Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Better Call Saul is excellent. But it gets really good when Lalo Salamanca comes in.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The first two seasons of better call Saul are really slow, it sort of has to be as the show needs to explain and show the viewers a lot of the relationships between the characters we have never met before but obviously play a major role in Jimmys life and career. In my opinion if you watch all of season 3 and still aren't to keen I would stop watching as i feel season 3 is when the show starts to pick up pace and get closer to the feel of breaking bad. Mike has a lot more to do in season 3 as well, and you start to see him becoming more of the man that we see in breaking bad.
I'll definitely watch all of this season and see where I'm at. I want to like it because I really like the characters, but I'm getting to the point where I'm forcing myself to watch it now. Hopefully, it clicks by the end of this season/beginning of season 3.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Started watching Better Call Saul this week. I finished season 1 and watched 2 episodes of season two. While the show is clearly not bad, it's not really gripping me at the moment. Not sure if it really picks up and kicks on from here, but there's nothing so far that's compelling me to keep going. I will stick with it for now because I've read so many good things about it, but slightly disappointed so far.
It really does pick up from S3 onwards. If I wasn't already a BB fan I probably would have fecked it off after S2 but I'm glad I stuck with it, becomes a genuionely great show.

AkaAkuma

Struggling near the end of s2 mad men, was really hooked by s1 but it feels like the main male characters arent evolving. Usually fast fwd through any hook up scenes, gets tedious after a while.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm a little late but taking advantage of a short subscription to one of the amazon channels I started Gangs of London, for the moment it seems very good.
I also started Brave new world, based on the book, about an alternative future.
I really liked it until I found out it was canceled :(. I hate watching shows that get canceled after the first season.
Now I started "The one" on Netflix.It's decent

BBer13

Struggling near the end of s2 mad men, was really hooked by s1 but it feels like the main male characters arent evolving. Usually fast fwd through any hook up scenes, gets tedious after a while.
I sometimes felt that way with mad men, but i kept going and it ended up being one of my favourite shows. The ending to season 3 is well worth waiting for and season 4 is good throughout. definitely persist with it if you haven't got anything better to watch.

Last edited:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I’d advise sticking with it, it’s one of my all-time favorites but like a lot of shows suffers a little second season dip.

AkaAkuma

I sometimes felt that way with mad men, but i kept going and it ended up being on of my favourite shows. The ending to season 3 is well worth waiting for and season 4 is good throughout. definitely persist with it if you haven't got anything better to watch.
I'll stick with it, though wount watch as prolifically. Half way through season one I was putting it as an all time favourite.

Just alittle tired of Draper and Sterling

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It really does pick up from S3 onwards. If I wasn't already a BB fan I probably would have fecked it off after S2 but I'm glad I stuck with it, becomes a genuionely great show.
Good to hear.

Yeah, same with me. The only reason I've been sticking with it this long is because I like the characters, so I'll definitely watch all this season and give season 3 a chance.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just finished watching Your Honour. Starring and directed by Brian Cranston. Thought it was great, and feels like he has taken some influence from Breaking Bad in terms of how it’s directed. Hard to put my finger on exactly what the similarities are though.
Good man has to do bad things for the greater good.

I finished it and was not pleased. Some of the character motivations were beyond stupid and there are too many coincidences in order to move the plot forward, which is just lazy writing.

I would have given up were it not for Cranston.

AaronRedDevil

I'm a little late but taking advantage of a short subscription to one of the amazon channels I started Gangs of London, for the moment it seems very good.
I also started Brave new world, based on the book, about an alternative future.
I really liked it until I found out it was canceled :(. I hate watching shows that get canceled after the first season.
Now I started "The one" on Netflix.It's decent
That’s probably getting cancelled too since it’s Netflix :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good man has to do bad things for the greater good.

I finished it and was not pleased. Some of the character motivations were beyond stupid and there are too many coincidences in order to move the plot forward, which is just lazy writing.

I would have given up were it not for Cranston.
Underwhelming show overall.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Halfway through season 2 of the Wire and I've never wanted to work on the docks more. I wish my current employer allowed for breakfast shots...

