Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is anyone watching Perry Mason on HBO?
Yeah, as I mentioned before I think they’re trying too hard. With that amount of source material and that budget they could’ve played it straight successfully with a normal detective drama.

But it’s HBO: sometimes it falls flat, and sometimes you get Sharp Objects or the first 3/4th of True Detective S1. I’ll watch through regardless.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Le Bureau des Légendes is an amazing show.

I found out about the show through this website. Amazing show, highly recommended

In the US you can watch through Prime or Sundance.
Yep. Feel obliged to chip in anytime anyone mentions it on here, as my Frenchness gives me legitimacy on this, of course. By making a more down to earth, realistic spy show, they manage to highlight how intricate the world of espionage is, the cost of mistakes, and the incredible stress the agents are under. Kassovitz is excellent in it, as are most of the cast.

Tarrou

Defending Jacob seems good, I'm two episodes in

The limited drama series is a gripping, character-driven thriller based on the 2012 New York Times best selling novel of the same name by William Landay. An assistant DA's world is shattered when his beloved son gets charged with murder.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
BBC 2 currently showing an excellent documentary on the Iraq War, Once Upon a Time in Iraq. Two episodes down in a five part series.

hubbuh

I'm currently a few episodes in on the second series of The Shield and, while I'm enjoying it in a 'this is easy, cheesy and fun' sort of way, I'm surprised it gets as much love as it does. Also, Corrine is the archetypal trope of the underwritten, lazily written and one dimensional wife of the protagonist that can spoil an otherwise enjoyable show. She's not in it much, thankfully.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I'm currently a few episodes in on the second series of The Shield and, while I'm enjoying it in a 'this is easy, cheesy and fun' sort of way, I'm surprised it gets as much love as it does. Also, Corrine is the archetypal trope of the underwritten, lazily written and one dimensional wife of the protagonist that can spoil an otherwise enjoyable show. She's not in it much, thankfully.
The Shield gets better. It is not the Wire by any stretch but it is still pretty good.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Casa de Papel is absolutely awful. Poorly written, badly acted, and in constant contradiction. I mean, within a minute of the 1st episode, you have the "mastermind" explaining how it's essential to have people who don't care about each other in his place, who have no emotional investment towards one another, who don't know each other's identities... and then we find out there's a father and his son in the crew. It's totally idiotic and I still don't understand how anyone can like it. Soapy shit with a terrible heist background. Eurgh.

Skåre Willoch

I guess I don't pick up on the bad acting, as I don't understand a word of spanish. I like a lot of the actors and characters they portray, and I find the writing to be quite clever, really. Sure, there are a few (maybe too many) contradictions going on, but it's still a very decent heist plot imo.

It is in no way a perfect show, but I actually like the whole soapy approach to it. Not all heist shows/films have to do the "Heat" approach. It's intense in its own way, and both Stockholm and Tokyo makes it worth watching :drool:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
What's the consensus here on Schitt's Creek? It took me a few episodes to get into it/used to the characters but I love it now.

Anyone who is in to off-kilter character comedies like Curb and think films like A Mighty Wind/Best in Show are the bomb, I can't recommend this more highly.

lsd

The Oracle
What we do in the shadows is very good a comedy mockumentary about three vampires living together

djdhrubs

Casa de Papel is absolutely awful. Poorly written, badly acted, and in constant contradiction. I mean, within a minute of the 1st episode, you have the "mastermind" explaining how it's essential to have people who don't care about each other in his place, who have no emotional investment towards one another, who don't know each other's identities... and then we find out there's a father and his son in the crew. It's totally idiotic and I still don't understand how anyone can like it. Soapy shit with a terrible heist background. Eurgh.
I got bored of it by the last episode of the first series, and I literally stopped watching it about 20 mins in to the last episode. Maybe I'll finish that episode some day. What annoyed me was Europeans acting all European. You know, getting overly emotional about not much, suddenly shagging for not much reason, unlikely romances developing etc. Also the Professor character was very irritating. Always seemed to have a plan for everything.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Quite enjoying The Morning show. I May Destroy You is getting rave reviews but I'm not yet sure after 2 episodes.

Roosney

Agreed 100%. Also I think the makers of the show don't know if they want to do a heist series or a goofy show with oh so crazy hardcore characters in it.

Roosney

De Twaalf, Belgian series about a trial of a woman accused of murdering her friend in 2000 and her daughter in 2016.
The plot is split between the trial and the personal lives of the jury members.

Nothing special but still quality show with some really good actors and characters.

The ending is reaaaalllly lame, such a cop off. Otherwise a really good show.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
City on a Hill was good, takes a while to get going after the opener, Kevin Bacon is superb.

SirAnderson

I'm 5 episodes into Fauda and surprised at how poor it is for me. Very one dimensional and predictable. Also got pissed to see how these guys go into armed situations with no bulletproof vests on?? Really disappointed so far, as it came with a lot of praise, and also following it after watching The Bureau probably didn't help.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I have Canadian relatives and it is a thing that none of us can come up with a good Canadian tv show although i have never seen Cardinal
Absolute nonsense.

Trailer Park Boys and Letterkenny are easily two of the best comedy shows going. You’d be hard pressed to find much funnier than either of them

Cardinal, Republic of Doyle and 19-2 are all very good too. Murdoch Mysteries ain’t half bad.

Schitt’s creek mentioned above has great reviews although I’ve never watched it.

The kids in the hall is a classic of sketch comedy. And there’s just an abundance of stand up comedy from Canada.

Stuff like Mr. D or Corner Gas are decent easy watching.

Even teen shows like Breaker High or kids shows like Caillou.

Then there’s load of American shows which are half produced in Canada too.

And I almost forgot Marketplace which has produced some fascinating episodes from its consumer investigation.

hubbuh

The Shield gets better. It is not the Wire by any stretch but it is still pretty good.
At what point does it get better?! Series 4, episode 13 and it's still the same ridiculousness. Vic and the gang barely break a sweat as they crack the case of a lifetime in a short afternoon. I mean, it's annoying how everything constantly works out for them. It's fun to watch an angry baked bean stomp his way through L.A. but my god the writing is pretty uninspired.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
At what point does it get better?! Series 4, episode 13 and it's still the same ridiculousness. Vic and the gang barely break a sweat as they crack the case of a lifetime in a short afternoon. I mean, it's annoying how everything constantly works out for them. It's fun to watch an angry baked bean stomp his way through L.A. but my god the writing is pretty uninspired.
When the net starts to tighten on the hit squad.

acnumber9

You did well to get that far. The terrible acting got me by halfway through the second series.

lsd

The Oracle

Its basically the A Team . A cop show for people with low expectations. If you like the fast and furious or canadian tv you watch the Shield

Riz

Just watched season 2 of Goliath, thought it was excellent, season 3 now.
Got into Goliath and realized I watch season 1 already, but can't remember what happened :lol: as I watch I'm remembering but it's brilliant. Can't wait to Binge season 2 and 3!
I didn't think season 2 was as good as the first. For a court room drama there was probably 15 minutes in the court across the whole season. Still, I enjoyed it on the whole. Might just be my taste though, I lost interest in Suits as well when that moved away from being a court room drama.

I've heard season 3 gets 'weirder' still but will give it a watch.