Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm a little surprised by this. Admittedly, I only saw around half hour of the opening episode but it didn't feel quite like the original series even though the characters are largely the same. Maybe it improves a lot though. There's four episodes out right now so I'll give them a shot.
It’s getting dinged a lot on Prime as there’s apparently mandatory commercials.

wr8_utd

:'(
It’s getting dinged a lot on Prime as there’s apparently mandatory commercials.
I think in the US, it's part of Amazon's freemium offering and not Prime itself and hence the commercials. Luckily, here in India, it's on Prime so we get to see it without any interruptions.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think in the US, it's part of Amazon's freemium offering and not Prime itself and hence the commercials. Luckily, here in India, it's on Prime so we get to see it without any interruptions.
Makes some sense, but it’s an irritant for Prime members. Oh, well.

wr8_utd

:'(
Makes some sense, but it’s an irritant for Prime members. Oh, well.
Oh, I would definitely be annoyed at paying full price for a Prime membership and yet have to sit through commercials for an "Amazon Original" TV show.

big rons sovereign

Been bingeing the Witcher this last week, it's not bad. I've not read the books or played the games so I've gone into it blind.
I'd say it's a bit like GOT only it's not shit.
Plenty of boob too. Which is always a good thing.

SirAF

Ageist
Is it true that Maddy get's much more screen time? I'm really hoping the quality is on par if not better than the original series.
Wish Jerry had he's own spin off actually.
Yes :drool:

I think it's brilliant, going to watch the sixth episode tonight.

SirAnderson

Yes :drool:

I think it's brilliant, going to watch the sixth episode tonight.
I never really took to her strongly in the original, and was irritating at times. Anyway, I suppose it being Legacy, meant that she would be assuming a bigger role in this one. It's currently rated higher than Bosch itself, so they doing something right.
I'm tempted to not wait for the 27th and just start already, but I have enough on my plate for now. :wenger:

SirAF

Ageist
I never really took to her strongly in the original, and was irritating at times. Anyway, I suppose it being Legacy, meant that she would be assuming a bigger role in this one. It's currently rated higher than Bosch itself, so they doing something right.
I'm tempted to not wait for the 27th and just start already, but I have enough on my plate for now. :wenger:
Boo! :D

It's definitely worth a try - I really like that they've kept that "LA vibe". I still feels like the city itself is a character in the show.

SirAnderson

What's also cool about Godfather of Harlem is that the characters are based on real folk and some of the historical events are incorporated so well into it. It's a really well written series.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Yep that’s fine but just where it’s on a official streaming service/channel then it would be useful to know. Not looking for disclosures of any dodgy sites.
I always use JustWatch:
https://www.justwatch.com/

Integrates all the streaming/pay sites snd shows you where you can watch whatever movie or tv series.
It’s also useful as it shows what quality they are available in too.

Spoony

The People's President
What's also cool about Godfather of Harlem is that the characters are based on real folk and some of the historical events are incorporated so well into it. It's a really well written series.
The bloke playing Malcolm X has done a brilliant job. Cracking stuff.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just see there's a series of The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix that came out last week, anyone watch it yet?
Pulling only 7.7 on imdb.

Getting good scores on rotten Tomatoes.

Is it monster of the week stuff or is it built around two or three stories. I hate monster of the week stuff.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I started watching The Staircase. The HBO version. I was skeptical going in because I've obviously watched the Netflix documentary on the true story, but I got to say it's really good so far. Surprisingly gripping even though you know what's going to happen. It also helps that you still don't really know if he's innocent or guilty. I flip back and forth, to be honest.

SirAnderson

Getting good scores on rotten Tomatoes.

Is it monster of the week stuff or is it built around two or three stories. I hate monster of the week stuff.
Yeah it seems decent.
Looks like it has a season storyline arc based on that trailer, but maybe with some cases in between or something? Not sure.
Will add it to the list but under 8, means it doesn't jump the queue. Doesn't look as gripping as Goliath season 1.

Hopefully someone here can break the ice and watch it and let us know how it is.

SirAnderson

I started watching The Staircase. The HBO version. I was skeptical going in because I've obviously watched the Netflix documentary on the true story, but I got to say it's really good so far. Surprisingly gripping even though you know what's going to happen. It also helps that you still don't really know if he's innocent or guilty. I flip back and forth, to be honest.
I kept seeing the trailer pop up for this one. I didn't care for wanting to watch te Netflix doc for some reason, I don't know why, the story just didn't appeal to me. Kinda assumed the guy was guilty and Netflix added some drama to make us question things.
May give it a watch at some point only because the cast looks good.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yeah it seems decent.
Looks like it has a season storyline arc based on that trailer, but maybe with some cases in between or something? Not sure.
Will add it to the list but under 8, means it doesn't jump the queue. Doesn't look as gripping as Goliath season 1.

Hopefully someone here can break the ice and watch it and let us know how it is.
Yea that is grand as long as it is not murder she wrote every episode.

I watched goliath season 1 and thought it was brilliant. But then read season 2 was terrible so i didnt bother with it.

SirAnderson

Yea that is grand as long as it is not murder she wrote every episode.

I watched goliath season 1 and thought it was brilliant. But then read season 2 was terrible so i didnt bother with it.
Murder she wrote :lol:

Yeah I wouldn't recommend it either, it really falls off a cliff and gets super weird. I just finished it hoping it would get back to season 1s brilliance, but sadly it didn't.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I kept seeing the trailer pop up for this one. I didn't care for wanting to watch te Netflix doc for some reason, I don't know why, the story just didn't appeal to me. Kinda assumed the guy was guilty and Netflix added some drama to make us question things.
May give it a watch at some point only because the cast looks good.
I'd definitely recommend watching the Netflix doc first.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Thanks for the spoiler.

SirAnderson

Just see there's a series of The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix that came out last week, anyone watch it yet?
Pulling only 7.7 on imdb.

Decided to give it 2 episodes, and while there's some cheesiness to it, I am definitely intrigued by the storyline to see how it unfolds.

@Hugh Jass its as I predicted, big overall storyline for the season, with small cases each episode that builds up the different characters in the series.

A bit like Bosch meets Suits.

Bosch - the main characters balcony gave me Bosch house vibes immediately. Also has a daughter dynamic. It's in LA as well.

Suits - for the witty attempts and the 'rabbit out of the hat' lawyering solutions.

I think 7.7 is about spot on for it.

I just hope they finish the main plot and not end it on a cliffhanger, cause then I'd be pissed.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Decided to give it 2 episodes, and while there's some cheesiness to it, I am definitely intrigued by the storyline to see how it unfolds.

@Hugh Jass its as I predicted, big overall storyline for the season, with small cases each episode that builds up the different characters in the series.

A bit like Bosch meets Suits.

Bosch - the main characters balcony gave me Bosch house vibes immediately. Also has a daughter dynamic. It's in LA as well.

Suits - for the witty attempts and the 'rabbit out of the hat' lawyering solutions.

I think 7.7 is about spot on for it.

I just hope they finish the main plot and not end it on a cliffhanger, cause then I'd be pissed.
Is it different from the movie?