Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Watched a few great series recently -

The Bear - 8.5/10
Severence - 9/10
This is going to hurt - 8/10

Halfway through Mr Inbetween which is a solid 8 so far!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I finished Black Bird which was very good but slightly anticlimactic in the end, and I watched the first episode of Under the banner of heaven last night which I really liked (though I'm bias when it comes to Andrew Garfield).

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I finished Black Bird which was very good but slightly anticlimactic in the end, and I watched the first episode of Under the banner of heaven last night which I really liked (though I'm bias when it comes to Andrew Garfield).
Y'think? Thought the ending was brilliant myself, and it is based on the memoirs of Jimmy Keene himself so I'm assuming that's exactly how things went down.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Y'think? Thought the ending was brilliant myself, and it is based on the memoirs of Jimmy Keene himself so I'm assuming that's exactly how things went down.
Oh yeah, not criticizing the veracity or anything, but I felt it was building up to something... bigger? I can't quite put my finger on it, but the last 30mns felt a little bit rushed for me.

AkaAkuma

Slow horses on Apple TV was very good. Gary Oldman uses flatulences as a serious aspect of his character.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Oh yeah, not criticizing the veracity or anything, but I felt it was building up to something... bigger? I can't quite put my finger on it, but the last 30mns felt a little bit rushed for me.
I guess ultimately he was a serial liar (as well as killer) who constantly back tracked on his confessions, so only getting 2 out of the ten's of women he killed was a bit anti climactic, maybe, especially with the map being burnt. Plus ultimately after all the investigative work of the police it was after a guilt trip and beers with his brother that they were able to convict him.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I guess ultimately he was a serial liar (as well as killer) who constantly back tracked on his confessions, so only getting 2 out of the ten's of women he killed was a bit anti climactic, maybe, especially with the map being burnt. Plus ultimately after all the investigative work of the police it was after a guilt trip and beers with his brother that they were able to convict him.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Not a fundamental criticism of the show, which is great, just felt the ultimate "delivery" wasn't quite as good as all the build-up to it.

AaronRedDevil

Just finished Hell on wheels. What an amazing show. I've been dying to watch this for years. All the characters were individually brilliant. Colm Meaney and Anson Mount carried this show. Common was surprisingly good in his role. The Swede was a great villian throughout the show. Definitely recommend watching it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just finished episode 5 of Five Days at Memorial. I cannot remember being so emotionally spent after watching something. Some of it is personal on the Katrina level & family level, but I would have still been substantially moved regardless.

Andersons Dietician

Last episode of Alchemy of Souls added To Netflix today. Season is worth a watch if you’re into fantasy/nnja stuff. It has everything, it was funny, charming, quirky, Emotional, suspenseful, exciting. Brilliant characters and just a well constructed series.
I really enjoyed and really think it deserves some attention. Seemingly series 2 starts in December, given the ending of S1 honestly can’t wait.

Suv666

Succession is such a great show. Probably one of the best on TV right now. Top notch writing. Although the lastest season wasn't as amazing as the previous one. Still a solid 8.5/10.

Suv666

Can anyone recommend me some good shit on Apple?
I think I haven't seen a single Apple TV series

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Watching AP Bio. Decent enough. Weird seeing Dennis in another sitcom but the character isn't a million miles away from Dennis anyway.

The girl with glasses is funny.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Anyone watched "See" with Jason Momoa? Reviews aren't great, but I love the premise and it's survived three seasons. Worth it or no?
I enjoyed the first season immensely. The fight scenes are epic and the mad queen is played brilliantly. Only watched a couple of episodes of the second season before getting distracted by other shows but I'd definitely recommend watching a few episodes to see if it floats your boat.

Maroon Lucifer

I enjoyed the first season immensely. The fight scenes are epic and the mad queen is played brilliantly. Only watched a couple of episodes of the second season before getting distracted by other shows but I'd definitely recommend watching a few episodes to see if it floats your boat.
thank you :)

Tiber

Obviously not an unknown show, but I watched the first 2 episodes of Suits tonight, really enjoying it. The 2 main characters are both brilliant

Not sure how this show passed me by for so long

Last edited:

Member 125398

For anyone who likes historical drama and doesn't mind subtitles, I highly recommend Pachinko on Apple TV. It's adapted from an amazing novel and deals with the Japanese occupation of Korea in the 20th century.

Roosney

Undercover is a good show on Netflix. It's a Belgian crime drama about a couple of undercover cops who infiltrate an ecstasy kingpin's inner circle. It's 3 seasons long. A good 8/10
1st season was really great but then it went downhill. I stopped watching half way thru season 2.

It's probably mentioned already but Under the Banner of Heaven. I have two episodes left and I cant wait to get off work so I can finish it.
Andrew Garfield is brillant.
I think this show looks good but if you see past that, it is a bit shit. Like, the main character's family has been found slaughtered just hours before and now he's having these wannabe weirdo chats with the detectives about some historical religious events and that takes up most of the air time.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
1st season was really great but then it went downhill. I stopped watching half way thru season 2.

I think this show looks good but if you see past that, it is a bit shit. Like, the main character's family has been found slaughtered just hours before and now he's having these wannabe weirdo chats with the detectives about some historical religious events and that takes up most of the air time.
You realize that the show was depicting real life events, yes? Of course there’s liberties taken at times, but apparently the show stayed pretty close to Krakauer’s book.

Roosney

You realize that the show was depicting real life events, yes? Of course there’s liberties taken at times, but apparently the show stayed pretty close to Krakauer’s book.
Yeah I am knowledgeable of that but still the scripting or acting is way off.

caid

Succession is such a great show. Probably one of the best on TV right now. Top notch writing. Although the lastest season wasn't as amazing as the previous one. Still a solid 8.5/10.
I kind of felt the first season was excellent but it just was recycling the same storyline over and over beyond that point. There was usually a few good burns to laugh at but it just became stale very quickly.

Tony247

The Outsider on HBO is gripping. No-nonsense story and dialogues. Good acting too.

Tony247

I can only assume you haven’t watched the whole thing cause it’s full of nonsense.
That's okay. We both don't need to have exact same taste and it doesn't mean what we like is bad. I know many who liked The Outsider and also who didn't. Depends on person to person.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I really need something new to watch. Resorted to watching virgin river based on the Mrs recommendation. Gave up after 2 episodes

Ahmer Baig

Kingdom is another amazing Korean series. If you are into zombies and medieval period politics, this series is for you.

tomaldinho1

The White Lotus is an easy watch which builds to become pretty funny if anyone seen that, would recommend.