Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

hubbuh

The Shield gets better. It is not the Wire by any stretch but it is still pretty good.
I was quite scathing of The Shield but now that I've finished it... I absolutely love it and it's left a big LAPD-serial sized hole in my life. It is a bit ridiculous but there's something extremely compulsive about it. And that finale, holy feck. It's gotten me completely hooked on LA cop shows, so I've read all about the RAMPART Scandal, ordered the book Blue: The Battle to Redeem American Policing by Joe Domanick and downloaded all 4 series of SouthLAnd, the first episode of which was absolutely fantastic. I'll be rewatching The Shield in the next couple of years for sure!

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I was quite scathing of The Shield but now that I've finished it... I absolutely love it and it's left a big LAPD-serial sized hole in my life. It is a bit ridiculous but there's something extremely compulsive about it. And that finale, holy feck. It's gotten me completely hooked on LA cop shows, so I've read all about the RAMPART Scandal, ordered the book Blue: The Battle to Redeem American Policing by Joe Domanick and downloaded all 4 series of SouthLAnd, the first episode of which was absolutely fantastic. I'll be rewatching The Shield in the next couple of years for sure!
I couldn't explain without ruining the ending but the last series is amazing TV. Sons of Anarchy is from the same writer/director if you need another hit.

parkthebuslads

Finished Little Fires Everywhere. It wasn't great, particully due to KW's performance and character and a typically heavy handed approach to a racism commentary.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Just finished The Outsider, excellent Stephen King adaptation, was not expecting it to be that good, 8/10

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Yep, very good show.

Majority in here only liked the first few episodes until the cucuy showed up, but feck em. :angel:
I thought the show progressed really well and the finale was top notch. The "cucuy/bogeyman" element was handled very well, they used the "less is more" portrayal of the malevolent bad spirit to great effect, the act of murder being a "virus" was handled excellently. Oh and what a cast, Ben Mendolsohn, Paddy Considine and Cynthia Erivo were brilliant as were the supporting cast members.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Is curb your enthusiasm worth watching now? Looking for new comedy series to watch with other half

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
After finishing the german show "Babylon Berlin", shich was surprisingly good, I have started watching "The boys". I just love it. Superheroes series for grown-ups :) Recommend it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I am guessing these have all come up but:

1: Drama - The Wire. Simply the best tv show. Ever.

2. Sitcom - Scrubs. Rewatching it now, absolutely love it.

3. Current Show - The Witcher. Completely biased as I loved the books.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I finished the Korean political drama/ zombie horror series Kingdom, which I really enjoyed. Then I've immediately started watching the American series Kingdom, which is also great (but nothing to do with zombies or politics). Anyone else seen it? I'm half way through season 2 now.

Oh, and Kiele Sanchez :drool:
There's a Japanese movie and anime series also called Kingdom. :D

Mark Pawelek

Dear White People
Black Lightning
The OA
The Good Doctor

I just started watching Unsolved. - The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G. chronicles the dual police investigations. - I've seen 2 episodes so far it's fantastic.
The OA

Type
: Supernatural thriller/mystery. With a deep, complex, multi-layered, incomprehensible plot based on alternative realities, kidnap, death and "rebirth".
Acting is realistic, method, and good; with no camp at all.
Characters. Plot, nevertheless, motivates believable, compelling characters. Characters stay true to themselves; each driven by their inner-goals. The ultimate plot driver is incomprehensible. But minor plots are easy to understand.
Action/set-piece scenes are absent.
Length: There are 2 seasons of 8 episodes each. No 3rd season because it's been cancelled.

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Finally got round to watching Norsemen and it’s one of the best shows I’ve seen in ages. Absolutely brilliant.

A bunch of the same actors from Lilyhammer too. Think I’ll rewatch that when I’m done.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Bosch is pretty well made too on amazon prime. Southland is probably the best and gives the job some realistic justice. I met the actor who plays the Training officer and he said that the show got really good reviews especially from law enforcement, but didn’t get enough of a wider audience to continue with more seasons. Such a shame.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The OA

Type
: Supernatural thriller/mystery. With a deep, complex, multi-layered, incomprehensible plot based on alternative realities, kidnap, death and "rebirth".
Acting is realistic, method, and good; with no camp at all.
Characters. Plot, nevertheless, motivates believable, compelling characters. Characters stay true to themselves; each driven by their inner-goals. The ultimate plot driver is incomprehensible. But minor plots are easy to understand.
Action/set-piece scenes are absent.
Length: There are 2 seasons of 8 episodes each. No 3rd season because it's been cancelled.
Season 1 did enough to make me watch season 2 but season 2 wasn't great. I'm not sure I would have bothered with S3 if it hadn't been cancelled.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Australian output can be very hit and miss but Upright (as I previoulsy mentioned) was very very good indeed and I'm enjoying S1 of a very different Australian show - Mr Inbetween - S2 is meant to be even better.

Last edited:

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Australian output can be very hot and miss but Upright (as I previoulsy mentioned) was very very good indeed and I'm enjoying S1 of a very different Australian show - Mr Inbetween - S2 is meant to be even better.
Mr. Inbetween is very good, Scott Ryan is brilliant as as the lead character Ray, I enjoyed this.

lsd

The Oracle
Anyone watched Boardwalk Empire? I tried it out a few years back and really couldn't get into it, I'm thinking of trying it again.

Good show the last season was awful mind you but up to that was very good . Then the last season was just rushed full of unrealistic time jumps and strange decisions from the leading characters . Gee i wonder what other show i could say that about

SirAnderson

God-level show.

Richard Harrow is the man.
Good show the last season was awful mind you but up to that was very good . Then the last season was just rushed full of unrealistic time jumps and strange decisions from the leading characters . Gee i wonder what other show i could say that about
Thanks, will give it another go!

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Love Boat?