Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

SparkedIntoLife

It's not the height of artistic mastery but American Gothic on Prime Video is a lot of fun. It's a murder mystery with a comic edge and a Desperate Housewives-esque, dated aesthetic. There's lots of twists and turns but it all makes logical sense and much of it is subtly foreshadowed. I really enjoyed it.

Any other good 'whodunit' murder mysteries on Netflix/Prime/iPlayer, ITV Hub, 4OD and Five Player? I've watched loads but would love to discover more.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, Top Boy Summerhouse (1,2) is quite old bit totally brilliant, I can’t believe it’s slipped me by! Top Boy is brand new and carries on from season 2, and that is excellent too.
I finished summer house, I loved it. In the end it was not as depressing as I expected, although the end of the second season is a bit abrupt and a bit mood-killer. I may not have started the third with such enthusiasm but I am glad that the main protagonists continue.
After the first episodes I thought that Ra´nell would have another kind of role, the typical smart boy who helps Dushane etc, but with the passing of the episodes he stayed a lot in the background
Watch gomorrah when you've finished that. It's so good. Ozarks too.

Have you seen la casa de papel?
I have finally started with it. I wanted to see it in V.O (although I didn´t know neapolitan was so difficult to understand even knowing Italian) with subtitles and I had trouble finding good sources with the all the seasons.
I have only seen a couple of episodes but I love it.
Besides, It starts strong. Two episodes and many things have already happened. Wishing to see what happens with Ciro il inmortale :D

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Watched that Unbelievable on Netflix. Incredible show. Highly recommend. Absolutely phenomenal performance from Kaitlyn Dever, who i haven't seen in anything before, tbh. She was great in this.

RedDevilRoshi

Just started Line of Duty and thought the 1st season was very good. Looking forward to binging the 2nd season tomorrow after the rugby. Might throw in a few episodes from the 3rd as well but see how the 2nd season goes if it is worth it.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Just started Line of Duty and thought the 1st season was very good. Looking forward to binging the 2nd season tomorrow after the rugby. Might throw in a few episodes from the 3rd as well but see how the 2nd season goes if it is worth it.
I really enjoyed season 1 of LOD, season 2 was also good but somewhere along the following seasons infound myself suddenly thinking ‘this is a bit crap’.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
It's brilliant.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
There's a great Australian TV series about a hitman called Mr Inbetween. It's a mix of comedy and drama and it's fun to watch. Two seasons are already out, the only downside is each season has only six episodes and each episode is just around twenty something minutes long.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I finished Marianne on Netflix the other day.

Was pretty creepy and silly in equal parts. The googly eyed witch has given me a few nightmares this week.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
There's a great Australian TV series about a hitman called Mr Inbetween. It's a mix of comedy and drama and it's fun to watch. Two seasons are already out, the only downside is each season has only six episodes and each episode is just around twenty something minutes long.
Its very good isn't it, Scott Ryan is fantastic as "Ray" the contract killer with a heart of gold. Loved the scene when the cops called at his door to "interview" him about a disturbance and he just flashed his amazing grin and said, "Sorry guys I don't answer questions", leaving them stumped as they had nothing substantial enough to arrest him. He is a very charismatic character despite his job.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Its very good isn't it, Scott Ryan is fantastic as "Ray" the contract killer with a heart of gold. Loved the scene when the cops called at his door to "interview" him about a disturbance and he just flashed his amazing grin and said, "Sorry guys I don't answer questions", leaving them stumped as they had nothing substantial enough to arrest him. He is a very charismatic character despite his job.
Yeah, I'm surprised Scott Ryan hasn't done much, really liked his performance. Apparently there's a 2005 movie the series was inspired by and he's in it too, I'd like to check it out next.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Depends what you're in to and what you're weighing it up against watching. If you like horror stuff then yeah. Is it the best TV I've seen this year? No
kk - I'll just give the first episode a shot.

Finished Sharp Objects last weekend. Highly recommended.
Sharp Objects is indeed pretty amazing. Eerie yet charming in a weird way.

No, watch I-Land first.
Ah yes that sounds like a golden globe contender.

Tarrou

If anyone's into Korean shows Vagabond is worth a watch on Netflix. Its a bit daft at times but the story is gripping the lead woman is well fit

wr8_utd

:'(
Thank you.

I'm only two episodes into the first season but I already see that it's well written.
You're currently at a stage where the show wasn't even close to as good as it got towards the end of S1 and the way it exploded into form in S2. You're in for a treat!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You're currently at a stage where the show wasn't even close to as good as it got towards the end of S1 and the way it exploded into form in S2. You're in for a treat!
Yesterday I watch the 1st episode and I did not like it too much, but since you say that, I will try a few more episodes

Andersons Dietician

Top Boy, saw people talking about in on here and I just smashed the 3 seasons in like 3 days. So good. By the end of the 3rd found myself wanting all of them to win. Jamie, Sully maybe even Dushane.

The finale of season 3 :D

Driz and Sully on the roof and Jamie and his brother in the cell that was just awesome.

