Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Really enjoying Marti Scorsese's and Fran Lebowitz's Pretend It's a City on Netflix.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Watching a sci-fi show called Falling Skies.

It's a show about aliens invading Earth. But it gets more complex as some of aliens want to work with humans rebelling against the other, a new alien species wants to destroy the one's already here adding to galactic politics and suspense drama.

Set in immediate aftermath of invasion, it has a post-apocalyptic vibe, a really complex and well thought out plot, good mix of action and drama and some very underrated but well done graphics. A very good cast tops the lot!

Really good sci-fi that I've never heard of till last week. I've been binge watching 3 seasons already!

Nialler

Alex's Dad
El Marginal is a superb prison drama set in Buenos Aires, I'd highly recommend it. Not for the faint hearted. Great characters & plot. Three seasons, its on Netflix.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Just finished 'The flight Attendant'. Over all pretty good comedy/drama/action/suspense/mystery tv show. Penny from big bang might put you off, but dont let her. Shes actually really good here. And another stand out performance from Michelle Gomez(Doctor whos, 'The master') makes the trip all the more fun. Dont look anything up, just go in cold if you havent heard of it.

Simbo

So Attack on Titan is now on its way through its final season, aptly called "The Final Season". I've always been unsure whether its actually any good and certainly hesitant to reccommend it to anyone as its one of the most bat-shit mental things i've ever watched.

I've just rewatched most of it this last weekend, along with some recap vids and I'm coming round to the idea it might actually be brilliant.

lsd

The Oracle

It's a show about aliens invading Earth. But it gets more complex as some of aliens want to work with humans rebelling against the other, a new alien species wants to destroy the one's already here adding to galactic politics and suspense drama.

Set in immediate aftermath of invasion, it has a post-apocalyptic vibe, a really complex and well thought out plot, good mix of action and drama and some very underrated but well done graphics. A very good cast tops the lot!

Really good sci-fi that I've never heard of till last week. I've been binge watching 3 seasons already!

So basically V then which is now being repeated on Sky by the way

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
So Attack on Titan is now on its way through its final season, aptly called "The Final Season". I've always been unsure whether its actually any good and certainly hesitant to reccommend it to anyone as its one of the most bat-shit mental things i've ever watched.

I've just rewatched most of it this last weekend, along with some recap vids and I'm coming round to the idea it might actually be brilliant.
It's about the only anime I'd actually consider recommending to people. It's brilliant.
Just finished 'The flight Attendant'. Over all pretty good comedy/drama/action/suspense/mystery tv show. Penny from big bang might put you off, but dont let her. Shes actually really good here. And another stand out performance from Michelle Gomez(Doctor whos, 'The master') makes the trip all the more fun. Dont look anything up, just go in cold if you havent heard of it.
And the mental Sue White from Green Wing.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I am rewatching these days a local (bulgarian) TV show called Pod Prikritie (Undercover - 2011). First two seasons are absolutely brilliant,one of the best i have ever watched about the underground world and mafia. After that the story goes all over the place but its still a very enjoyable viewing.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Right now I'm with Bridgerton.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8740790/
I love the marriage dramas and the whole show around dances and engagements. It's pretty funny too .
In a few days the second season of the snowpiercer comes out, which I would also recommend. The first season had a good ending.

SirAnderson

Good grief, I completely forgot about this series, not sure I finished it as I was all caught up with the seasons that were out and totally lost track of any new seasons that came out. Too many years now to remember anything, and I hate re-watching something unless it is The Wire good (only series I've watched twice).
Hopefully there is a very good recap out there to see where I stopped.

SirAnderson

You should lead with it being Anime maybe. :lol: Not a fan, with some notable exceptions.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ah darn! Was just going to download this and see it consists of 10 episodes and only 5 have been release...urgh. :rolleyes:
They are well worth watching. A bit of suspension of disbelief. But entertaining enough to sit through.

hubbuh

is You on Netflix any decent?
It is hilariously bad, to the extent that it's sort of fun to watch if only to laugh at how bad it is. Mainly though it's just bad and boring.

Currently 2 episodes into It's a Sin, which we're enjoying a lot. Would definitely recommend this.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It is hilariously bad, to the extent that it's sort of fun to watch if only to laugh at how bad it is. Mainly though it's just bad and boring.

Currently 2 episodes into It's a Sin, which we're enjoying a lot. Would definitely recommend this.
Cheers. One to avoid.

Amazing though how some of these rubbish shows like 13 reasons why, gain traction.

pauldyson1uk

The Exorcist series is brilliant too. A well executed horror series is rarer than a Jesse Lingard goal but this is just about as good as it gets imo. Was cancelled after two seasons unfortunately but still well worth watching through (is on Amazon Prime). It took me half hour to write this post as I'm making a rare drunken appearance on the Caf so as long as I wake up with one notification I'll be happy. 9/11
Seen both seasons, excellent its a definite 10/10, Shame it was cancelled.

onemanarmy

Bit late to the party, but how good is Yellowstone? Binged the first 2 seasons in a week time. Can't wait to start with the 3rd season.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Bit late to the party, but how good is Yellowstone? Binged the first 2 seasons in a week time. Can't wait to start with the 3rd season.
Just finished the 3rd season tonight. Holy shit, thats some good tv. Season 4 cant come quick enough.

AkaAkuma

Im embarrassed to say it but Warrior Nun wasnt bad. Even the name sounds awful but out of habit I just picked something at random.

Its got elements of buffy to it, but the religious/science elements and setting in Spain kept me interested.

AaronRedDevil

Full metal Alchemist is also brilliant and funny. One of the best anime out there.

Simbo

Full metal Alchemist is also brilliant and funny. One of the best anime out there.
I did watch a few episodes of that a while ago but it didn't grab me. Can't say I'm really a fan of anime as such, attack on titan has been the only exception so far.

lsd

The Oracle
Been watching City on a Hill on Sky with Kevin Bacon as a corrupt FBI Agent 4 episodes in and really good so far