Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Andersons Dietician

I'd say it's The Boys mixed with Rick & Morty, moreso. The intergalactic element to it and the comedy really reminds me of R&M for some reason.

It is great though.

(Also worth noting that the comic was written three years before The Boys comic!)
I was thinking Archer more so than Rick and Morty. The I reference to The Boys was because I was not expecting that level of
Violence and Gore at the end of the first episode. Nothing about it made me think it would turn that violent and gruesome and I loved it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Watched the first episode of Invincible. Thought it was fairly standard superhero fare up until the ending. That's an interesting hook!

Tarrou

The Serpent is good especially if you're into your serial killers and shit

its a bonkers story the sort of thing you couldn't make up

I find it slightly jarring that they hired an English actor to play one of the main characters though - who was a Dutch diplomat

he did a fairly decent accent at the start but it slowly got worse and at some points just doesn't seem to bother

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Finished GOMORRA few weeks back, and it was awesome. The production values really surprised me.

So, while I wait for the 5th season, are there any more similar shows I should watch? Suburra or something? A movie?

Andy_Cole

Finished GOMORRA few weeks back, and it was awesome. The production values really surprised me.

So, while I wait for the 5th season, are there any more similar shows I should watch? Suburra or something? A movie?
Just started season 3. It’s so good. Does it get better than season 2?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Romanzo Criminale first. If you've seen Romanzo Crimnale then I'd say go with Suburra.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Resident Alien. Holy shit its good. Really funny. Just binged season one over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

SparkedIntoLife

O Sabor das Margaridas (Bitter Daisies) on Netflix is a silly but very entertaining crime mystery show. Series 2 was better than the first. Definitely worth a try.

wr8_utd

:'(
For anyone who still watches Shameless, after 11 long season, it finally bids farewell this Sunday. It's dropped a lot in quality but it'll still be a sad moment when it's over. It's been a journey!

peridigm

For anyone who still watches Shameless, after 11 long season, it finally bids farewell this Sunday. It's dropped a lot in quality but it'll still be a sad moment when it's over. It's been a journey!
Just watched e9 tonight.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just finished watching Your Honour. Starring and directed by Brian Cranston. Thought it was great, and feels like he has taken some influence from Breaking Bad in terms of how it’s directed. Hard to put my finger on exactly what the similarities are though.
I'm about 3/4 of the way through and beginning to struggle. Not sure if I'll go back to it.

Tarrou

I thought Your Honour was pretty shit, only finished it cos the Mrs dragged me through it

The only character I liked was the gangster

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Party Down is on Hulu. Rewatched both seasons again. Directed by Paul Rudd with Adam Scott leading. Cringeworthy in a good way.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
We just finished the 1st season of Lupin, the French TV mini series starring Omar Sy (the black fella from the Intouchables movie). It’s not the best TV I’ve seen but it’s an ok time filler for weeknight viewing, one episode a night kind of thing.
We’ve also got a few episodes into Ozark so we were alternating the two for a few nights there.
Now that Lupin is done we’ll focus more on Ozark, hopefully.
My wife gets into these mad shows I’ve no interest in (the walking dead, shtisel, etc).

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'm about 10 years late to this one, but...

The Eric Andre Show is my new favourite thing ever.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So I finished Better Call Saul last night. I was saying how I wasn't really feeling it in the first 2/3 seasons. While it wasn't bad, I didn't find that it was hooking me. Luckily, it really does pick up halfway through season 3, and seasons 4 and 5 are excellent. Really good stuff. Some of the characters that are introduced are so good. I obviously won't go into it here, but having a sort of behind-the-scenes look at how certain things were done that would obviously play an important role in the Breaking Bad universe was super intriguing.

I did have a few problems with the last episode in terms of how some things went down, and on how certain characters were acting, but overall it was very good indeed. Hopefully, we don't have to wait that long for season 6. Apparently it could be released this year, or early 2022 at the latest. But I'm glad I stuck with it.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone recommend Search Party? I'm not sure any show has created a more dislikable set of characters and simultaneously managed to place them in situations that makes it compelling viewing.

It has had several of the most memorable moments in a dark comedy ever imo.

wr8_utd

Just watched e9 tonight.
At E9 also you can already see how it's probably going to end for Frank and it's really sad. As bad a parent as he was, it's sad to see him descend into poor health this way.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
watched the UK original years ago and among several other series I've watched during lockdown, watched the US one on Netflix. Only up to 9, has tailed but definitely want to see it through to the endt

UK one's good for anyone who hasn't seen it

wr8_utd

watched the UK original years ago and among several other series I've watched during lockdown, watched the US one on Netflix. Only up to 9, has tailed but definitely want to see it through to the endt

UK one's good for anyone who hasn't seen it
Yup it's steadily gone downhill since Season 7 or so but it's still been a very watchable show. I've heard a lot about the UK one but not yet given it a go. Will try it out!

Tarrou

Anyone recommend Search Party? I'm not sure any show has created a more dislikable set of characters and simultaneously managed to place them in situations that makes it compelling viewing.

It has had several of the most memorable moments in a dark comedy ever imo.
Yeah I really liked it

everyone is a right cnut though

M15 Red.

Recently finished both seasons of Succession. Overall I thought it was grand show, with enough scope for another solid season or two. Not many likeable characters, but they were all entertaining. I'm considering starting the bohemouth that is Mad Men next, or maybe The Killing. The original Danish one.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
The Terror was decent on BBC. Historic supernatural horror produced by Ridley Scott.

10 episodes. Based on the story of HMS Terror in the 1800s.
In the middle of this. Absolutely gripping TV.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
City on the Hill (Showtime) just started its second season.

Pretty good procedural set in the 90’s in perhaps the most racist major city in the states.

dal

Devils. American investment banking corruption located in London.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Your Honour was promising for half the season until you realize half the shit was pointless and is never mentioned again. And scenes from the previous episode contain scenes which weren’t actually shown in any of the episodes. It’s a complete cluster feck. It seems COVID disrupted production so they just said feck it and slapped it together.

Going back through Malcolm in the Middle and it’s still class. It’s such a memory of my childhood. Especially as I have the same size family and we lined up with the characters. I was the Dewey of my family.

Watching Sherlock too which is decent enough.

Tarrou

Just finished Caliphate on Netflix and thought it was incredible

it's gripping from start to finish and the acting was superb

shits all over something like Homeland from great heights