RedDevilRoshi

Top Boy, saw people talking about in on here and I just smashed the 3 seasons in like 3 days. So good. By the end of the 3rd found myself wanting all of them to win. Jamie, Sully maybe even Dushane.

The finale of season 3 :D

Driz and Sully on the roof and Jamie and his brother in the cell that was just awesome.
Yep, it’s one of the best shows I’ve watched! No wonder Drake funded for this to return. Season 4 is going to be awesome!

I think Dris is still arrive.

Andersons Dietician

Yep, it’s one of the best shows I’ve watched! No wonder Drake funded for this to return. Season 4 is going to be awesome!

I think Dris is still arrive.
Drake kinda killing it with the TV then as I’m sure he produced Euphoria from HBO and it was brilliant.

Yeah given what happened in the last scene, season 4 could be really good. Somehow really didn’t see that coming.
very convincing junkies.

wr8_utd

:'(
Yesterday I watch the 1st episode and I did not like it too much, but since you say that, I will try a few more episodes
Yup it's absolutely worth sticking with. I've found that a lot of people lost interest in the first few episodes and have ended up missing out on an amazing show. Season 2 deserves all sorts of awards.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Not sure on this one. Great cast but the book is an absolute trainwreck, one of King's worst, no idea why they'd want to make a show out of it, really.

RedFish

Season 2 (ep 1) of The Purge is out now on Amazon Prime.

Absolutely top drawer, binge worthy horror.

If you haven't seen the first series, watch it, you're in for a treat.

Season 1 trailer

Last edited:

Sanche7

Living With Yourself :
ImdB Link - https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8880894/
Netflix original starring Paul Rudd and Aisling Bea. Not laugh out loud funny and is more of a drama than a comedy. Carried by Paul Rudd who is sensational and Aisling Bea who is just :drool:
Has an interesting premise and is pretty well written although it fizzles out towards the end. Explores the complexities of relationships and has a lot of heart. A good way to spend an evening.

RedDevilRoshi

Season 2 (ep 1) of The Purge is out now on Amazon Prime.

Absolutely top drawer, binge worthy horror.

If you haven't seen the first series, watch it, you're in for a treat.

Season 1 trailer

Does this have any links to the films or is it something completely different?

RedFish

Does this have any links to the films or is it something completely different?
Haven't seen the films, so can't say.

Completely took me by surprise this, thought it would be trash, but was hooked from first episode. Expertly done. Give it a go, I'm really keen to hear whether people like it!:)

Oggmonster

Living With Yourself :
ImdB Link - https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8880894/
Netflix original starring Paul Rudd and Aisling Bea. Not laugh out loud funny and is more of a drama than a comedy. Carried by Paul Rudd who is sensational and Aisling Bea who is just :drool:
Has an interesting premise and is pretty well written although it fizzles out towards the end. Explores the complexities of relationships and has a lot of heart. A good way to spend an evening.

I've got the last episode to watch tonight but I've enjoyed it so far. Is an easy watch (and Aisling Bea does make it easier!) Nothing amazing I agree, do quite like the way they tell the story each episode though as it does keep it interesting whilst slowing the pace a bit.

Sanche7

I've got the last episode to watch tonight but I've enjoyed it so far. Is an easy watch (and Aisling Bea does make it easier!) Nothing amazing I agree, do quite like the way they tell the story each episode though as it does keep it interesting whilst slowing the pace a bit.
Yes it's pretty easy watch but it has many layers IMO. It shows very well how relationships stagnate and how we stop trying/caring to maintain the life and relationships we fought so hard to attain and how we often fail to see the value in things we already have, how we take things for granted. Then there were scenes like the 'You are just too perfect' scene, which were thought provoking. It's really well written for the most part and I don't think anyone could have played the lead role better than Paul Rudd

Last edited:

Oggmonster

Yes it's pretty easy watch but it has many layers IMO. It shows very well how relationships stagnate and how we stop trying/caring to maintain the life and relationships we fought so hard to attain and how we often fail to see the value in things we already have, how we take things for granted. Then there were scenes like the 'You are just too perfect' scene, which were thought provoking. It's really well written for the most part and I don't think anyone could have played the lead role better than Paul Rudd
Yeah agreed they both played off each other well I thought. He did a good job in particular. Agree with your analysis really am looking forward to final episode tonight

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’ve just ploughed through 1 Year In Space on Netflix. 12 episodes and they’re only about 15 mins long so you can really steam through it. Very interesting view on Scott Kelly’s (and a Russian guy who’s name I’d have to Google) phenomenal feat of spending 365 days in space. Brilliant.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I've been binging a lot of shows over the last couple of years and I don't really know what to watch now. I don't want to start another show that is still ongoing, as I hate to binge a few seasons only to have to wait 6 months or more for the next season to start and on top of that having to wait a week for every episode.

I've watched most of the usual blockbuster shows so does anyone have any suggestions of something that maybe went a bit under the radar? Preferably in the crime/thriller genre.