Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Decided to give it 2 episodes, and while there's some cheesiness to it, I am definitely intrigued by the storyline to see how it unfolds.

@Hugh Jass its as I predicted, big overall storyline for the season, with small cases each episode that builds up the different characters in the series.

A bit like Bosch meets Suits.

Bosch - the main characters balcony gave me Bosch house vibes immediately. Also has a daughter dynamic. It's in LA as well.

Suits - for the witty attempts and the 'rabbit out of the hat' lawyering solutions.

I think 7.7 is about spot on for it.

I just hope they finish the main plot and not end it on a cliffhanger, cause then I'd be pissed.
I will give it a watch some time. I have so much on my list though.

Widow

Startup

I've watched the whole show over the past couple of weeks and really enjoyed it. All three main characters made me like and hate them at different parts of the show and it was frustrating to see smart people make some stupid decisions.

My only real complaint is how it finished. I realise it was cancelled but we are just left dangling on what would/ ould happen next. It definitely feels like the story has legs, it's a shame really.

7.5/10

SirAnderson

Startup

I've watched the whole show over the past couple of weeks and really enjoyed it. All three main characters made me like and hate them at different parts of the show and it was frustrating to see smart people make some stupid decisions.

My only real complaint is how it finished. I realise it was cancelled but we are just left dangling on what would/ ould happen next. It definitely feels like the story has legs, it's a shame really.

7.5/10
Yeah pretty spot on with the review and rating I'd say. Definitely a disappointment when it was cancelled while you get shows like Equalizer and shite that get renewed.

Dante

Average bang
Undone (Amazon Prime)

Just finished watching season 2. I really enjoyed. It's a relatively short series, so I'd definitely recommend it as a quick story to sit through in an evening or two.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Undone (Amazon Prime)

Just finished watching season 2. I really enjoyed. It's a relatively short series, so I'd definitely recommend it as a quick story to sit through in an evening or two.
Oh amazing, didn't know there was a 2nd season. The first was brilliant.

Raulduke

Watched the first episode of Prehistoric Planet yesterday with my dinosaur mad 6 year old son. Very impressive so far, just like Planet Earth but with dinosaurs.

SirAnderson

I will give it a watch some time. I have so much on my list though.
Ended up watching it all (Lincoln Lawyer), and like Nialler said, it is full of the run of the mill cliches and tricks, but I still enjoyed it overall, even though you kinda know where it is going. The ending is also clearly setting up for a season 2, which would be interesting to see where they go with that.

Still, it's best to say it's a filler kind of series, so no one would be missing much if they skip it, but it's good enough to watch if you have nothing else, which most of the time isn't the case for folk in here.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ended up watching it all (Lincoln Lawyer), and like Nialler said, it is full of the run of the mill cliches and tricks, but I still enjoyed it overall, even though you kinda know where it is going. The ending is also clearly setting up for a season 2, which would be interesting to see where they go with that.

Still, it's best to say it's a filler kind of series, so no one would be missing much if they skip it, but it's good enough to watch if you have nothing else, which most of the time isn't the case for folk in here.
Thanks. I will put it on a very long list to watch.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Absolute rubbish wasn’t it.

I wonder if this Night Sky on Prime is any good, could be as boring as Outer Range.
I loved Outer Range myself, thought it was great. But if you thought it was rubbish, you likely wouldn't like Night Sky either.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Anbody watch Superstore? I can't believe how this got six seasons and went by me unnoticed until now, having a blast with the first two seasons so far. :D

For the Outer Range-appreciators: Have you seen, and, if yes, what's your opinion of, Tales from the Loop?

Nialler

Alex's Dad

Style wise it reminded me of "Bosch" but it's not nearly as good.

Watching "Bosch Legacy", 8 episodes in, Harry is now a private eye after retiring from the LAPD, its very good.

SirAnderson

Style wise it reminded me of "Bosch" but it's not nearly as good.

Watching "Bosch Legacy", 8 episodes in, Harry is now a private eye after retiring from the LAPD, its very good.
Yeah it lends a few things from it but it has nothing on it. I believe it's the same director, so can see the connection.

Will be starting legacy next week, think the last episode drops on Friday. I just hope it is as good as the original, I'll admit I have doubts with Maddy taking more screen time than Bosch himself, but the PI angle definitely sounds interesting, and if they keep it to the similar pattern of a storyline arc over the entire season.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Yeah it lends a few things from it but it has nothing on it. I believe it's the same director, so can see the connection.

Will be starting legacy next week, think the last episode drops on Friday. I just hope it is as good as the original, I'll admit I have doubts with Maddy taking more screen time than Bosch himself, but the PI angle definitely sounds interesting, and if they keep it to the similar pattern of a storyline arc over the entire season.
Both based on Michael Connelly books, he is also an executive producer of both. Bosch Legacy won't let you down, the Maddy arc isn't too bad, I'm looking forward to the last three episodes.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I gave that Pam and Tommy thing on Disney+ a go. Much better than I expected. Seth Rogen was surprisingly very good in it. You certainly hate, then like, then hate Tommy Lee as the series goes on. No idea how much of it is factual, but it's decent either way.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Well well, didn't know that. Interesting, getting a whole Dick Wolf world thing going here :D

Shame that Lincoln lawyer isn't as good though, but passable.
I think Haller is in about 8 novels and Bosch is also in about half of those.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

SirAnderson

Starting From tonight, Unravel the mystery of a city in middle U.S.A. that imprisons everyone who enters. As the residents struggle to maintain a sense of normalcy and seek a way out, they must also survive the threats of the surrounding forest.
https://www.imdb.com/video/vi930923289/?playlistId=tt9813792?ref_=ext_shr_lnk
Looks messy. Let me know how it goes in the end, looks like one of those you want to see if it gets renewed first, probably a massive cliffhanger to end it with as well.

SirAnderson

On another note, I realized that somehow I missed Season 5 of The Good Fight, not sure how! So good series, got a bit wacky in season 4, and by the looks of the trailer of season 5 it will get even more wackier.

kthanksbye

Finished watching the 100 a few weeks ago, I'd definitely recommend, the first 5 seasons. 6 and 7 were not up to the mark.

In fact, I'd say just aim to watch season 1 (13 episodes), then evaluate if you want more of that. I quite liked it.