Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I have Apple TV free for a year and I watched 2 shows which I thought were excellent

Servant (Ron from Harry Potter is in it)
and

Ted Lasso which is vey light hearted and strangely uplifting

AaronRedDevil

Netflix upping the price by 2 quid a month. Bastards, It’s now €18 euros a month for me. Netflix Ireland is shite and shouldn’t be allowed.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Netflix upping the price by 2 quid a month. Bastards, It’s now €18 euros a month for me. Netflix Ireland is shite and shouldn’t be allowed.
I may drop it now. I got Prime Video free for a year through Eir and that would do me.

Any big Netflix series I like can be watched through other means.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just completed The Great Escapists starring Richard Hammond. Not a bad watch, especially if you enjoy The Grand Tour type of humour

SirAF

Ageist
I have Apple TV free for a year and I watched 2 shows which I thought were excellent

Servant (Ron from Harry Potter is in it)
and

Ted Lasso which is vey light hearted and strangely uplifting
Long Way Up is pretty cool if you like road trip documentaries.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Just gone through the 3 Fargo series' on Netflix over the last couple of weeks. They get steadily less-good each series. S1 is excellent throughout, incredible performances from Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman in particular. 'Mr Numbers' is a pretty cool bad guy henchman too. 2 is mostly very good despite a few WTF moments. 3 was dull. A real chore to finish.

For anyone who has seen season 2 already:
What the feck was up with the spaceship in the 2nd to last episode?!

Any word when S4 will be on Netflix?

AkaAkuma

Locke and Key; quite different to the previews I saw last year. Its a YA light horror/drama series. Im enjoying it, Carlton Cuse is a producer so it follows in the mystery spirit.

Sara125

Anyone watch The Chase? One of the guys on today earned answered 10 questions correctly in the cash builder round (there were some whoppers in there too!) only to get nothing correct when he went head to head with The chaser :lol:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
So Attack on Titan is now on its way through its final season, aptly called "The Final Season". I've always been unsure whether its actually any good and certainly hesitant to reccommend it to anyone as its one of the most bat-shit mental things i've ever watched.

I've just rewatched most of it this last weekend, along with some recap vids and I'm coming round to the idea it might actually be brilliant.
Yelling annoys, but outside of that, pretty cool show. Five episodes in.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Watching a sci-fi show called Falling Skies.

It's a show about aliens invading Earth. But it gets more complex as some of aliens want to work with humans rebelling against the other, a new alien species wants to destroy the one's already here adding to galactic politics and suspense drama.

Set in immediate aftermath of invasion, it has a post-apocalyptic vibe, a really complex and well thought out plot, good mix of action and drama and some very underrated but well done graphics. A very good cast tops the lot!

Really good sci-fi that I've never heard of till last week. I've been binge watching 3 seasons already!
I enjoyed it but less and less in later series. here seemed to be huge tonal differences in the storytelling each season and especially in the last 2 seasons. I still got to the end so that is a good sign.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I enjoyed it but less and less in later series. here seemed to be huge tonal differences in the storytelling each season and especially in the last 2 seasons. I still got to the end so that is a good sign.
I watched it (partly) till season 4. Missus liked it well too. I lived the world building and alien politics. It's a complex plot with good acting. Something I miss in many sci-fi shows.

RedDevilRoshi

Purge is really good, want them to make another, the second series inparticular, one of the characters is really chilling
I thought the 1st season was pretty good. 2nd season was a bit of a let down for me in comparison to the 1st. Can’t see them making a 3rd one tbh.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I am finding it unwatchable. Almost painfully so. My wife loves this stuff though.
I can be very soppy with the shows :D.
I like period series and I just recently watched Outlander, which I really liked and partially, in the second season, deals with all that ceremonial pomp.
This one has some of that, albeit a vintage version of Gossip Girls, which probably you'd love too hehe

Green_Red

Looking forward to this new BBC drama Bloodlands that's set in N.I. and has James Nesbitt starring. Hopefully it's decent. Comes out in March I think.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I can be very soppy with the shows :D.
I like period series and I just recently watched Outlander, which I really liked and partially, in the second season, deals with all that ceremonial pomp.
This one has some of that, albeit a vintage version of Gossip Girls, which probably you'd love too hehe
I'm not a fan of period drama so I'm happy to take your (and my wife's word) that it is a good show. :)

We watched series 1 of Outlander which was tolerable but series 2 was too much for me and I think my wife even stopped watching. I'm not going to ask just in case.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Anyone who enjoyed Final Space (on netflix) should give Star Trek: Lower Decks a crack (Amazon Prime).

10 episodes, very enjoyable.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Anyone watching Call My Agent; the French series about an actors agency in Paris? It’s on netflix.
We’re on S1ep5 and it’s pretty good so far.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Started rewatching ‘The Americans’ again. I live the show, some of the shocking scenes are the best I’ve seen on non-cable television. It can drag on a touch at times & the ending is somewhat of a let down, but it’s an amazing period piece of Cold War history & should be seen by all.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Started rewatching ‘The Americans’ again. I live the show, some of the shocking scenes are the best I’ve seen on non-cable television. It can drag on a touch at times & the ending is somewhat of a let down, but it’s an amazing period piece of Cold War history & should be seen by all.
This is one of my favourite TV moments of all time. Epic show is epic.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is one of my favourite TV moments of all time. Epic show is epic.
Absolute quality.

Some of the more intense scenes were breathtaking as well, the suitcase scene springs immediately to mind. It was a rather gory series, yet there was a deftness to the gore, it never seemed out of place. All the sub plots were apparently created from actual events or actual plans, obviously not to any degree of specifics, but that reality really lent itself to the show’s realism & probably its durability that we will see.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The serial killers documentaries in Netflix are good fun.

One thing they all have in common: How inept and corrupt is the US law enforcement.

Oggmonster

I got through a season and about 3/4s of that and turned it off just couldn't get into it at all.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Zerozerozero on sky atlantic was a good watch, i think it's the same guys behind the show Gomorrah i really liked. Follows 3 seperate stories that intertwine following a huge shipment; the Italian mafia, Mexican cartel and an American family who broker the deal.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Zerozerozero on sky atlantic was a good watch, i think it's the same guys behind the show Gomorrah i really liked. Follows 3 seperate stories that intertwine following a huge shipment; the Italian mafia, Mexican cartel and an American family who broker the deal.
GOAT show imo, even better than Sopranos and The Wire.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
30 Coins ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9764386/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 )

Thoroughly enjoyable horror/fantasy Spanish series, it really captivates you despite sometimes being a bit ott and would probably have scared the shite out of me if I was 12 years old. The production is excellent and the cast are fantastic. Its on HBO Europe. Well worth a watch.
And Megan Montaner :drool:
I also liked it although maybe the last episodes are not so good, perhaps it becomes too fantastic for me

Nialler

Alex's Dad
And Megan Montaner :drool:
I also liked it although maybe the last episodes are not so good, perhaps it becomes too fantastic for me
Yes, she is a stunner ! The build up to the finale is excellent but like I said it can be a bit ott and the final scenes certainly were but its still very good, a blend of all the sub-genres within the horror category.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Really?! I watched the first two or three seasons and really enjoyed it but never thought it was on those levels. Might have to start it again.
Gomorrah is one of my all time favourites too. Season 1-2 though, haven’t watched season three, cause I know what will happen and kind of don’t want to see it.