Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Jesus, the end of season two of Mr. Inbetween really tore me up.
Not at all what you imagine when you start S1.

The end of S3 is also brilliant in different ways. Not many shows that plant the landing so well.

Last edited:

SirAnderson

All this Mr Inbetween talk makes me want to go watch it again.
It's so damn close to being my favorite, just sad they couldn't make more, but I completely understand why, the amount itself is also what contributes to making it so good.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not at all what you imagine when you start S1.

The end of S3 is also brilliant in different ways. Not many shows that plant the landing so well.
Just got done with the series about an hour ago.

I totally agree. While I would have loved another season out of pure greed, all major loose ends were tied off pretty much effortlessly. Didn’t agree with how all of them played out, but ‘sticking the landing’ is a proper way to describe the show’s finale.

An unexpectedly brilliant show for me.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just got done with the series about an hour ago.

I totally agree. While I would have loved another season out of pure greed, all major loose ends were tied off pretty much effortlessly. Didn’t agree with how all of them played out, but ‘sticking the landing’ is a proper way to describe the show’s finale.

An unexpectedly brilliant show for me.
In particular I thought
the ambush action sequence was excellent, the final confrontation with Freddy was all the better for not taking the obvious option with Ray walking away and of course the final taxi journey was horribly tense and very satisfying - RUN.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
In particular I thought
the ambush action sequence was excellent, the final confrontation with Freddy was all the better for not taking the obvious option with Ray walking away and of course the final taxi journey was horribly tense and very satisfying - RUN.
Loved his smile at the end. Don’t think those two punks fared very well in the coming minutes.

wr8_utd

:'(
Seen three episodes of the new season of Mayor of Kingstown and it's every bit as good as S1 imo.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Loved his smile at the end. Don’t think those two punks fared very well in the coming minutes.
The smile then breaking the 4th wall was great - RUN

I also thought it had a big element of him accepting that he couldn't entirely run away from his nature

RedDevilRoshi

Finished Beef on Netflix. Thought it started off pretty good but it started becoming a bit stale midway through. Decent finale but overall wouldn’t class it as a “must watch” series.

Going to start Succession and I have 6 months free Apple TV that I still need to activate and gonna give Ted Lasso a watch.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Just watched the new 'Dear Mama' documentary on the life of Tupac and his mum.

It's produced by the defiant ones group so has that same feel, I'm biased as a massive Tupac fan, but I'd recommend it to almost anyone as it's near perfectly done.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not one single bad episode on Tariq, 3 seasons in. Is it too much to suggest it might be better than the original Power?

wr8_utd

:'(
On the finale of Season 2 of Mayor of Kingstown and just feels like they've made it needlessly complicated and intentionally muddled when it could have all been resolved.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just finished the second episode of Blue Lights, pretty engaging so far. The female protagonist is a doppelganger of my ex-fiancee.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's great, gets even better as it goes along.
Just started e 5, definitely on an ascendant path.

Disappointing that it is only six episodes long though.

e - glad it’s been renewed for a second season, but it’s disappointing that it won’t air til at least next spring.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
FIVE DAYS AT MEMORIAL

A dramatisation of the events that unfolded at Memorial Hospital in New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, starring Vera Farmiga as a surgeon whose actions at the hospital on the 5th day come under scrutiny in the aftermath.

This show does not sugarcoat the abhorrent conditions at the hospital as they lose power and the building turns into a cooker, slowly dissolving into a war zone (a character compares the evacuation to the Fall of Saigon). Without spoiling anything, it expertly conveys the grey area that is end-of-life patient care in the event of a disaster and exposes the utter failure of government at every level.

As much as I enjoyed the first two thirds of the show covering each day in the hospital, I actually liked the final third - which is more of a procedural - even more.

Highly recommended and also feck you @calodo2003 for making watch that good boy be put to sleep.

8/10