Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

SirAF

Ageist
Ooh didnt realise it was the finale! Just about to start a film may have to stay up and watch it after!

Still as gripped by it have finally watched You liked the first season but struggling with the 2nd However Defending Jacob every episode has been gripping

I cant remember how to do spoilers would be interested to know if you think he did it or not
What a fecking tragedy! The twist that Andy’s dad had taken care of business was easy to predict - the car crash and Laurie going free wasnt.

United Hobbit

What a fecking tragedy! The twist that Andy’s dad had taken care of business was easy to predict - the car crash and Laurie going free wasnt.
Just finished it!

I think he did it. The fact he wrote that story and showed almost psychopathic behaviour at times was what tilted it for me unfortunately we will never know unless they do another. I had a feeling she was going to commit suicide but not like that! She was crying out to that psychiatrist for help but no one did. I thought the dad was in court in those clips they kept showing as they found he concealed evidence. Do you think he did it?

Sanche7

Solar Opposites on Hulu is pretty nice. Created by Justin Roiland, it certainly has some Rick And Morty vibes to it, but it's pretty entertaining

SirAF

Ageist

I think he did it. The fact he wrote that story and showed almost psychopathic behaviour at times was what tilted it for me unfortunately we will never know unless they do another. I had a feeling she was going to commit suicide but not like that! She was crying out to that psychiatrist for help but no one did. I thought the dad was in court in those clips they kept showing as they found he concealed evidence. Do you think he did it?
I don’t know, hard to say. Didn’t the flashbacks show him happening upon Ben’s body by chance? Or were we supposed to interpret that as a dramatization of Jacob’s version?

United Hobbit

I don’t know, hard to say. Didn’t the flashbacks show him happening upon Ben’s body by chance? Or were we supposed to interpret that as a dramatization of Jacob’s version?
I'm not sure I wish they'd confirmed for definite, plus we never found out where his white t shirt that he "left at the beach" when he went to the New Years Eve party with the girl was and why he lost it I know she turned up but just seems a bit odd and some of his behaviour at times as well seemed very cold and calculating as well as his story he wrote on the website, the names were very similar and it came across as someone getting off on it, open endings are so frustrating as I want to know for definite if he has or not! It leaves it open for a second series as if he wakes up and isnt brain damaged and remembers, and if he is a psychopath, what will he do to his mother after she tried to put him down?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just finished Space Force and its a pretty decent show, unlike critics reviews. Obviously not as funny as peak Office, but still more than a good watch

Roosney

Just finished The Insider on HBO. First few eps are good and creepy but later on it gets in full X-Files mode.

jungledrums

Just finished The Insider on HBO. First few eps are good and creepy but later on it gets in full X-Files mode.
:lol:

Agree completely with your assessment though. I was hooked after the first two episodes, and then it turned into absolute garbage.

SirAnderson

While I liked Defending Jacob, I kinda felt it was predictable. Definitely worth the watch though. Acting was brilliant and great cast. Would be intersting to see where they would take a season 2 if one is made.
My view:
I definitely think he did it, the story kinda lead us to believe that more than anything else. I feel it was more centred on whether or not the parents believed him or not. Each point of significance tilting them back and forth, with each moment making it harder and harder to believe he was innocent...first the knife, then the online messages, and the picture he posts of himself, the psychologist feedback, the cut room and of course the final nail, the letter he writes. The fact that Patz is shown to be coerced into writing that confession is the final nail for me. The girl going missing just brings it all back for them after they learn to block it out and they realize deep down they will always have a part of them that will doubt his innocence.
In the end, the mother couldn't live with that doubt, but the father, as a lawyer (reasonable doubt and all that) could more or less.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Just watched The Capture on iplayer over a couple of evenings. I'd not heard of it before since I never have broadcast TV on, and rarely use iplayer. I'd recommend it if you don't want to get to deep into a show and just watch a one-off 6 eps of something.

It has Black Mirror technology-is-bad vibes, as well as the far-fetched over-egged drama of Luther. And Ron Perlman is in it, looking weird as hell, as he usually does.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Just watched The Capture on iplayer over a couple of evenings. I'd not heard of it before since I never have broadcast TV on, and rarely use iplayer. I'd recommend it if you don't want to get to deep into a show and just watch a one-off 6 eps of something.

It has Black Mirror technology-is-bad vibes, as well as the far-fetched over-egged drama of Luther. And Ron Perlman is in it, looking weird as hell, as he usually does.

The Capture is excellent, I was hooked after 30 minutes, thanks for recommending. I am a little confused with regard to how many episodes are in it, I clicked on the year "2020"on the IMDB page and it lists episodes 7 & 8 yet when I click on "Season 2" it lists six more upcoming episodes to be released???

SirAF

Ageist
Old news, but I just started Bosch. Titus Welliver is brilliant.

Art Vandelay

Banshee is back on Sky Rewind or whatever the box sets thing is now called. I've been rewatching it and it's every bit as brilliant as I remembered.

Although I totally forgot how funny some of the fights were. People getting hit with punches that would fell an elephant and just fighting on. The funniest one so far is probably Anna versus the Ukrainian guy in the Hood's "apartment". It goes on so long and they do so much damage to each other, then put each others heads through every window in the place that it goes well past the point of absurdity into genuinely comical. Nola versus Burton with the hatchets is up there too for sheer madness. Brilliant show.

United Hobbit

Rewatching Line of Duty from season one. Just as good the 2nd time around hope they release the next series asap.

Ollie Derbyshire

Anyone watched the last two seasons of snowfall?
Enjoyed the first season but haven’t gotten time to get round to the next ones yet.

evil_geko

There are two series I have on my list to watch for years but can never get around to it, two highly rated Deadwood and Rome.