Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

AgentSmith

Recently finished both seasons of Succession. Overall I thought it was grand show, with enough scope for another solid season or two. Not many likeable characters, but they were all entertaining. I'm considering starting the bohemouth that is Mad Men next, or maybe The Killing. The original Danish one.
I watched that with my parents recently. The first season is 20 episodes in total so it’s a real slow burner as a heads up, depending if you enjoy that style or not.

I personally thought it was an absolute slog to get through with the slow pace still not allowing for any of the usual benefits of that style (character development, cinematography etc.) but my parents enjoyed it. Or at least they claimed to given they chose it. I mainly found it ironic a show called the killing could make you want to kill yourself by the end of it.

Last edited:

LoneStar

Those who recommended The Terror, good job! Halfway through the season, the cinematography is stunning!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just finished Caliphate on Netflix and thought it was incredible

it's gripping from start to finish and the acting was superb

shits all over something like Homeland from great heights
Yea i recommended this on reddit. Really good.

Shark

@NotShark
Was flicking through Netflix last night to test out some 4K/Dolby Vision on the new LG and now I'm hooked on BB for the 3rd time. First episode just gripped me and I can't stop :lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Probably been mentioned before but I’m revisiting The Sheild after al these years. It’s still a cracking show if anyone hasn’t seen it yet.

Keefy18

Defending Jacob

Recently watched this mini series and made for intriguing viewing.

Similar in characters and story to Your Honor but surpassed it in story telling and character development.

Annoyed Your Honor wasn't better as I am a massive Cranston fan, I found it very contrived in parts and the ending... Ugh!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Investigation : (HBO - US) A crime drama based on an infamous Danish murder. Little action or gore, it’s focused on the detective process and not the perp or victim. Criticism regarding it sounded to my ears as not ‘Hollywood’ enough, but I was completely on board with that. Watch

Invincible: (Amazon) Superhero animation comedy for a mature audience. Watch

The Walking Dead: (Netflix) Does everyone maintain the same generic facial expression for the whole series? I couldn’t get past S4 as background noise even though I’m desperately bored. I’d sooner watch a YouTuber do a play-through of the Telltale game. Pass

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s amazing how so much banality gets championed as quality in television & movies.

TWD is a perfect example.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It’s amazing how so much banality gets championed as quality in television & movies.

TWD is a perfect example.
I never understood the hype of it either, started out as fairly novel but feck me they're all such utter cnuts and on top of that the storylines are terrible.

It did have that wonderful Broadway bad lip reading song though with the horrifically cartoon Governor character.

It started to get interesting again when they left the Prison and there was a terrific episode shortly after that and then boom, went back to being shit again. After three attempts at watching the show I gave up.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I never understood the hype of it either, started out as fairly novel but feck me they're all such utter cnuts and on top of that the storylines are terrible.

It did have that wonderful Broadway bad lip reading song though with the horrifically cartoon Governor character.

It started to get interesting again when they left the Prison and there was a terrific episode shortly after that and then boom, went back to being shit again. After three attempts at watching the show I gave up.
I could probably stomach two seasons, but it got so repetitive in the first. It was just a slog. Plus I can only watch so much complete fiction before I start to laugh at myself.

Superhero / Marvel / Lord of the Dorks shit is the same to me.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance

Thank you for this review, I started watching it at the weekend. Brilliant TV, I am hooked.

Nialler

Alex's Dad

I've the last 2 episodes to watch tonight, excellent so far.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The Third Day- HBO

Three episodes in and it's really good.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Binging 'Bad Blood' on Netflix. Decent drama about the Rizzuto crime family in Montreal. Has that guy, Kim Coates, who starred in SOA.

HBO has another potential hit series in the making, Mare of Easttown. Kate Winslet plays a (milf) cop solving a murder.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
HBO has another potential hit series in the making, Mare of Easttown. Kate Winslet plays a (gilf) cop solving a murder.
Fixed it. Yeah I’m getting Sharp Objects vibes off of it, except not in backwoods Missouri and she’s a detective instead of a journalist.

LoneStar

Just finished watching the first season of Terror. I liked it. Have heard very mixed reviews about the second season, has anyone watched it ?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Anyone watched Into The Night on Netflix? Interesting premise. Looks quite good?
Yeah, I watched it back last year. I really, really enjoyed it. It's an incredible amount of fun and they do a great job ratcheting up the tension. I went into it a little sceptical as the premise was intriguing but slightly preposterous, but ended up loving it. Binged it within a day or two. Don't watch it dubbed though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, I watched it back last year. I really, really enjoyed it. It's an incredible amount of fun and they do a great job ratcheting up the tension. I went into it a little sceptical as the premise was intriguing but slightly preposterous, but ended up loving it. Binged it within a day or two. Don't watch it dubbed though.
Brilliant. Thanks. Will watch. I never watch dubbed. Subtitles are great because they force me to pay attention and I never miss important plot points.