Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

lsd

The Oracle
Cardinal is quite good compared to the usual crap (I'm Canadian)

I have Canadian relatives and it is a thing that none of us can come up with a good Canadian tv show although i have never seen Cardinal

Rudie

Mentary
Has anyone watched 'The Floor is Lava' on Netflix? It's worth a watch just to see how utterly crap and cringy it is!

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
I can add these, series I liked and watched recently on Netflix:

Dark (German mystery/suspense/chrime/scifi),
Castle Rock (stephen king suspense/scifi/mystery),
The Flemish bandits (belgium late 18th century historical piece),
Godless (western mini series)
The unknow soldier (finnish ww2 series)
Kingdom (Korean zombie thingy in medieval period)

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I can add these, series I liked and watched recently on Netflix:

Dark (German mystery/suspense/chrime/scifi),
Castle Rock (stephen king suspense/scifi/mystery),
The Flemish bandits (belgium late 18th century historical piece),
Godless (western mini series)
The unknow soldier (finnish ww2 series)
Kingdom (Korean zombie thingy in medieval period)
Dark is one of the best shows i have ever seen. Third season just dropped yesterday.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Dark is one of the best shows i have ever seen. Third season just dropped yesterday.
Yes, going to binge it this very night with shitloads of food, chips and a very huge fan for the bloody heat :lol: Great show! I never use the dubbed versions though,like the original language better as they sync better and the voices fits better.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Perry Mason on HBO started last week, in case you missed it. The second episode was better, though it still feels like they’re trying too hard for lack of a better phrase. It is worth it if you need your crime drama fix, and should come good in the end given the talent involved.

Verbalkint

I'm not sure if this has been posted earlier - Fauda, an Israeli series. Very gripping and bingeworthy. Season 1 & 2 are excellent. The 3rd, so-so. Do give it a watch though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm barely watching series lately but I'd highlight Patriot. A peculiar way of telling the story that is quite attractive.
I also really like Snowpiercer, I wish there were more series like that (science fiction I mean). The bad thing is that there is a weekly episode, I'd prefer all together

Andersons Dietician

Kingdom is coming to Netflix on the 1st. It’s really good. The performance from Johnathan Tucker is up there. He’s brilliant. Frank Grillo ain’t bad and neither is Nick Jonas.
Highly highly recomend.

Last edited:

SirAnderson

Watched the whole of Endeavour during lockdown. 7 seasons although only a few episodes per season. For those who don't know, it is the prequel to Inspector Morse, one of the greatest British Detective dramas.

The prequel is well done, sensitive to Morse and they have cast really well. The wife and I found it compelling viewing.
Watched the first 2 episodes. Thanks for the refer. It's good. A bit long, but still enjoyable.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just finished Ju-On: Origins on Netflix. Didn't love it. There was some gore and a few scary bits but I was confused quite a fair bit... I usually have this happen when I watch a TV series with subtitles...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does anyone have any recommendations for short watches during my lunch whilst WFH? I've been working at home since March and likely til September and want something to watch in my hour lunch break. Preferably 20 minute episodes so I can squeeze a few in.

Currently watching Avatar: The Last Airbender and whilst it feels a bit kids show-y and has an obvious plot structure it's still a nice easy watch. Happy to carry on down the animation/anime route. Is Dragonball Z any good? One Punch Man?

Raw

Does anyone have any recommendations for short watches during my lunch whilst WFH? I've been working at home since March and likely til September and want something to watch in my hour lunch break. Preferably 20 minute episodes so I can squeeze a few in.

Currently watching Avatar: The Last Airbender and whilst it feels a bit kids show-y and has an obvious plot structure it's still a nice easy watch. Happy to carry on down the animation/anime route. Is Dragonball Z any good? One Punch Man?
One Punch Man is pretty great, I'd highly recommend (though it is weaker in the 2nd season for various reasons). Just a comedy anime about a super hero so powerful he beats everything in one punch which bores him.

Haven't watched DBZ (just read the manga) but from what I heard it's very long and they padded it out with a lot of filler episodes back in the day. Think there's a more condensed version out there somewhere though. It's basically just about fighting and the characters getting more and more powerful to ridiculous levels.

AaronRedDevil

I just finished Avatar 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly great show.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

If you have Prime, Casual is fairly decent. Easy one to watch.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I have finished Into the night, I liked it. I have watched in one go. It's about an airplane that has to deal with a cosmic disaster. Second season confirmed

lsd

The Oracle
Started Succession and really good so far . Excellent cast and fill of twist and deceit .

djdhrubs

Peep Show if you haven't watched it already.

Mark Pawelek

Bosch. 6 season detective series with more realism than most. Set in Hollywood, L.A. Good for crime addicts.
Homeland. Spy series which frequently crosses over into unrealistic. But good plot twists. Centred around Carrie - CIA operative with bipolar disorder - and her Machiavellian boss(es). 8 seasons!
True Detective Series 1. Serial killer investigation. Good 1st series.
Masters of Sex. Very loose biographical sketches of Masters and Johnson, the sex psychologists who revolutionized the study and understanding of sex in 1950s USA. Series 1 is excellent.
Justified. 6 series crime/detective show centered on cowboy like US Marshall in Kentucky mining town: Harlan.
Sarah Conner Chronicles. 2 series featuring John and Sarah Conner on the run from terminator(s). Lena Headey (before her Cersei role in GoT) is Sarah. Summer Glau plays 'Cameron', the deadly, sexy, "good" terminator out to protect John Conner.
Fringe. 5 series Sci-Fi, alternative universe thriller/mystery/crime detection/sci-fi/weirdy. It has elements of all.
The Shield. Good one previously mentioned early on. Bent LA cops.

Last edited:

wr8_utd

:'(
Succession is awesome. New season coming out soon. Can't wait. There are some colorful characters on that show.
Is it? They'd halted production in March so I don't think it's coming out before the end of the year.

Suedesi

Le Bureau des Légendes is an amazing show.

I found out about the show through this website. Amazing show, highly recommended

In the US you can watch through Prime or Sundance.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Archer? 1st 3 seasons are the funniest thing ever, it's decent past that too.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

I have enjoyed Castlevania on Netflix and Star Wars Clone Wars on Disney during my break.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Anyone interested as well in the show "Cursed" that's coming out on Netflix? Looks kinda cool -except the non R rating.

Or maybe I'm just a dirty man who has a soft spot for Katherine Langford.