Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Widow

Just binged D I Ray.( 4 Eps at 45 mins)
Rated it as I liked Parminder Nagra back in the day...
Same people as Line of Duty and did have the same feel.
Hope they do a season 2
I thought it was bang average. Not a big fan of the cast and found them to be a little wooden. The short and limited number of episodes seemed to force them to rush through a few parts.

SirAnderson

Anyway peoples, what should I watch next, Deutschland 83, Sneaky Pete or Mr Robot??
I don't know Deutschland 83, so can't comment.

Mr Robot is good if you looking to watch something on the tech and dark side.

Sneaky Pete if you looking for some drama and con man.

If I were to chose, I'd do Sneaky Pete first, its 3 season only and quick, but Mr Robot is also good, but I can easily binge Sneaky Pete over Mr Robot, felt like I always needed to take a break after a few episodes of Mr Robot.

SirAnderson

Just saw a clip today again from The Bureau (Le Bureau des Légendes), would recommend it again to anyone who hasn't watch it, one of the best, if not the best spy craft series.
It's in French as well so be prepared to watch with subs, but absolutely worth it.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Anyway peoples, what should I watch next, Deutschland 83, Sneaky Pete or Mr Robot??
Deutschland 83 is a really good pick. Few seasons as well. Sneaky Pete( great)then Deutschland then Mr Robot

Spoony

The People's President
I don't know Deutschland 83, so can't comment.

Mr Robot is good if you looking to watch something on the tech and dark side.

Sneaky Pete if you looking for some drama and con man.

If I were to chose, I'd do Sneaky Pete first, its 3 season only and quick, but Mr Robot is also good, but I can easily binge Sneaky Pete over Mr Robot, felt like I always needed to take a break after a few episodes of Mr Robot.

Did you watch Doom Patrol? I'd recommend Counterpart too, I think it's top tier stuff. I like the look of Deutschland 83 because I've just finished Counterpart and for the same reason I feel like upping sticks and becoming a spy in Communist East Berlin...despite being a few years too late.

SirAnderson

Did you watch Doom Patrol? I'd recommend Counterpart too, I think it's top tier stuff. I like the look of Deutschland 83 because I've just finished Counterpart and for the same reason I feel like upping sticks and becoming a spy in Communist East Berlin...despite being a few years too late.
I have it downloaded, just haven't started with it.
Also saw the counterpart discussion, so it's on the list as well.

Right now I'm finishing Season 4 of Top Boy, then need to do Barry season 1. Then will do one of Doom or Counter after that, whichever genre I feel for then.

Took a look at Deutschland 83 now, its only 8 episodes so yeah that's a quick one so I suppose start with that. But if you really looking for Spy stuff, I just posted about The Bureau, its really amazing stuff, if you haven't watched it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just saw a clip today again from The Bureau (Le Bureau des Légendes), would recommend it again to anyone who hasn't watch it, one of the best, if not the best spy craft series.
It's in French as well so be prepared to watch with subs, but absolutely worth it.
Can you compare it to any spy shows?

SirAnderson

Can you compare it to any spy shows?
I would say a bit like Homeland, but much more real if I could use that word. Or The Spy, that would be a bit more closer.
Really gives a intense feeling about it's characters and you get heavily invested in it.
The first episode or so is a bit slow, so you need to stick with it. It's not fast pace action all the time also, but it has some really intense parts.

Spoony

The People's President
UOTE="SirAnderson, post: 28844433, member: 91437"]
I have it downloaded, just haven't started with it.
Also saw the counterpart discussion, so it's on the list as well.

Right now I'm finishing Season 4 of Top Boy, then need to do Barry season 1. Then will do one of Doom or Counter after that, whichever genre I feel for then.

Took a look at Deutschland 83 now, its only 8 episodes so yeah that's a quick one so I suppose start with that. But if you really looking for Spy stuff, I just posted about The Bureau, its really amazing stuff, if you haven't watched it.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah after your post I had a look at The Bureau, it looked good and I've shoved it on my list.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I would say a bit like Homeland, but much more real if I could use that word. Or The Spy, that would be a bit more closer.
Really gives a intense feeling about it's characters and you get heavily invested in it.
The first episode or so is a bit slow, so you need to stick with it. It's not fast pace action all the time also, but it has some really intense parts.
Groovy. I’ll check it out.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's up there in the Top 5 shows I've ever seen. I still wish they'd made another season like had been originally planned.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's incomparable honestly and shits all over spy shows like Homeland. It's French so it goes a bit under the radar but it's up there with the best shows you'll see.
Having trouble finding it on my go-to 0123 sites.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Winning Time - a touch cheesy, the basketball is okay, but it’s mindless fun & John C. Reilly is very good in it.

wr8_utd

Having trouble finding it on my go-to 0123 sites.
If I'm not wrong, and given your location, you should be able to watch it on Amazon Prime in the US. However, yes, it can be a bit of a challenge to "find" it elsewhere.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If I'm not wrong, and given your location, you should be able to watch it on Amazon Prime in the US. However, yes, it can be a bit of a challenge to "find" it elsewhere.
The only one available to watch is season 5 unfortunately. Thanks for the info though!

