Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

wr8_utd

:'(
Finished 5 seasons of Rake in the last few weeks. Another great Aussie show after finishing Mr Inbetween.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is The West Wing worth a watch? I don't mind shows that 'feel' dated, I can fully appreciate the time period it was made so any dated stuff doesn't bother me. The Wire used pagers and The Wire is my GOAT show.

binary bot
Favourites are the sopranos, the wire, breaking bad and band of brothers - not a very unique collection. Any recommendations that aren't far off those in quality?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is The West Wing worth a watch? I don't mind shows that 'feel' dated, I can fully appreciate the time period it was made so any dated stuff doesn't bother me. The Wire used pagers and The Wire is my GOAT show.
I’ve never gave it a full watch, but there are many huge fans still to this day which says something.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Favourites are the sopranos, the wire, breaking bad and band of brothers - not a very unique collection. Any recommendations that aren't far off those in quality?
3 of those 4 are on HBO, which means you might have access to Deadwood and you absolutely must watch it.

Or Mad Men if you’re into that sort of thing. It’s a slow burn.

binary bot
3 of those 4 are on HBO, which means you might have access to Deadwood and you absolutely must watch it.

Or Mad Men if you’re into that sort of thing. It’s a slow burn.
I tried madmen in the past and found it slow. Knew I'd get into eventually but never gave it long enough.

I'll get stuck into deadwood though, cheers.

wr8_utd

:'(
The Shield, The Bureau (French show), The Leftovers, Succession.

Agent Red

I watched it about 7-8 years ago, so a while ago but also quite a bit after its original run and I really enjoyed it. I’d recommend it.

SirAnderson

El Marginal, absolutely superb crime/prison drama set in Buenos Aires, seriously check it out, all 3 seasons are quality.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5820976/
First few episodes seemed quite good, just had to put it on pause, I have to give some time between subtitled watching series every now and then. :wenger: But yeah, have season 1 and 2 downloaded and on the watchlist.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Gomorrah. Also Engrenages (Spiral)

Suv666

Watching Mare of East town. Decent series but it feels like an American remake of Broadchurch.

AaronRedDevil

Finished The Newsroom. Really good show. Mate of mine has been asking me to watch it for ages. Glad I did. The writing is very good, the characters are entertaining to watch. The acting was brilliant. Jeff Daniels and Emily Mortimer had great chemistry in every scene. Thought it would bore me but nope. Glad I watched it. Now I've D+, onto the marvel shows. Starting with Loki.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
End of The Shield season 5...

Those cnuts killed Lem. Oh I hope they die screaming.

Edit: It was just Shane. I'm ashamed to share my name with the prick.

Know what's annoying? Whenever I google anything about The Shield all the results come back for Agents of Shield. Must that putrid fecking Marvel wank infest everything? Cnuts.

Last edited:

SirAnderson

End of The Shield season 5...

Those cnuts killed Lem. Oh I hope they die screaming.

Edit: It was just Shane. I'm ashamed to share my name with the prick.

Know what's annoying? Whenever I google anything about The Shield all the results come back for Agents of Shield. Must that putrid fecking Marvel wank infest everything? Cnuts.
After chatting with you few weeks back I decided to rewatch it again, I am thoroughly enjoying it, even more so this time around I think. Only on season 3 right now, but man it is up there with the best.
Forgot how freaking loud the intro sound is :lol: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justsomebloke

Currently watching "The New Pope" on HBO, and finding it really riveting.

John Malkovich, Jude Law, Cecile de France, lots of great actors and great characters. Visually stunning, at times Fellini-like composition. One part "House of Cards"-like take on brutal Vatican intrigue, one part philosophical-spiritual venturing into the almost mystical. It's a weird mix, but very compelling, even to an old atheist such as myself.

We started watching it unaware that it's actually the sequel to "The Young Pope", which we haven't seen yet. That's worked well enough, but it may be advisable for others to be less stupid and watch the first series first.

JoaquinJoaquin

Binged both seasons of Godfather of Harlem, and thought it was great. Seems to be a very underrated show.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Lil Mike and Funny Bone buzzing around on their bikes rapping is hilarious.
I was telling a friend about Rez Dogs Sunday and mentioned that most of the actors are Native and relatively unknown so hopefully they can get into more roles from this success. I specifically said it's not just Wes Studi as the eternal Native American actor. Guess who shows up in the next episode. :lol:

Also Tanis from Letterkenny. :drool:

peridigm

I was telling a friend about Rez Dogs Sunday and mentioned that most of the actors are Native and relatively unknown so hopefully they can get into more roles from this success. I specifically said it's not just Wes Studi as the eternal Native American actor. Guess who shows up in the next episode. :lol:

Also Tanis from Letterkenny. :drool:
Ah yeah Deer Lady. Couldn’t figure out where I recognized her from.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Ozzy shows always seem a bit weird to me, like, they've got a tiny budget and don't know what music is.
They do often have a small budget and some are just utter crap like Neighbours and Home and Away and they often do lurch into melodrama but the best, e.g. Rake, Upright and Mr Inbetween are very very good indeed. And possibly the best use of music ever in the entire world is right at the end of the last series of Mr Inbetween.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Only Murders in the Building

New Hulu original comedy with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

Only 3 episodes out. First was ok, but next two were a drag. What could have been a good murder mystery is turning in to an swamp of unrelated junk. Actually funny moments are very few, but stylistically done well. Good acting, but no content.

Average till now.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Anyone else watched Yellowstone?

Kevin Costner as a big time rancher in a sort of Sucession/Sons of Anarchy mash up, just with horses instead of harleys.

Binged it in the last few weeks and enjoyed it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Anyone else watched Yellowstone?

Kevin Costner as a big time rancher in a sort of Sucession/Sons of Anarchy mash up, just with horses instead of harleys.

Binged it in the last few weeks and enjoyed it.
Yeah love it, great cheesy modern western.

Costner comes out with loads of absolute banger lines too.

Looks like season four got delayed big time by Covid though :(

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Just finished this and I mainly watched it because it had the fellow from Fauda. Its an engaging show but watching the bald fellow roam around all over NY in plain sight is a little hard to believe :lol:
Yeah I noticed that too, mentioned it to my wife "why is he wearing the same clothes all the time, especially the jacket?", aside from that it's pretty good

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
"See" on Apple TV looks like a great kind of setting, but the whole premise puts me off. May have to give it a go though.

Anyone seen it and can say if it's good or bad?

Searching for it on here is difficult so apologies if it's already been discussed.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Currently watching The White Lotus. It's enjoyable to an extent and I'll definitely see if through but there's not quite enough humour for what it aims to be.

Awesome theme tune though. As expected from HBO.