Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Any Genre.

Never been interested in any Tv series - except LOST, which i didn't even bother watching the ending. But have 2 weeks off soon - so anything that is highly recommended in Comedy, Crime, Thriller, Drama - anything!

P.S - The only recommendation that i have so far is The Wire.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You have chosen wisely. Two shows in the upper echelons of TV as far as I'm concerned.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The Wire (Stick with it or 5-6 episodes if you are the kind who gets bored by initial ones)..
Deadwood
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Jericho
FireFly
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Community
Parks and recreation
Archer

Any of these shows are worth watching if not already seen

Red Pavan

The Wire (Stick with it or 5-6 episodes if you are the kind who gets bored by initial ones)..
Deadwood
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Jericho
FireFly
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Community
Parks and recreation
Archer

Thanks for the recommendations!

What about Dexter, is that any good?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You can't really watch more than two series at a time if you're watching them straight through, in my view, so I'd say Breaking Bad and Arrested Development's as good a mix as any. Best drama on at the moment and best comedy of the last decade or so, arguably. Also:

It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia
Carnivale
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Six Feet Under
Dexter (1-4)
House (1-5?)

The last two are good watches but not great series' even at their best.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Thanks for the recommendations!

What about Dexter, is that any good?
First two seasons are. Third was meh, four was good. Been poor since then IMO. But you will definitely enjoy the first season.

Brwned's list is good. Add them all up

TheBest

SPNTBP
BSG is the only show where the ending ruined the whole show for me. Till about 3 seasons, I loved it. :(
I totally agree but still the pilot and starting seasons were amazingly good, I was unhealthily addicted to the show.

Red Pavan

You can't really watch more than two series at a time if you're watching them straight through, in my view, so I'd say Breaking Bad and Arrested Development's as good a mix as any. Best drama on at the moment and best comedy of the last decade or so, arguably. Also:

It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia
Carnivale
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Six Feet Under
Dexter (1-4)
House (1-5?)

The last two are good watches but not great series' even at their best.
Right, thanks.

Will watch those first then - then when i get the time, will slowly try and watch the rest of those bit by bit :)

Name Changed

weso26
If you're going to watch the Wire, you might need 3 or 4 episodes to get into it. I know a few who watched a couple of episodes and couldn't get into it and stopped.

Dexter is well worth watching. Obviously The Sopranos if you haven't watched it yet.

If you want some funny easy watching stuff, then I would highly recommend Boston Legal.

Band of Brothers is brilliant.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Deadwood
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Jericho
FireFly
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Community
Parks and recreation
Archer

Jericho is very out of place in that list.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Just watched The West Wing's pilot.. and it has the one thing I put above anything else - sharp writing!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm so jealous of you beginning that for the first time. Sorkin is a genius. Enjoy!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm going to get back to watching The Wire again tonight. I watched season one ages ago and so have just had to watch a YouTube recap and also ready the summary on Wikipedia to help remind myself. I think I watched one episode of Season 2 as well. I remember
bodies in a cargo container and people putting eggs in their beers. That's all, for some reason.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm going to get back to watching The Wire again tonight. I watched season one ages ago and so have just had to watch a YouTube recap and also ready the summary on Wikipedia to help remind myself. I think I watched one episode of Season 2 as well. I remember
bodies in a cargo container and people putting eggs in their beers. That's all, for some reason.
A lot of people on here don't seem to like season 2 but I thought it was great. Surprised you've not watched the rest, seasons 3 and 4 are fantastic.

RedMist99

A lot of people on here don't seem to like season 2 but I thought it was great. Surprised you've not watched the rest, seasons 3 and 4 are fantastic.
2 is possibly my favourite season.

My recommendation is Parks and Recreation. Best thing I've seen in absolutely ages. Incredibly funny and great characters