Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Ending shot of the last ep of the Expanse (S5E5) was unexpected.
I was a little worried after reading an article last month that this season is going to "focus on the characters" who for me are the weakest part of the show (and till E5 Naomi's arc has been pathetic), but the plot has been moving along well and this episode was great too.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
No love for the second season of Altered Carbon?! I personally njoyed it a lot.
I probably would have enjoyed it more had it starred literally anyone other than Anthony Mackie. The guy bores me to death.

LARulz

Anyone want a fun, all action show set in a Argentinian prison (so yes, it's in Spanish but with subtitles) then go watch El Marginal on Netflix, such a great show

sidsutton

I just finished The Last Kingdom which I enjoyed a lot, though felt the fourth season dropped a bit as it missed the Utrid/Alfred dynamic. Is there anything in a similar vein i could try? I did try Vikings once but couldn’t get hooked. Is it worth a second try? Anything with a historical slant, bit of action and scheming etc.

Where could one watch Black Sails? Saw it mentioned a few times over the past few pages.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I just finished The Last Kingdom which I enjoyed a lot, though felt the fourth season dropped a bit as it missed the Utrid/Alfred dynamic. Is there anything in a similar vein i could try? I did try Vikings once but couldn’t get hooked. Is it worth a second try? Anything with a historical slant, bit of action and scheming etc.

Where could one watch Black Sails? Saw it mentioned a few times over the past few pages.
Yeah. For the first season, just focus on the story and dialogues. It has a low budget feel to it the first time you watch, but it improves for season 2.

Hopefully you find a way to watch Black Sails, great show.

Rome and Spartacus are both very good historical/action/scheming packed shows too.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Finished the Night Manager. Realised that I had seen the last 2 eps before while I was watching them, but not any of the previous ones.
It's quite tense, the acting is good, the politics is ok. Ending spoilers:
Too optimistic!? Why would the buyers kill their best link to the 300m$ they lost, rather than go after the guy they know is the traitor.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It looks like you have to pay extra for it on Amazon Prime now, or else have a Premium Hulu subscription which I am guessing is not super-common.

That is stateside, sometimes these things are different elsewhere.

Welsh Wonder

It looks like you have to pay extra for it on Amazon Prime now, or else have a Premium Hulu subscription which I am guessing is not super-common.

That is stateside, sometimes these things are different elsewhere.
I'm in the UK and it's fine to watch on normal Amazon Prime for me.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I'm in the UK and it's fine to watch on normal Amazon Prime for me.
Ah, I do have the first season free but beyond that you gotta pay...which you will want to if you start it.

Only $5 a season so not exorbitant relative to the value you might pay to see a movie.

Welsh Wonder

Ah, I do have the first season free but beyond that you gotta pay...which you will want to if you start it.

Only $5 a season so not exorbitant relative to the value you might pay to see a movie.
Yeah that sucks. I don't like paying for individual seasons of tv shows, in my head it feels wrong even though you're getting much more than a movie's worth (especially $5 for Black Sails!).

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen Netflix price is going up... After record subscribers in the UK :lol: during a pandemic. What absolute fecking bellends. Now is not the time for a price rise the greedy cnuts.

Probably gonna cancel tbh, I can afford it, but it's 98% shite on there anyway. Their "Netflix originals" are really not that great in general, and the rest is average movies / TV at best.

Ollie Derbyshire

Definitely give Viking’s a secon chance, it gets better as it goes along.

Black Sails is on Amazon Prime.

Welsh Wonder

The Exorcist series is brilliant too. A well executed horror series is rarer than a Jesse Lingard goal but this is just about as good as it gets imo. Was cancelled after two seasons unfortunately but still well worth watching through (is on Amazon Prime). It took me half hour to write this post as I'm making a rare drunken appearance on the Caf so as long as I wake up with one notification I'll be happy. 9/11

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The Exorcist series is brilliant too. A well executed horror series is rarer than a Jesse Lingard goal but this is just about as good as it gets imo. Was cancelled after two seasons unfortunately but still well worth watching through (is on Amazon Prime). It took me half hour to write this post as I'm making a rare drunken appearance on the Caf so as long as I wake up with one notification I'll be happy. 9/11
When
Tubular Bells
kicks in :drool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We Are The Champions is a cool little mini series on Netflix about people who compete in weird competitions.

you’ve got at least two...

Usually watch TV with the Mrs in the evening, I think The Exorcist will be a bloody hard sell!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This wife has been watching that Netflix version of Sabrina the teenage witch... Now it might be unfair for me to judge as I only catch bits and bobs when I'm watching football or on the PlayStation, but Christ it looks absolutely dreadful. Basically rubbish acting and random terrible music covers.

AaronRedDevil

This wife has been watching that Netflix version of Sabrina the teenage witch... Now it might be unfair for me to judge as I only catch bits and bobs when I'm watching football or on the PlayStation, but Christ it looks absolutely dreadful. Basically rubbish acting and random terrible music covers.
Worse part is that there’s no Salem!

Andy_Cole

Yup wife watches too and keeps going on that it’s so good and I should have stayed with it after watching the first episode. Likewise, whenever I walk in on her watching it looks terrible.

TrustInOle

Just finished episode 4 of the Expanse. I am sold! Hoping the characters will be more fleshed out to as their is real potential there. Amos peaks my interest.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yup wife watches too and keeps going on that it’s so good and I should have stayed with it after watching the first episode. Likewise, whenever I walk in on her watching it looks terrible.
This sounds like something women would prefer more so than men.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Definitely give Viking’s a secon chance, it gets better as it goes along.

Black Sails is on Amazon Prime.
Think I'm gonna give black sails a go actually, seen it's only 4 seasons. My kinda thing if it's done right, hopefully it is. Just wish something would dethrone GOT and be as epic and popular as it was.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Think I'm gonna give black sails a go actually, seen it's only 4 seasons. My kinda thing if it's done right, hopefully it is. Just wish something would dethrone GOT and be as epic and popular as it was.
Amazon's LOTR show is due out this year. Here's hoping.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Finished Black Sails recently. Excellent show from start to finish.
From the trailers I recognised a bloke, but couldn't remember where I'd seen him. Netflix's Lost In Space I think it is, that's a decent show aswell. Even the Mrs likes it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Any trailers about? Official ones obv, seen loads of fan made pop up when I searched.

Never been a big LOTR fan tbh, but I could give it a go depending how it looks.
Nothing yet. I don't think it'll be out til the end of the year, so I doubt we'll see anything for a few months.