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Anyone watching Call My Agent; the French series about an actors agency in Paris? It’s on Netflix.
We’re on S1ep5 and it’s pretty good so far.
edit: we finished it and it honestly got better as it moved along. Sad to see it end. There a 4 seasons, with 6 episodes each, iirc.

Dante

Average bang
Anyone else seen Invincible? It's an animated superhero show in the vein of The Boys, which I think could be right up somebody like @Sylar's street. I'm loving it so far.

IMDB link

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

How would you rate it, in comparison to breaking bad? Is it close to as good?

Dante

Average bang
Just watched the trailer, it looks awesome
Prime video?
Yeah, it's on Prime. First 3 episodes were released in one go a few days ago. Can't wait for the fourth now.

Although I am enjoying Superman & Lois, I think between these two shows it's Invincible that I'm most looking forward to the next installment of. It's been the best comic book show of the year so far, imo.

Watch all of episode 1, and try not to get hooked.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah, it's on Prime. First 3 episodes were released in one go a few days ago. Can't wait for the fourth now.

Although I am enjoying Superman & Lois, I think between these two shows it's Invincible that I'm most looking forward to the next installment of. It's been the best comic book show of the year so far, imo.

Watch all of episode 1, and try not to get hooked.
It's ridiculously good so far. Stellar voice cast too.

AaronRedDevil

I've really no shows left to watch. I've completed Amazon and just currently rewatching Punisher.

TheReligion

Abusive
The Terror was decent on BBC. Historic supernatural horror produced by Ridley Scott.

10 episodes. Based on the story of HMS Terror in the 1800s.

Welsh Wonder

How would you rate it, in comparison to breaking bad? Is it close to as good?
Yes. I'd rate BB higher personally but BCS is very good too.
The Terror was decent on BBC. Historic supernatural horror produced by Ridley Scott.

10 episodes. Based on the story of HMS Terror in the 1800s.
Have you seen the second season? I've not got around to it yet myself but I've heard good things.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes. I'd rate BB higher personally but BCS is very good too.

Have you seen the second season? I've not got around to it yet myself but I've heard good things.
I didn't even know there was a second season until I looked on IMDB after finishing the first.

Apparently the reviews say it's pretty poor and doesn't relate at all to the first so a totally different story?

That said the first season is easily 8.5/10

Welsh Wonder

I didn't even know there was a second season until I looked on IMDB after finishing the first.

Apparently the reviews say it's pretty poor and doesn't relate at all to the first so a totally different story?

That said the first season is easily 8.5/10
I'm obviously listening to the wrong people :lol: but yeah it's unrelated to the first season. I think they initially planned to have several seasons each based around the folklore of different cultures but if season 2 was poorly received then that's probably the end of that.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm obviously listening to the wrong people :lol: but yeah it's unrelated to the first season. I think they initially planned to have several seasons each based around the folklore of different cultures but if season 2 was poorly received then that's probably the end of that.
What did you think of S1?

Andersons Dietician

Anyone else seen Invincible? It's an animated superhero show in the vein of The Boys, which I think could be right up somebody like @Sylar's street. I'm loving it so far.

IMDB link
I just came on to write about this. I saw some guy on Instagram plugging it with his free merch, then later that day scrolling through Amazon saw it and thought I‘d give it a go. The ending of the first episode had me shook. I did not see it going that way at all. So glad it did and then revealed itself for what it is :D cartoon version of The Boys.

Smashed the rest of the episodes back to back and thought it was really good. However Rexplosition, everytime he speaks I just keep hearing Jay from Big Mouth. I take it its the same voice actor. Just hasn’t decided to change anything about it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I just came on to write about this. I saw some guy on Instagram plugging it with his free merch, then later that day scrolling through Amazon saw it and thought I‘d give it a go. The ending of the first episode had me shook. I did not see it going that way at all. So glad it did and then revealed itself for what it is :D cartoon version of The Boys.

Smashed the rest of the episodes back to back and thought it was really good. However Rexplosition, everytime he speaks I just keep hearing Jay from Big Mouth. I take it its the same voice actor. Just hasn’t decided to change anything about it.
I'd say it's The Boys mixed with Rick & Morty, moreso. The intergalactic element to it and the comedy really reminds me of R&M for some reason.

It is great though.

(Also worth noting that the comic was written three years before The Boys comic!)