Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

RedDevilRoshi

Just finished the Aaron Hernandez mini documentary. Thought it was a very interesting watch and just insane how he played a NFL season on the back of the first murder he committed.

Halfway through S1 of Sex Education. Thought it started quite slow but has got better

Devil81

The Stranger was really good, didn't see where it was going at the start but it picked up quickly.
Just finished it on Sunday, had it done in three days as it had me gripped.

Good final episode as well.

lsd

The Oracle
I didn’t get into Black Sails tbh, thought it was a bit light on the production and looked a bit Saturday night tv.

I’d rate Amazon shows (excluding comedies) I’ve seen as;
The Boys
Vikings (Season 1-3 above The Expanse, later below, not seen the last season yet)
The Expanse
Sneaky Pete
Bosch
Jack Ryan
Mr Robot (liked it but a little hard to follow)
Man in the High Castle (likes it but a little hard to follow)
Hanna

Not had it for a while so not seen anything new in 2020, going to get it again for Vikings, Jack Ryan and Picard.

Start up is very good

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I've really been enjoying watching The Protectors on IMDB TV.

It's hammy plots, dodgy fashions, daft villains and henchmen, superb locations, amazing cool cars, and all-round escapist fun for 25 mins. Also, a cracking theme tune that plays throughout in all kinds of variations but mostly 70s bongo tapping.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I've had a few days to kill after breaking my hand. Watched a series called White Gold with a couple of the inbetweeners in it. Never heard of it before but it wasnt actually that bad. I assume it was cancelled and there wont be any more of them? Anyone know?

Also working through Mr Robot. Absolutely stunning TV. Up there with the best I've seen

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I’m watching Avenue 5 on HBO. Dumbest show I have ever seen but find my self laughing out loud regardless. Hugh Laurie plays a captain on a cruise spaceship and of course it’s one disaster after another

chicha14

Currently on episode 3 of The Stranger, really enjoying it so far and I believe it gets better with time!
Started last night and I am itching to watch more!

AaronRedDevil

Just giving you guys a heads up. Don't watch October faction. Its garbage. Too much SJW crap and horrible acting by focusing too much on teenagers. Would have been a miles better show if it focus on the parents doing the monster hunting.

Rise of Empire: Ottoman was brilliant. Was very action packed and it was great seeing the Otttomans and romans trying out every tactic possible to beat each other. If your a fan of history or like sword fighting types. I'd reccomend it.

JoaquinJoaquin

I've had a few days to kill after breaking my hand. Watched a series called White Gold with a couple of the inbetweeners in it. Never heard of it before but it wasnt actually that bad. I assume it was cancelled and there wont be any more of them? Anyone know?

Also working through Mr Robot. Absolutely stunning TV. Up there with the best I've seen
I think it has been cancelled yeah. No word at all on a new series so presuming it's done.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm really enjoying Dracula on Netflix. It's funny and creepy and the nun is a brilliant character. Drac is a bit Carry On Dracula at times but I like the humour.

Un4givableB

I’m watching Avenue 5 on HBO. Dumbest show I have ever seen but find my self laughing out loud regardless. Hugh Laurie plays a captain on a cruise spaceship and of course it’s one disaster after another
I give it 3 episodes because of Armando Iannucci but it's very sub-par.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought The Stranger started off good but got a bit of a chore to watch in the middle. Just started Loche and Key, first episode was decent if not cliche in some parts.

BBer13

Is Fargo any good? I've been putting it off for a long while.
very good show, think season 3 is possibly the weakest out of the three but still very good overall. The cast are all very good in each season, the only real criticism i could give is it can become quite slow at times but it kind of adds to the charm.

AaronRedDevil

very good show, think season 3 is possibly the weakest out of the three but still very good overall. The cast are all very good in each season, the only real criticism i could give is it can become quite slow at times but it kind of adds to the charm.
Well good so. I’ll check it out. Couldn’t be slower then Bloodline, which i liked anyway.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
You'll see...

It wasn't terrible. Clearly they are trying to do something new with a story that has been done to death before. These days it seems everybody has a great idea but run into trouble figuring out how to end the story. A lot of daft plot stuff but the previous two eps mean I'm happy overall.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just finished Sex Education and absolutely loved it. It’s quite predictable but there’s a lot of characters you genuinely like and it does a great job of making you smile.

Some darker stuff in there too, but handled really well and a very enjoyable show. Slightly pissed off we have to wait a year for the next season.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished Sex Education. Personally thought it was decent but not anything more than that. I agree with what @Freak said that they are dragging the Otis & Maeve storyline a little too much. You know what the final episode/season is going to end up being as it’s very predictable.

A lot of likeable characters in it that I hope get some more screen time in season 3. Interesting to see what new characters will be added.

Member 39557

Kingdom

A Korean show set in like medieval times with zombies. I've watched the first few episodes and it's quite good. It seems to have completely abandoned any sort of political machinations in favour of zombies. Lots and lots of zombies. I dunno how historically accurate it is, people wear odd headgear, they seem to have what look like cheap katana's and I'm not sure if Korea ever had a zombie apocalypse.

It's on Netflix. It's not Train to Busan, but I'm enjoying it.
Season 2 comes to the uk in march

Ollie Derbyshire

Just finished The Stranger and thought it was awful, far too much going on just to include all characters in the action. About as bad as English dramas get if you ask me.

Just started Justified, heard good things so we’ll see.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Watching a lot of TV at the moment. Recently caught up with/finished BoJack Horseman and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Currently watching (s4 of) Mad Men, (s6 of) The Sopranos, (s2 of) Lost, (s2) of Utopia, and (s1) of Sex Education.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I am 4 episodes into Dark. Seems like a more serious version of Stranger Things, but I am enjoying it so far. although the fact they have dubbed it appears to be an odd choice. A few of the voice actors are a bit poor to say the least.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I can't bring myself to watch Black Mirror. From everything I've heard/read, it's endlessly depressing and bleak.

Any nice episodes?

Irrational.

I can't bring myself to watch Black Mirror. From everything I've heard/read, it's endlessly depressing and bleak.

Any nice episodes?
Some of them are pretty bleak, but some also have some amazing concepts and are very cool.

I'd recommend:

- The Entire History of You (Season 1) - pretty messed up but liked the concept.
- White Christmas (Season 2)
- Nosedive (Season 3)
- San Junipero (Season 3)
- USS Casllister (Season 4)
- Hang the DJ (Season 4)

I quite enjoyed the above episodes, and the fact that they're standalone made them a really enjoyable watch.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I am 4 episodes into Dark. Seems like a more serious version of Stranger Things, but I am enjoying it so far. although the fact they have dubbed it appears to be an odd choice. A few of the voice actors are a bit poor to say the least.
The dubbing threw me off it as well. I don't mind subtitles for a movie, but a whole TV series is a lot of screen time.

It's a shame as I was digging it otherwise.