Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

NewDawnFades

Patrice was the shit.

Have you heard the NPR interview where Louis is talking about the Eddie episode with Doug Stanhope in it? He starts crying talking about how it applied to Patrice retrospectively, knowing someone who's hurting themselves but not being able to step in to stop it. Incredible episode too, Doug can act.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
How could you possibly get through 1 and a half seasons of something you think is terrible?
Maybe not terrible.. but its a bit "meh" imo. I dont really see how curb can be said to have multilayered plot lines. Its very basic at least when it comes to single-episode plotlines. I have no idea wether it gets more multilayered cross-episodes as it goes on but the stuff Ive seen is certainly not showcasing writing skill. Every episode is easy to call after seeing the initial conflict. For instance; Larry goes to a restaurant and starts whining about tipping. Then he has to go back to the restaurant later because he forgot something there. Anyone who has seen an hour of television will know that the guy he didnt tip is going to show up and make it difficult for him.

The episodes are very short and the first season is a pilot season. Thats how Ive gotten through 1 and a half seasons. I want to give something a real try before deciding wether its for me or not. On my first run through of Arrested Development it took quite a few episodes before I got into it, and its now easily one of my favorite shows ever.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just finished watching S1 of Suits; really enjoyed it, very sharp.

Looking forward to season two.

Flying Fox

I'm halfway through the complete series of Outrageous Fortune. Kiwi comedy/drama about a criminal family who tries to go straight once the patriarch is jailed. Very enjoyable so far

Cina

Just started airing in the states. EP2 is tonight.

And Cina, everyone I know says S2 of 24 is the best.
They're wrong, and I'm right.

Admittedly it's ages since I've seen it but I always remember thinking 2 was the worst of 1 to 4.

Zen

They always gave up on 24 in the second half of the seasons....3 was probably the most consistent really, but 1 and 2 had bigger highs in their first halves, after they decided to change it to the Jack Bauer Action Power Hour after season 3, it became pretty garbage on the whole. Fun garbage mind you, but still garbage.

Moz

Just started watching Southland. Two episodes into season one and I'm very impressed so far.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Watched The Wire, Breaking Bad and Dexter so far. Plan to watch Game of Thrones soon as well.

Is there any other shows that are recommended for Crime/Action/Thriller that are top notch? I am thinking about Sopranos. Is that worth while in those genres though?

Ralaks

Was considering starting this. Will the fact I have no interest/don't like motorcycles have any effect on my enjoyment?
I have no interest in motorcycles and I loved the show

It's made by Kurt Sutter who worked on the Shield which I assume you liked since you recommended it. I've never seen the shield (still on my to watch list) but I would guess that if you might like more stuff from Sutter if you liked his previous work.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I only started watching Boardwalk Empire recently and I am loving it.

kps88

I have no interest in motorcycles and I loved the show

It's made by Kurt Sutter who worked on the Shield which I assume you liked since you recommended it. I've never seen the shield (still on my to watch list) but I would guess that if you might like more stuff from Sutter if you liked his previous work.
Yeah I knew about Sutter. I heard Jimmy Smits joined the new season and I'm a fan of his as well. Will put it on my watch list.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Deadwood, Trailer Park Boys, Arrested Development, Game of Thrones, Rome, The Thick of It

Archer, It's Always Sunny In Philly, Sons Of Anarchy, The Shield, The Office (USA), OZ, Boardwalk Empire, The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Generation Kill, Parks and Recreation, South Park, Six Feet Under, Band of Brothers, Sherlock, Twin Peaks

Jericho, 24, Freaks & Geeks, Peep Show, Dexter, The X Files, Modern Family, Community, The Walking Dead, True Blood, Entourage, Luther

My list, not in order, but in rough tiers, although I'd move a couple up and down depending on how recently I've seen them.

Sally Cinnamon

Boardwalk Empire seemed promising at the beginning, but it's a bit shit. I didn't watch the second season.

Sally Cinnamon

Watched The Wire, Breaking Bad and Dexter so far. Plan to watch Game of Thrones soon as well.

Is there any other shows that are recommended for Crime/Action/Thriller that are top notch? I am thinking about Sopranos. Is that worth while in those genres though?
If I were you I'd watch Homeland, there's only 12 episodes so you'll be done by the time it starts back at the end of the month. The first season was really good.

Agent Red

Just watched the first episode of Breaking Bad. Took me a couple of minutes to realise it was the bloody Dad from Malcolm in the Middle though.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I'm about 3 weeks/episodes away from finishing The Soprano's (:()

I need ideas for what to watch next. Here is a short-list of my current favourite shows.

Lost, Peep Show, Only Fools & Horses, Soprano's & Office UK

From that what will be the next show I absolutely love? :D

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I'm about 3 weeks/episodes away from finishing The Soprano's (:()

I need ideas for what to watch next. Here is a short-list of my current favourite shows.

Lost, Peep Show, Only Fools & Horses, Soprano's & Office UK

From that what will be the next show I absolutely love? :D
The Wire, The Wire or The Wire

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I should have mentioned, I watched the first episode of The Wire before, and it bored me to tears. Should I give it another shot then?

Cina

I should have mentioned, I watched the first episode of The Wire before, and it bored me to tears. Should I give it another shot then?
Yes, it's a slow burner. Give it til episode 8 or 9, I don't know anyone who has made it that far who hasn't ended up watching the whole thing and loving the show.

By the way, too few mentions of Parks and Recreation here, the best comedy on TV bar none.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Me too . Just couldn't get into it. Worth persevering then? And is there another series comparable ?
Me 3, although I did manage to go to 4th episode and to be fair I started liking it but then I didn't watch it for like 2 weeks and then there wasn't any desire to start watching it again.

I think you really need to get into to really appreciate it, I will one day, not now though.

On another note, one question, I absolutely loved the first season of lost. First 13 episodes of 2nd season weren't that great, though they weren't bad either but it started to become a little silly. I gave up after that and haven't seen it for like 3 months.

So 1 question, should I watch more of it? Or is it just downhill from now on?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Me too . Just couldn't get into it. Worth persevering then? And is there another series comparable ?
Not really. It might seem like a normal goodies vs baddies cop show at first but's it's much more than that, as it delves incredibly deep into different factions of the city of Baltimore. It's the greatest tv show of all-time.

Cina

Well Homicide: Life on the Streets and The Corner are, but they're made by the exact same people.

Lastwolf

The Wire is a slow burner for sure. I'm surprised it ever made it as many series, as it did, in this day and age. I'd always seen it on late at night on channel 4, used to watch a few minutes before tapping out to sleep.

Never appreciated it, till I watched it in full, it's proper crescendo stuff, the later episode really pick up some steam and your hooked, almost every series is the same the slow start, brilliant near the end. It's a freight train of a series.