at a yank accent and the people they have playing the Irish are abysmal.

Hoping it gets better.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I gave up on sons of anarchy about five episodes into the first season. Monster of the week type stuff.

Apparently there is some episode in Ireland or connected to Ireland that is so bad it is supposed to be hilarious.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
Watching Start Up on Netflix and really good so far. Top notch acting and interesting plot

TheGame

I'm watching SOA now.
Mid season 2. Finding it hard to fully invest.

Why can't these studios just find actors from where their characters are from. Charlie Hunham isnt great at a yank accent and the people they have playing the Irish are abysmal.

Hoping it gets better.
Yeah Charlie's accent does seem to change but it didn't bother me, thought it did well in the role. They got alot of flack for the episodes in Ireland purely for that reason. It didn't affect me and still thought it was good but yeah no idea why they didn't hire Irish actors.

TheGame

Personally I think it's one of the best shows ever and I would recommend sticking with it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I gave up on sons of anarchy about five episodes into the first season. Monster of the week type stuff.

Apparently there is some episode in Ireland or connected to Ireland that is so bad it is supposed to be hilarious.
There's like four or five episodes set in Ireland and it's honestly laughable.

I would say SOA is worth watching casually. Some good episodes but of course some terrible episodes and storylines. I'll say this though, the spin off show Mayans MC surprised me. It's much better than SOA especially seasons 2 and 3.

SirAnderson

Snabba Cash - Swedish street criminal / drug dealer drama. Highly recommend it, check your local Netflix for it.
Going to give this one another reply, finished it today. Neat and great show, brilliant storyline and acting. Only 6 episodes. Ending was pretty intense, well all throughout it had its moments as well. Will be interesting to see where they go with season 2 next year. Would give it a 8/10.

Superunknown

I've known people both in reality and online hyping up The Wire and it's just been one of those shows that has evaded me for all of this time. I finally started watching it last week and it's absolutely fecking awesome. :drool: I can see why it's highly thought of.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Cant do SOA anymore.

The characters are all too clean. The sets look like studios. Very bare and very unrealistic.
The storyline is just all over the place as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mr. Inbetween is pretty good. There’s something very genuine about the dialogue. People don’t beat around the bush.

wr8_utd

:'(
Just finished all 3 seasons of Mr. Inbetween within week. I think it's probably in the Top 10 shows I've ever watched. The final scene of the show is just absolutely brilliant.

wr8_utd

:'(
I agree. So much conveyed by that look/smile followed by RUN

So good I just watched the last 20 mins for the 4th time.
That RUN at the end is absolutely perfectly timed. That menacing smile and the music and the scene cutting off. Just absolute chills!