Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

lilcurt

Just finished Line of Duty, all 6 seasons in 14 days. First show both me and the Mrs enjoyed for quite awhile.

Finished the last season of Castlevania, fantastic show with a great art direction and engaging narrative.

Next on the list, starting Vikings, will give it the 5 episode test, if I'm not engaged by then I probably won't commit. Never really spoke to me before despite hearing positive things.

I really crave a top sci-fi show but nothing decent apart from the Expanse for years and I've exhausted, Firefly, Babylon 5, Farscape (perhaps my favourite ever show), Stargate, Trek and Battlestar... Anything else worth diving into?

AgentSmith

Just finished Line of Duty, all 6 seasons in 14 days. First show both me and the Mrs enjoyed for quite awhile.

Finished the last season of Castlevania, fantastic show with a great art direction and engaging narrative.

Next on the list, starting Vikings, will give it the 5 episode test, if I'm not engaged by then I probably won't commit. Never really spoke to me before despite hearing positive things.

I really crave a top sci-fi show but nothing decent apart from the Expanse for years and I've exhausted, Firefly, Babylon 5, Farscape (perhaps my favourite ever show), Stargate, Trek and Battlestar... Anything else worth diving into?
I’d highly recommend ‘Devs’ if you want a sci-fi vibe. Written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex-Machina, Annihilation etc).

Thought it was one of the best things I’ve watched in quite a while.

Available on iPlayer which is always a dream, 8 episodes in total.

Ollie Derbyshire

Just started Them on prime, was looking for something with a few jumps in it, liking it so far. So is Mrs D.

lilcurt

I’d highly recommend ‘Devs’ if you want a sci-fi vibe. Written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex-Machina, Annihilation etc).

Thought it was one of the best things I’ve watched in quite a while.

Available on iPlayer which is always a dream, 8 episodes in total.
Haven't heard of that but looks interesting from a quick Google. I'll add it to the list, thanks.

Tiber

A new United documentary hosted by Cantona just popped up on sky.

Never knew Tommy Docherty was fired for running off with his physios wife!

Could do with less Andy Burnham

wr8_utd

:'(
Spoiler that merda!

I agree but it’s worth it for the 2nd season. Genny’s transformation is one of the best I’ve seen in a show and he just gets better.

Went from the character I hated the most to the one I wanted the most screen time for. His gap yah in South America really helped him grow.
So sorry. I thought I'd clicked on Insert spoiler.

Yeah I can imagine Genny really growing from this but it was extremely lazy.

PS: Is Genny the same fellow who plays the fat guy in the latest season of Fargo?

RedDevilRoshi

Anyone watched & recommend The Queens Gambit on Netflix? It’s a mini-series.

My wife suggested it the other night but her choices can be really hit and miss at times.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
From what I have gathered, it's particularly enjoyable for people who know nothing about chess. Those who are more versed in chess seem to have gotten annoyed by the representation of it in the show.

Other than that, it's a rather pleasant show, if entirely forgettable. Great performance by the lead actress.

sidsutton

I was a bit disappointed with the final season. I didn't find the story as interesting.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Godfather of Harlem is quality stuff. Just watched season 1 after the recommendation on here and I’m glad I did. Great cast.

the two best I’ve seen recently are the night of and succession.

I tried mr robot and got as far as the end of season 2 but I felt like giving it up for a while.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Le Bureau des Légendes is an amazing show.

I found out about the show through this website. Amazing show, highly recommended

In the US you can watch through Prime or Sundance.
Watched this show off recommendations in this thread. Really good

SirAnderson

So I decided to give Vincenzo some more airtime after the "wtf is this" moments I had in the first episodes.

Wile I can't really do many episodes because of how long each one is, it has grown on me, now that I have come to expect the "wtf is this" moments that makes up pretty much the feel of series. Does feel like they dragging the storyline way too long, but I'm along for the ride and will try to do an episode or 2 a day when possible.

wr8_utd

:'(
Watched this show off recommendations in this thread. Really good
It's definitely in the Top 5 shows I've seen. Glorious show and really disappointed there wasn't one more season when it had looked like there would be.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
It's definitely in the Top 5 shows I've seen. Glorious show and really disappointed there wasn't one more season when it had looked like there would be.
There was comments of continuing the show, but with a new cast. So wouldn't be the same show I suppose.
Is one of those shows I see myself rewatching in a few years. Only two maybe three other shows like that for me

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I stumbled across a series on Netflix as it started auto playing the trailer and I thought I'd give it a try. It's called Start Up and features Martin Freeman.

Turns out it's actually a cracking little series. Surprised I've never heard anybody mention it before, bit of a hidden gem. If you read an overview of what it's about then it might sound a bit 'meh' but there's a lot more to it than what is on the face of it and it's an enjoyable watch. I've just started the second series now.

Zlatattack

I just binged money Heist and it's very good, although the dubbing puts you off a little.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Anyone watched & recommend The Queens Gambit on Netflix? It’s a mini-series.

My wife suggested it the other night but her choices can be really hit and miss at times.
It is excellent. I'd guess chess buffs might find it superficial but it is great TV.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I'm on the last episode of Castlevania season 4 and I dont want to watch it because I don't want it to end.

What a TV show, pure epicness.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
When you're binging The Office Jimface quickly loses its charm. It's a shame the Scranton Strangler never got him.

I'm on the last episode of Castlevania season 4 and I dont want to watch it because I don't want it to end.

May be the best video game-related TV show/movie. It's brilliant.

SirAnderson

I keep hearing how great this show is. Last Anime I watched but didn't finish was Bleach I think, and it was okay, just got confused where I ended and didn't bother trying to figure it out.
It seems like there are very little episodes, so will give season 1 a shot today.

GueRed

Not a big TV watcher tbh

But watched a few the past year.

Stranger Things, Cobra Kai, Narcos and Chernobyl, I really enjoyed

The Sopranos is my all time fave.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I keep hearing how great this show is. Last Anime I watched but didn't finish was Bleach I think, and it was okay, just got confused where I ended and didn't bother trying to figure it out.
It seems like there are very little episodes, so will give season 1 a shot today.
Castlevania is one of the best shows on Netflix regardless of genre…don’t let the format dissuade you. I’m on the same page as @Shane88 and @George Owen on this one.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I've quite enjoyed Ragnarök, even more so the second season than the first. The concept is quite common in modern TV — you have a reactualisation of Norse mythology in today's world, touching a lot on subjects like social issues, industrial pollution & global warming... the writing is very good & the acting for most characters (there were a few iffy ones) is brilliant.

Also, Norway is just so, so beautiful! and so are Theresa Frostad Eggesbø & Synnøve Macody Lund

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
thanks to whoever recommended Mr Inbetween

it's absolutely amazing
Seconded, just finished the first series and it's superb.

The humour is almost like Flight of the Conchords at times but then it can get so dark at the flip of a switch, too.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I've quite enjoyed Ragnarök, even more so the second season than the first. The concept is quite common in modern TV — you have a reactualisation of Norse mythology in today's world, touching a lot on subjects like social issues, industrial pollution & global warming... the writing is very good & the acting for most characters (there were a few iffy ones) is brilliant.

Also, Norway is just so, so beautiful! and so are Theresa Frostad Eggesbø & Synnøve Macody Lund
Must give it a watch.