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah I checked out Sneaky Pete...I accidentally watched the last episode of season 1, sure it didn't make sense but I thought he would've eventually. I only realised when it went onto season 2. I've screwed that one up, haven't I.

SirAnderson

Yeah I checked out Sneaky Pete...I accidentally watched the last episode of season 1, sure it didn't make sense but I thought he would've eventually. I only realised when it went onto season 2. I've screwed that one up, haven't I.
Oh damn :lol: Yeah it's the kind that builds up to the end of the season, so you got spoilt bad. Can't recall all that happens in season 1 but I believe it sets up for a new arch in season 2.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Oh man :lol: yeah you've fecked it right up in fairness

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Season 5 of El Marginal has landed in Netflix. Its the best prison drama I've ever watched. Set in Buenos Aires, its brutally violent and very amusing, full of exceptional characters.

SparkedIntoLife

Season 5 of El Marginal has landed in Netflix. Its the best prison drama I've ever watched. Set in Buenos Aires, its brutally violent and very amusing, full of exceptional characters.
Yep, it's great but...

The writing was a bit odd in Season 5. Do you know if anything happened that might have caused that (i.e. there were supposed to be more episodes but it got cancelled mid season so they had to condense remaining storyline conclusions)? I'm thinking specifically the lack of follow up regarding Diosito's son, the weird emergence of Reborn without proper build up and Bardo's fairly sudden hostile takeover of Reborn. I enjoyed it overall and Diosito saving Miguel was a legendary moment. I even enjoyed the weird dance at the end. I was sorry not to see Cesar end up getting released, and Brian's fate was sad. Probably not the strongest season but I'll have fond memories of El Marginal overall.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Watching the new Episode of Barry right now. It’s just so ridiculously funny.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I never got around to watching the 4th season and probably won't. I enjoyed season 1 which was brilliant, but didn't really enjoy season 2 or 3.
I enjoyed season 1 but lost interest early on in season 2.

SirAnderson

@Spoony I completed season 1 of Counterpart yesterday. Interesting storyline but man did I have so many questions :lol:
Something tells me season 2 won't answer them all, but I do hope it gives some finality to it seeing it was cancelled after that.

Spoony

The People's President
@Spoony I completed season 1 of Counterpart yesterday. Interesting storyline but man did I have so many questions :lol:
Something tells me season 2 won't answer them all, but I do hope it gives some finality to it seeing it was cancelled after that.
Most will be answered in S2, SA. But yeah loads of questions that make your head spin!

Superden

ive watched just the first episode of of the new series of Better Call Saul. part of me doesnt want to watch the rest, as i end up binging it all, and i dont want it to end, as other than a few episodes left of ozark not much left out there. although i have noticed that theres 6 months of disney plus free with PS5 subs so might have to check out out some of the new marvel stuff...

wr8_utd

Bosch Legacy, which follows the events of the final season of Bosch, is now streaming on Amazon Prime.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
ive watched just the first episode of of the new series of Better Call Saul. part of me doesnt want to watch the rest, as i end up binging it all, and i dont want it to end, as other than a few episodes left of ozark not much left out there. although i have noticed that theres 6 months of disney plus free with PS5 subs so might have to check out out some of the new marvel stuff...
Try to find Under the Banner on Heaven on 0123, etc. Crazy, spooky shit.

SirAnderson

Bosch Legacy, which follows the events of the final season of Bosch, is now streaming on Amazon Prime.
I see the final 2 episodes drop 27th May, I will probably wait till then.

Its getting crazy good reviews though, higher than the original. Probably just the initial excitement of having a much beloved Bosch back, either way, looking forward to it.

lsd

The Oracle
Just noticed All4 have every season of Frasier so I'll be binging that a while while I wait for it's return

wr8_utd

I see the final 2 episodes drop 27th May, I will probably wait till then.

Its getting crazy good reviews though, higher than the original. Probably just the initial excitement of having a much beloved Bosch back, either way, looking forward to it.
I'm a little surprised by this. Admittedly, I only saw around half hour of the opening episode but it didn't feel quite like the original series even though the characters are largely the same. Maybe it improves a lot though. There's four episodes out right now so I'll give them a shot.