Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Gomorrah is one of my all time favourites too. Season 1-2 though, haven’t watched season three, cause I know what will happen and kind of don’t want to see it.
I also love it, the characters are unbeatable, both Genny and Ciro and I also stopped watching it
in my case I stopped because was too brutal.
Not just the deaths but the lives of everyone involved.
When I saw the death of Ciro's wife, it left me feeling crappy, and had to spoil the end of the season

Agent Red

Anyone watching Call My Agent; the French series about an actors agency in Paris? It’s on netflix.
We’re on S1ep5 and it’s pretty good so far.
Just finished this a couple of days ago and really loved it. Subtitles good for making you pay attention and actually watch it properly as well.

NinjaFletch

Anyone seen Deutschland 83?

Is it any cop?
Anyone watching Call My Agent; the French series about an actors agency in Paris? It’s on netflix.
We’re on S1ep5 and it’s pretty good so far.
Watching both of these at the minute partly to improve my French and German. Dix Pour Cent (Call my Agent is such a shit title, why did they change it) is just fantastic and a really enjoyable little show.

Deutschland 83 is good too, but it's yet to grab me. My impression is that it got a lot more accolades than it might have done because it was a novelty being a German language, sub-titled show on UK and US television. And, of course because a lot of its subject matter was covered by The Lives of Others which is absolutely fantastic.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Watching both of these at the minute partly to improve my French and German. Dix Pour Cent (Call my Agent is such a shit title, why did they change it) is just fantastic and a really enjoyable little show.
Probably because American agencies want 15-20% and don’t want US actors getting any ideas.;)

Really though, I don’t know. The Intouchables was another that they changed to The Upside.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Just finished this a couple of days ago and really loved it. Subtitles good for making you pay attention and actually watch it properly as well.
I like that you can't be scrolling on the phone when watching these subtitled shows. My wife tends to do that a lot but she can't if she wants to watch this show. Win-win.
I've taken to calling my dog Jean Gabin too, which confuses the hell out of him.

K Stand Knut

Second this - really enjoying it with 2 episodes to go.
I third this. Thought it was really, really good and disappointed it wasn’t longer.

Only issue I had was how to watch it best for the sound. I hate watching foreign speaking programs with English ‘dubbed’ over the top. Tried to watch it with them speaking in French but with English subtitles but there seemed to be things said in the background that weren’t translated in to subtitles so felt like I was missing bits.

Money Heist was perfect with Spanish speaking and English subtitles.

Anyway, highly recommend Lupin and looking forward to the second series

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I've binged the first two seasons of True Detective since last weekend. Fantastic first season, eh alright second season. I'll start season three this weekend, heard it's rated right up there with the debut season.

Edit: Watched S3, E1 and remembered I'd already seen/finished this season. On to the next binge...

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
I've binged the first two seasons of True Detective since last weekend. Fantastic first season, eh alright second season. I'll start season three this weekend, heard it's rated right up there with the debut season.

Edit: Watched S3, E1 and remembered I'd already seen/finished this season. On to the next binge...

Thought the third season was very poor. The acting was good was very atmospheric but overall story and ending just terrible

SirAnderson

Is American Gods any good?
It's okay if you into that sort of thing. Supernatural stuff. I've watched both seasons that are complete. Season 1 was enjoyable, but I struggled a bit with season 2. Had season 2 sitting for a few months before I decided to just sit through it and finish it. Also says a lot that I'm not in a hurry to watch season 3. When the final episode drops I will finish it though, want to see where it goes from here.

SirAnderson

I'm surprisingly hooked on this series 9-1-1.

I am currently watching season 3 having binged on 1 and 2 in just under 2 weeks.

Feels like your Chicago Fire, PD, kinda world. But love how you develop with the characters and get attached to them. Embarrassingly, I admit that there are a number (more than I'd like to admit) of episodes where the tears came flowing (and I don't really cry for anything, you know, Tigers don't cry), and just another strong shout to how in depth the characters are made out that you feel it when stuff go wrong.

Granted there is a lot of filler episodes and there is no overarching big storyline, but more just going along the journey of each characters life and see them grow. Would definitely recommend for those who love this kind of genre. Also, the different situations and emergencies they come up with are totally cool.

Simbo

Tribes of Europa - Looked like typical Netflix trash but was bored enough to give it a shot and something in the trailer intrigued me. Early doors, only 3 eps in but so far so surprisingly good. It is well made, I'm sure by the same people that made Dark, for a number of reasons. Is mostly in German but depends who's speaking. Not looked up any details/reviews as I prefer going in blind.

Might end up trash still but could also be a bit of a gem if you like sci-fi.

wr8_utd

:'(
Someone here had recommended El Marginal and it's been pretty good so far. Almost completed Season 1.

Dante

Average bang
Anyone watched the new Superman & Lois? Any good?

I was a big fan of Gotham, so this kind of looks up my street. But only if it follows a similar tone.

hubbuh

You are not going to be disappointed.

best thing since The Sopranos.

It’s amazing
It's not better than The Wire, I refuse to accept that. Not that anybody wants to get into this debate but The Sopranos and The Wire still stand alone as the best ever surely.

K Stand Knut

It's not better than The Wire, I refuse to accept that. Not that anybody wants to get into this debate but The Sopranos and The Wire still stand alone as the best ever surely.
Ive not seen the whole of the Wire. Don’t hold it against me!!!!

I’d still have The Sopranos above it but it’s as good as anything I’ve seen in recent years.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

TD absolutely peaked with the first season. The second was decent, the third slightly better.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Lucky bastard. Enjoy the ride.
Many thanks.
It is a quality show, but the lyric ‘one of these things is not like the other’ seems to be written for the show.
I shall attempt to decipher this cryptic quote as my binge continues.
See you in The Wire thread in a few weeks talking about how amazing it is and how did you wait this long to watch it.
I'm only two episodes in but yes, this seems destined to happen :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So over the last month or so I've re-watched all of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air... which I haven't watched for about 15 years or so at this point.

It was one of my favourite show in my younger days, so my nostalgia for it obviously colours my view, but I loved going back through it. I had a strong memory of pretty much every episode, and it was still funny, still witty and still heart-warming... could easily see myself giving it another rewatch a few years from now.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
For all the Gomorrah fans (I am also one), have you all seen Romanzo Criminale? It's older but also really good

Simbo

Tribes of Europa - Looked like typical Netflix trash but was bored enough to give it a shot and something in the trailer intrigued me. Early doors, only 3 eps in but so far so surprisingly good. It is well made, I'm sure by the same people that made Dark, for a number of reasons. Is mostly in German but depends who's speaking. Not looked up any details/reviews as I prefer going in blind.

OK there was only 6 episodes in season 1. Very much felt like they are testing the water with this one before committing to making more.

Thought it was decent though, better than expected. There's a lot of potential in the story here but certainly things they could do better if they commit to it.

AkaAkuma

I watched the first episode yesterday, thought it was abit meh, but will give it a go as its the same creators from Dark. only 6 episodes.